News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Bye bye YLO's computer :(

Started by YourLoveOnly, April 17, 2013, 06:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

The verdict.. The computer can't be saved. Which means I'll be stuck with my iPod and the generosity of friends and family when they sometimes let me borrow their laptops for a few hours. This is going to last until I can buy a new computer, which might not be until September.

I will still be around daily because I have my iPod and a WiFi connection in this building, but any adoptable stuff from me will be really really slow, pretty much non active. I'll probably try to color a few pets when I visit my parents for a day or two, but there won't be many events going on.

PonyMama has very generously offered to take over the last FCFC I owe from the March thread, so people waiting on those shouldn't have to wait too long anymore. I finished the last USD ones myself at my parents a couple days back, just need to find enough time with a laptop to import them. Almost all Panda Shrimps from Christmas have also been completed, but some had been colored after my last back-up so about half of them have gotten lost :( The other half I haven't been able to upload yet because photobucket is a pain in my butt. The !Blub! aren't done yet and I'm not sure when they can be, as they take more time due to the genetics involved with them.

If anyone is interested in becoming staff to try and keep Panda Shrimps and/or !Blub! active and help clear up the owed things while I'm without a computer, please shoot me a PM. You will of course be paid, in SG and/or pets.
I have a bunch of Syrians colored up, as well as some of the color example images I can adopt out, so I should be okay with those for a while. I also have nothing owed with them, so that's one less shop to stress about.

I feel really bad for this happening when I still have owed stuff :( I hope everyone will understand. My computer is a big outlet for me, so it really sucks that it can't be repaired. It was very old and I've been fearing this day for a while, but I had hoped it would last until after my birthday so I could possibly set some cash aside for it.

Ryuukokoro

Oh no! Thank sucks, YLO. It's so hard being without a computer these days. :( At least you have you iPod!

I'm still waiting on a FCFC to be delivered to my account, I bid on it from the scavenger hunt and that bid was never accepted. Could you or PM do that?

And huge thank you to PM for agreeing to finish the FCFC stuff! ^.^ Yay!

PonyMama

Yeah 40 to colour why not colour more, now just have to hope my Migraine goes away and then I am good to go
You will have to let me know what I am colouring from the thread though, and if it is the April Fools ones, I need to know details when you get a chance on what you had planned to do

Sorry about the death of your computer YLO

CutieePiee

So sorry to hear about your computer! :(

But glad you can still hang around by using your iPod and glad you have people like PM to help you.

YourLoveOnly

I should have a bit of laptop access at my parents tomorrow, so I will get that list done for you then PM, as well as accept the bids from the final hide and seek round (if no one else has by then) and deal with the april Kennel/Cattery fees.

Winged has offered to be a parttime staff member for Panda Shrimps until I get a computer again, so that should also be covered.

For !Blub! I am hoping for a helper who doesn't really have an interest in following the shop, as I'd have to reveal the full genetic system to this helper and I think the shop is less fun to follow if you know all the genetics, plus it's easy to take advantage of the knowledge when breeding etcetera so I'd prefer a helper who doesn't very actively participate in !Blub!

I'm glad I still have my iPod, I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have any internet access at all, I really love this community and would hate to be ripped away from it. And it'd also be a hassle for my Hamstery if I couldn't frequently access my email and post updates on the dutch hamsterforum. I have a friend pasting the forum updates onto my website so at least that's covered too and my dad is able to deal with financial stuff like paying rent on my behalf using his laptop since I visited the bank and gave him rights to do so. Stupid automated everything nowadays *grumbles*

Rosedawn

So sorry to hear about your comp!

Curious question: does this include the blue bees behind from last month?

Bunraku

Shame about your computer YLO, you know I'd help if I wasn't already swamped! <3 I do enjoy panda shrimps so much.

YourLoveOnly

Last month? I think you mean this month. And like I said I still have to do this month. March beds had been sent out, yours included. Anything for April hasn't yet, because my computer crashed before I could deal with those.

Aralie

Aww, sorry to hear about your computer YLO *hugs*

Rosedawn

No hun I meant the ones turned in for breedings last month.

YourLoveOnly

There is no set time for when those need to be completed, they are added to a list and are colored as staff has time, so that's not really something that can be behind. They will probably be a lot slower for a while too considering we now have 2 staff members able to color instead of 3, since I can't really do much until I have my computer back.

PonyMama

No worrries Rose, when I get what I owe out and finish what is owed from the March thread, I will work on some breedings.

I have so many I need to colour for me, but for you guys is way more fun

TheLeet

It pains me to think that you're without a Computer when I don't even know how many old (but mostly functional) PCs and laptops my bf has hoarded here over the years >.<
You probably already have, but it might be worth asking around if anyone has an old computer they don't need any more. That's how we got most of ours :/

YourLoveOnly

Sadly no one does. I had tried to find one I could at least borrow until I've saved up for a new one. But it's okay, at least I can still me around my much loved online communities using the iPod and I'll just do my best to work with what I have :)

Winged

Have you tried second hand websites like gumtree or freecycle? You might be able to find a cheap or free computer someone's looking to get rid of.
Owner of Gliders!