News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Starlight Tavern* Awakening Events

Started by Starlight Tavern, May 30, 2015, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starlight Tavern

Basically, a 'Tavern Cat' started out as a barn cat that kept company at the taverns. They were most often picked off the street, and any significant breed standards were quickly lost. However, they grew more empathetic towards humans, more intelligent. Before long it was impossible to deny that they were sentient life, and today they are considered close companions. They lead the wandering home. Lend warmth on a cold night. Guard against the darkness. They are the cats of the Starlight Taverns.

Well hello there! Nice of you to join me. You have been sleeping, but it is time for you to wake up. Wander out the door to enjoy the nice evening. Perhaps do some stargazing or enjoy a nice moonlit walk on the tavern grounds. Don't mind the cats!

Flatsale

Out through the tavern doors you can see a hill from which you have a great view of the night sky.  Feeling no sense of urgency, you hike over to gaze at the rising moon and perhaps catch a falling star fly by.

Rules:

• To claim, post their constellation in Bold and send payment
  • Pick only one for now, please!

A nearby rustling catches your attention. Turning to observe the bramble, you spot a tail flickering out of view. A second later a resounding meow carries over on the wind. It sounds like someone wants to play! Do you investigate?

Post "I investigate the bramble" in Bold Teal to start. This is a light RP style event, where only two people will get cats, but there are some items included in the end.

Bunny-Bunny-Cat!
Turning away from the bramble patch, you head towards a clearing where 12 cats are gathered. They make an odd sight - they've arranged themselves loosely in a circle while one prowls about. Every so often the moving cat will bat at one sitting down and they'll chase each other around for a bit before one of them sits back down in the circle.

This is a prototype of Duck-Duck-Goose. I need 12 people to sign up, otherwise I can't start this. Once you sign up, this will go in rounds. Each person will pick a number when they sign up to match the cats up above. The person who gets the Common cat(1) starts off first. They then post "Bunny... Bunny... (Username)'s a Cat!" They will then roll for the number of cats still in. Whoever gets closest to the number of the cat gets to keep it. The person remaining gets the Common cat and the process starts all over again. If there is a tie, the two users re-roll. Whoever is left with the Common cat keeps her.

tl;dr 12 people sign up, a person posts a thing, you roll a dice, you either get the cat or post another thing.

To sign up, post something along the lines of "Spot __, please!" in a color that is not teal.

Players:
2. Lectral
3. Rosewood
5. Aralie
6. Ember
7. Victoria
8. Riverwind
9. Rayne
10. Wildfilly
12. skysnolimit

Hello, again! Hopefully you had fun tonight. If you'd like to buy some items the shop should be restocked. Remember that the Essence of Life can be used through the website like a Quinsta breeding ticket.

Aralie

Triangulum
Might be missing it but how much is the flatsale?

I investigate the bramble

Spot 5, please!

SkySong

I forgot to put them up before I went to bed last night - each kitty is 10k. I'll go ahead and just set them to bid in a sec.

Aralie: The bramble stands before you and there's rustling coming from the left, straight forward, and the right. Which direction do you head?
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Lectral

Andromeda

Spot #2 please!

Riverwind

Vulpecula

Spot #8 please!

SkySong

Lectral: The bramble stands before you and there's rustling coming from the left, straight forward, and the right. Which direction do you head?

Riverwind: The bramble stands before you and there's rustling coming from the left, straight forward, and the right. Which direction do you head?

Aralie

Looking in back and forth between the rustling noises I decide to head to the right

Starlight Tavern

Aralie: Heading to the right, you spot two sets of paw prints of indeterminable age. One leads slightly to the left, one veering towards the right. The rustling seems to have stopped. Do you follow either track of paw prints or turn back?

Aralie

Intrigued by the paw prints I decide to follow the ones that veer to the right

Riverwind

Taking a moment to decide which way to go, I eventually decide to keep going straight

SkySong

Aralie: The paw prints lead you to an old Teartree. You must be getting close to the lake, but you're near the end of the bramble. Turning around to face the bramble, you spot amber eyes peering out at you before they disappear. Do you investigate where the eyes were or continue down towards the lake?

Riverwind: Heading straight, it isn't long until you spot a squirrel in front of you. It looks like that's what was causing all the noise. It seems to be picking at a trail of... Nuts? They are scattered in a haphazard manner, but you can definitely make out a line. Do you follow the trail or investigate the occasional rustles still coming from either side?

Victoria

musca

i investigate the bramble

spot 7, please!

SkySong

Victoria: The bramble stands before you and there's rustling coming from the left, straight forward, and the right. Which direction do you head?

skysnolimit

skysnolimit

Capricornus

Great to see you around!!!

Aralie

I head to investigate where I saw the eyes

Starlight Tavern

It's great to be around!! How have you been?

Aralie: You spend some time investigating the bramble, but it doesn't seem like the cat wants to play anymore. Just as you are about to give up, however, you hear a meow right behind you. There's the cat, sitting rather smugly! It seems happy you found it.

Yay, you found the tabby kitty. I'll move her over in a sec.

Riverwind

I decide to head back and investigate the rustles that I first heard coming from the left

Ember

Phoenix

Spot 6, please!

Starlight Tavern

Riverwind: You are on your way to the left side, when you nearly step in an Essence of Life. Do you take it or leave it?

Ember: The bramble stands before you and there's rustling coming from the left, straight forward, and the right. Which direction do you head?

These are fairly short, btw. Only three different places to make a choice. There's only so much you can do in a bramble patch, after all.

Riverwind

I take the Esscence of Life and head to the right

Lectral

I follow the rustling straight ahead

Victoria

Rayne

Aralie

Ember

SkySong

Riverwind: You spend some more time investigating the bramble in hopes of finding the cat, but it seems you've wandered off in the wrong direction. At least you found something, right?

Lectral:Heading straight, it isn't long until you spot a squirrel in front of you. It looks like that's what was causing all the noise. It seems to be picking at a trail of... Nuts? They are scattered in a haphazard manner, but you can definitely make out a line. Do you follow the trail or investigate the occasional rustles still coming from either side?

Victoria: Heading left, you find a small little creek that makes hardly any noise. Alongside it grow a few Feather Dusters. Do you follow the creek up hill or down hill or do you cross over and continue going left?

Lectral

SkySong

Lectral: Following the trail, it isn't long before it ends in a pile of nuts, which seem to have come from the tree they sit under. It has low hanging branches with plenty of foliage, perfect for hiding in. It almost seems as if it's... a squirrel lure. Do you investigate around for the builder of this simple lure or do you head back towards the center of the bramble?

SkySong

Welp it's getting quiet again, so whoever pops in can help out with a franken or two. We'll follow this form:

Breed: Bunny - Riverwind
Base: Orange - Lectral
Dilute: None - Rayne
Tortishell: None - Riverwind
Tabby: Classic - Riverwind
Shaded: None - Rayne
White: Minimal - Riverwind

You may pick as often as every other. Whenever I get the chance to update the form, I will edit this post, but if it makes sense to you guys then feel free to post the next line for the franken.

Riverwind

Lectral

Orange

I'll look around for the builder

Probably a silly choice, but now my curiosity is up >.>

Riverwind

Riverwind

Riverwind

SkySong

That went quick! I'll get her colored up in a bit. How about we do a slow franken - I'll collect the forms on Sunday. I'll probably start up another round of quick franken once I get the first one colored and in the system.

Breed: (Common or Bunny)
Base: (Black, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Orange)
Dilute: (None, Some, Lots)
Tortishell: (Yes or No)
  if yes, what kind: (Patched, Drizzled, Speckled, Clouded or some combination. See the agency homepage for examples)
Tabby: (None, Modified, Yes)
  if not none, what kind: (Ticked, Mackerel, Classic, Spotted)
Shaded: (None, Smoked, Shaded, Tipped)
  if not none, Golden: (Yes or No)
  if not none, Reversed: (Yes or No)
White: (Minimal, Intermediate, Extreme. Feel free to be more specific)

SkySong

Lectral: There doesn't seem to be anything on the ground around the tree that would hint to the builder, and you look up in frustration. Blue eyes look back, and they seem rather annoyed. After a moment they disappear and a Siamese cat jumps down to sit in front of the pile of nuts. Looks like you disturbed her hunting!

A silly cat for an equally silly choice. Congrats on finding the other cat!

Lectral

O.o  That was unexpected!  Thank you :)

Starlight Tavern

You're welcome! She's moved over for you.

If anyone wants to continue the Catch-the-Cat event, they're welcome to, although the only things that are left are items.

And here's the first franken!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d9 : 9, total 9[/blockquote]

Rosewood

Wildfilly94

Lectral

Slow Franken

Breed: Bunny
Base: Cinnamon
Dilute: None
Tortishell: Yes
  if yes, what kind: Clouded
Tabby: Classic
Shaded: None
White: Minimal (small socks on front feet)

Riverwind

Breed: Bunny
Base: Black
Dilute: None
Tortishell: No
Tabby: Spotted
Shaded: None
White: None

Victoria

Breed:  Bunny
Base: Black
Dilute:  Some