News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Pecora} What is this???

Started by toffeeca, May 01, 2011, 01:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toffeeca

Hey all, I'm sorry that Pecora have been very absent lately. School has been busy, work has been busy, life has been busy. BUT... we are back, and we come bearing gifts! Thats right, we have new things for you all to enjoy.

Please let me grab three posts!

toffeeca

Well, the wonderful Art Foxx on PI drew us a new species of Pecora. Here is the first one

I hope everyone is as thrilled with them as I am.

Our first event for the new species is to come up with a name for them, and a name for the old Pecora. Since Pecora is the shop name, we will need one species name for the deer pecora and one species name for the goat pecora. As a hint to what I like, the name Pecora came from the infraorder for the Ruminantia. There will be one custom (of either species) for each winning species name, for a total of two customs.

Simple post here with the species name you come up with, you can enter two species names for each species

Ends: May 4, 00:00

Suggestions:
Deer-
Cervo - Victoria
Peca (or Pecas?)- Neo

Goat-
Capra - Victoria
Caras or the Coras- Neo

toffeeca

Toffeeca LOVES making custom my little ponies, but she is stuck right now. So I need your help to design a custom. I have a white unicorn base and lots of purple and blue hair (I also have browns, blondes, black, white, oranges, and greens XD) The first person to post a custom idea that really speaks to me will win this vampire-bat winged boyo!

toffeeca

I want to work to make everyone as happy as possible and try and get some new followers to join us, so we are going to have a little survey to find out what it is you guys want to see.

You can either post here or PM me the filled out survey if you want some privacy in your answers.

What do you think of the new species?
What do you want to see happen next (breeding season, customs, games, etc)?
Is there anything you would like to see changed?
Any other comments?

Everyone who enters will win a premade pecora of the new species!

Victoria

How about for the names for the original: Cervo meaning deer in Italian and the goat one: Capra meaning goat in Italian! And the pony should be all white with the purple and blue hair and have purple and blue flowers on it going up the back legs and to the torso.

toffeeca

Thank you for the suggestions Victoria! I have also added a survey to find out what people want to see and everyone who fills out a survey gets a premade!

Neocridders

Ideas:
The old Pecora can be called the Peca (or Pecas?)
The newer Pecora can be called the Caras or the Coras?
:) And I don't know. I think it would be fun to just have combos of the letters of the original species name in any newer species names.

Victoria

What do you think of the new species? It looks great but I think they need more shading and highlights. I prefer the older ones over the new version even when they are both awesome!
What do you want to see happen next (breeding season, customs, games, etc)? CYO and Customs
Is there anything you would like to see changed? Nope.
Any other comments? Nope.

Rosewood

What do you think of the new species? I love them! So adroable. :) *snuggle luffs*
What do you want to see happen next (breeding season, customs, games, etc)? I would like to see a small CYO event and maybe some games. I would also love to see a small breeding season. :)
Is there anything you would like to see changed? Nope.
Any other comments? Just lots of love. XD

Kadana Sorano

• What do you think of the new species?
It's OK I guess.  I dunno, I've come back to the thread several times now and looked at them, but I'm just having trouble warming to them.  Maybe I will after a while, dunno.

• What do you want to see happen next (breeding season, customs, games, etc)?
Games, frankens, customs.. but not normal customs.  I'd really love to see some inspiration type customs.  Where you let us give you a word, phrase, picture etc and then you color the Pecora however the word or such inspired you to.  I really love these types of customs.

• Is there anything you would like to see changed?
Hrm.. in the old Pecora? no.  In the new Pecora?  erm.. not sure really, not sure why I don;t like them so much, so can't really say :S

• Any other comments?
Yes, what is the infraorder for the Ruminantia? *clueless*
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

BabyKittenCandy

For the originals: Maral's which actually means Deer in Armenian

For the new species: Ibex

Im not sure what Gen base you have for the custom, but if its a G3, I would suggest doing a Reproduction Glory with it :)

They look more wooden pose wise, not as natural as the deer but the art is fantastic!

Since I have no pecora, I guess give aways or customs (least customs im guaranteed if I can snag a slot)

Im new to Pecora, so I dont feel I can comment here

Any other comments?

Will you be finishing up the thread you did a while back where you were doing Pecora based on answers to Disney like questions?

PonyMama

~ having same issue as Kadana.  I have looked at them several times, but something is just not grabbing me, I think it has to do with shading

~ Games, like franken

~ Both species should have similar shading, that I know bugs me, and it does look like the new breed has no shading, highlights or life to them

Any other comments?
~ I am glad there is a new breed, but yeah just having some issues with it, and that is hard when getting a different artist to draw different breeds

kunaisa

I think their awsome.. I really like them!!

What do you want to see happen next (breeding season, customs, games, etc)? I would like to see more games, customs flatsales etc. so people can get some new ones so then later we can have a breeding season.

well the eyes on the new pecora look less cute and stuff from the old ones

Any other comments?
none :)

toffeeca

I'm sorry for just disappearing on everyone. My life has been incredibly hectic recently. I have finals this coming week and the week after. I helping around the house since my sister has been doing lots of senior stuff and getting ready for graduation. Plus she was just diagnosed with Epilepsy, so she has been having to go and get lots of tests done. One of my dogs has ulcers in her eyes, so I have been having to take her to get those taken care of. Plus I'm working Monday-Friday 10-12 hours a day. And on top of all of that I am getting ready to move from California to Kansas. So I don't have much time to do any coloring or anything with Pecora right now. I'm really sorry for everything.

Once I get settled down in Kansas (since I am moving in less than a month) I will finish up everything owed from this thread and the Disney semi custom thread. I also want to try and mess with the shading/highlights on the new species. I will probably not really be around until the end of June. I have a ton of stuff I have to get settled once I get to Kansas, but if there is anything that anyone needs me for or if you just want to talk (just don't expect quick replies unless it is urgent) then I check my PMs all the time and anytime I get a PM I am also emailed, so I will get back to you that way as soon as possible.