News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Banu Gaia] Breeding Season

Started by Umm Gaia, February 20, 2014, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umm Gaia

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on February 21, 2014, 11:47:04 AM
So if I understand correctly registered dens lost the priviledge to keep 4 babies per breeding? I don't think that is fair and I hope you will consider changing it back :) I paid a monthly fee specifically to get this priviledge.

Okay, based on what Wild has on the Agency page for Registered Dens, the fee is 15k per month or 180k for the year. I can go back through the transactions and see who is current on the fees. Or PM me if you want to pay the fee and become a Registered Den.

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Wildfilly94 posts in Green
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Wildfilly94

Okay guys, I'm taking with Sarah about the dens now, so everyone hold on for a minute with those. :P

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

It truly is all my fault. XD I forgot all about that part until now. OKAY GUYS. IM SORRY I FAIL. XD

SO. Here's whats going down... Wildfilly94 (me) is going to be the new "secretary" for Den records, or at least until I straighten things out and get everything normal and easy to understand for Sarah.

I am making a few changes for Dens. First and foremost.. There is to be only /ONE/ den per person. No more individual dens per breed per person. You will have just ONE den, period. This will make things WAY easier on us, and since Banu Gaia is expanding with many breeds to come, there would just be way too much to maintain. I hope you understand, but there is no arguing or whining against this new rule please. With that said, I'm going to have a form and instructions for current dens to pm to this account to change the name of their den to a more appropriate name that will match having a range of pets in one den.

Second... Instead of... whatever the heck was going on with item hand outs before.. I am implementing a new way to do those as well. You will now have the following choices for the items you receive each month..

Option 1: 1 Out of Season Box & Magic Feed bags to be given every month.
Option 2: 1 Out of Season Box & Fruit Baskets to be given out. Fruit baskets will be given every 2 months, the box every single month.
Option 3: 1 Out of Season Box every month, and an alternating item distribution; 1 Magic feed bag one month, fruit basket the next, magic feed the next and so on.

I Need EVERYONE who has registered a den to send a PM to /this/ account. This PM needs to contain the following:

Your New Den Name:
Your New Den's Prefix:
Link to your thread/site for your Den: (You don't need to update it to the new standards yet, just need a link to reference)
# of months your paying for:
Option 1, 2, or 3:

*Send payment to Umm Gaia

IF your den is still current and you do not owe payment (See the Notary Office thread for registered dens to find out when you expire) you DO NOT have to pay for more months right now. The date your den expires listed on that page is going to be honored through this new system. So anyone with time left on their dens can claim 4 babies per litter as of now. Also! If you owned two dens, I will keep the later date on when your den expires. So if you had a rat den expiring 4/01/14 and a snake den expiring 5/03/14, I will make your new den expire on 5/03/14.

*We are also going to be accepting new dens SOON. Not right now, but once I have everything new typed up and everyone settled who has a den, you will be allowed to submit new applications!
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Saturnalia

My den had lapsed as no one really got around to telling me what I owed a few months ago when I asked, lol. But that's ok, as CDA wasn't really active during that time, and it's not like I was getting the item perks since I hadn't paid, so I think that all balances out. So, I'll just go ahead and send a PM to re-up. I assume that doesn't count as a "new" den.

Umm Gaia

You're correct Saturn. Go ahead and send a pm. ^^

I'm pming everyone who needs to change info for their dens now, incase they dont see this thread.

Eta: the agency page is updated with the new info for Den records, as well as the Notary Office thread. :)
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Quote from: Umm Gaia on February 21, 2014, 01:37:54 PM
We are now accepting applications for new dens! Please see the Agency Info page for information on what you need/what to do! Thank you!!

And I'm done hijacking this thread now. XD Any den questions/forms should be PM'ed to this account!
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

PonyMama

I am a little sad that I have to resubmit a breeding that was clearly at the top of an existing list, to now be crammed down at the bottom

I think those breedings should have been completed first

Winged

I'm a little unhappy about that too, first having to resubmit when it's already there as I am busy at the moment so don't have much time for submitting breedings and then it going to the end of all submitted breedings by the time I get it in. Admittedly it's at the bottom of the current list but that's still closer than including all the new breedings too.
Owner of Gliders!

Rosedawn

Any word on the wild breedings item? (I bought mine already just seeing if it is in operation yet)

Silvanon

I just finished coding up the wild breeding box.  It hasn't been tested yet, but if you'd like to play guinea pig you can submit, and let me know about any errors that come up.

Umm Gaia

Arty is working on the December breedings now.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Quote from: Silvanon on February 21, 2014, 04:05:17 PM
I just finished coding up the wild breeding box.  It hasn't been tested yet, but if you'd like to play guinea pig you can submit, and let me know about any errors that come up.

I will...lol
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Rosedawn

PonyMama

well I did resubmit, should I cancel that then?

Umm Gaia

Wild breeding worked for a female but not for a male....
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Don't worry they're at the top of the list. I'm trying to get a few Ocelot premades done and I'll get back to working on breedings.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Ember

Probably should have read this first. But yeah, wild breeding didn't work for my male. Could I possibly get that wild box back? XP

Silvanon

Ember - if the breeding threw an error then it shouldn't have taken your box.  Also, wild breedings are working for males now, too.

Ember

Quote from: Silvanon on February 21, 2014, 05:26:50 PM
Ember - if the breeding threw an error then it shouldn't have taken your box.  Also, wild breedings are working for males now, too.

All I have left in my inventory is the magic feed bag.

EDIT: Now that the male wild breedings go through, the breeding has popped up properly. :) Problem solved.

Kadana Sorano

Old breeding has now been re-submitted.

Thank you for bearing with me guys, and explaining things.  My mind really isn't all here atm, I feel so slow and out of it *hugs* I appreciate the patience :)
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Sarah Badr

It'a be all right Kad.......I know how ya feel. ;D

Winged

So, to clarify we don't need to resubmit breedings any more?
Owner of Gliders!

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Wild brought it to my attention that I had Silv add lines to the Ocelots....I totally forgot about them.

So, if you would like your cubs to be lined just add that into the comment box when submitting breedings.

Or, if you've already submitted breedings and would like them lined, please PM me.

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Country

Aww! I love my little guy!

Quick question....I thought Ocelots were supposed to produce 2-3 cubs...he doesn't have a sibling?

Umm Gaia

I rolled and you only got 1...

In real life the only have 1 and sometimes 2.....so I roll for 1 also...not just 2 or 3.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Country

OK...I understand...but that does make the first post a bit confusing....

Umm Gaia

Quote from: Country on February 22, 2014, 09:40:03 AM
OK...I understand...but that does make the first post a bit confusing....

Sorry about not being more clear, I edited it.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

I hope everyone who has submitted breedings understands, I'm going to try and finish up the December breedings first, before doing any new ones.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

YourLoveOnly

The first post doesn't mention just one baby and your agency info page has the following listed under litter size: * BG Ocelots have 2-3 cubs per litter; 2 being the most common
So I don't think it's right to suddenly get 1 baby when everyone is expecting at least two.

Umm Gaia

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on February 22, 2014, 09:48:46 AM
The first post doesn't mention just one baby and your agency info page has the following listed under litter size: * BG Ocelots have 2-3 cubs per litter; 2 being the most common
So I don't think it's right to suddenly get 1 baby when everyone is expecting at least two.

I edited it.

Edit: In real life Ocelots only have 1 cub, and very rarely 2, I have been generous in allowing them to have the chance of having 3. I have changed how I roll for cubs, so getting only 1 is still a possibility but less likely.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

YourLoveOnly

The edit wasn't there yet when I posted :) But I mostly meant I don't think it is fair to change it to allowing 1 when people have already submitted breedings expecting at least 2. I did read you are changing it as an afterthought, but that doesn't seem right to me when people have already arranged breedings and possibly even promised the 2nd baby as stud/RB fee to the owner of a parent. So I think for this season it would be most fair to keep it at 2-3, then change it to 1-3 for next time.

Umm Gaia

Quote from: YourLoveOnly on February 22, 2014, 10:13:43 AM
The edit wasn't there yet when I posted :) But I mostly meant I don't think it is fair to change it to allowing 1 when people have already submitted breedings expecting at least 2. I did read you are changing it as an afterthought, but that doesn't seem right to me when people have already arranged breedings and possibly even promised the 2nd baby as stud/RB fee to the owner of a parent. So I think for this season it would be most fair to keep it at 2-3, then change it to 1-3 for next time.

I made the odds for 1 less, so there shouldn't be as much of a chance. But, just like for Elenaria, if you only get one baby, different arrangements are worked out with the person you RB'd with. We'll get it all worked out. :)
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

PonyMama

as someone who has run adoptables for years

I suggest if you are going to change the rules half way through
do a cut off time for when these rules come into effect.  This will allow anyone new to submit breedings to follow the new rules, but give the people who submitted breedings under the old rules the babies they were told they would get.

either way this change to one baby has turned me off breeding my pair of ocelots sadly

Wildfilly94

Guys, that was my fault. I miss-read her rules when editing the agency page and the front post. The way it was explained seemed weird to me, but she did in fact have ONE to 3 first. When I went to edit things to make them make more sense, I missed the 1 part and entered 2 instead. Sorry about that!!

Also keep in mind that I changed SO MUCH when I first started breeding seasons for CDA. Its a growing process and you quickly learn what works and does't work. Sometimes I happens in the middle of a season. She did change, due to my mistake, that rolling 1 is MUCH less likely to happen now, so I don't see too much of an issue now. ^^

Patience, understanding, and lots of trial-and-error is going to happen through the first few events. It takes time, and its very hard for someone who hasn't had much experience to run an agency. Personally, I think Sarah is doing a fine job, considering the circumstances. <3 I don't want her getting discouraged or anything, and I know how accepting everyone was when I made silly mistakes and changes during my breeding seasons.

PonyMama

No and that is understandable Wild, and I think Sarah us doing a fine job too, but as I said above, even if it is a mistake that was not caught right away it should have been honoured with a cut off date announced for people to know of the change

Arty

PonyMama's breeding is up!

(I may steal the second one from you... >.>
Just kidding, I do love her though XD)

Sunchaser

so i didnt realise i had a lot of out of season breeding boxes o.o i am assuming you would like us to wait to use those yes?

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Silvanon on February 21, 2014, 05:26:50 PM

Just tried to submit a wild breeding with a male and got
QuoteNo Mom entered -- please try again.
not completely sure if I did it right though.. was trying to submit one with your fishy boy (Icey) Silv.[/s]

ETA: Also, was there a decision made about the breeding/love pairs?  (if there were any bonus's when bred together, restrictions on breeding with someone not their "love pair" or such?)  Again, I just want to know ahead of time is all, don;t mind either way.

ETA 2: Never Mind, I figured it out (used normal breed box instead of the wild breed box I bought).  it is official!  Kadana's brain has left the building! *flops*
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Quote from: Sunchaser on February 22, 2014, 11:50:29 AM
so i didnt realise i had a lot of out of season breeding boxes o.o i am assuming you would like us to wait to use those yes?

You can use them now. :)
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

red_uni387

sarah i love my babies omg like for reals i want to keep them all thank you so much @___@

Umm Gaia

Quote from: red_uni387 on February 22, 2014, 03:11:56 PM
sarah i love my babies omg like for reals i want to keep them all thank you so much @___@

Oh I'm so glad. I was a lil scared of coloring the rats and snakes....wasn't sure I could do them as good.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Sunchaser

ETA: Also, was there a decision made about the breeding/love pairs?  (if there were any bonus's when bred together, restrictions on breeding with someone not their "love pair" or such?)  Again, I just want to know ahead of time is all, don;t mind either way.

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I would love to get a love pair of me and hubs in the future :)

Umm Gaia

Quote from: Sunchaser on February 22, 2014, 04:11:32 PM

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I would love to get a love pair of me and hubs in the future :)

There is no bonus when breeding them.
Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Umm Gaia

Banu Gaia (formerly CDA)
Sarah posts in Blue
Arty posts in Purple
Victoria posts in Red

Kahlira

Excellent! Very pretty:D

Just a teeny little note... They're not ocelots.