News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Gene Pool- non-owner games!

Started by Gene Pool, January 28, 2010, 03:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Pool

Welcome to the Gene Pool. Please dont drink the water!

The Gene Pool is a highly genetic adoptable. Before you begin, you may wish to research genetics, you can start with a google search on the Punnett Squares. Or, feel free to skip the science lessons and jump right into the event and see what happens!

Please check out our gallery for owner's folders.

Genetic traits won't be available for viewing until such times as someone successfully breeds a mutation into thier fish!

To start things off, Im looking for a few brave souls. You see, we have no idea what to expect. Our silly scientists were experimenting with genetics on fish. Someone accidently let a monkey loose in the lab (dont worry, he was a pet, not an experiment!) and it went crazy breaking things.

We ended up with a giant vat of bubbling rainbow chemicals. Brave souls came with nets and captured the fish within, which the scientists took samples from before sending them to live with the ones who caught them.

The scientists have discovered a batch of fish who had escaped down a drain pipe! They have managed to close off the area and isolate the fish. They need people to go in and gather them up!

Please note, these are "starter" fish. There will only ever be 100 starter fish in existance, and you may only aquire 1 per person, unless someone is willing to trade thiers away.

To play, simply make a quick post describing yourself sliding down the drain pipe and into the pool to get your fish!

Eggs don't count in this non-owner event. Having an egg does't disqualify you.

lineart credit and body shading: Javen on PI. fin shading: me
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

SplitX

"Banzai!" I yell as I grip my net tightly. I jump down the drain, head first, sliding on my back. With a splash, I land head-first into the water below. Yuck!
I stand up and look about, net held tightly, with a rather mischevious grin on my face, "Heeeere fishy, fishy, fishy!"

Hope that's okay? xD

Silvanon

Well, I have an eggy now (yay!), so I probably don't qualify, but for just in case (because a starter fishie would be awesome) and also because it's a fun writing assignment anyways:

I look down the drain pipe.  Ooooo dear, not some place I'd normally go.  But, there are poor little fish down there needing rescue!  I pull out my handy-dandy has-some-of-everything purse and search around in it until I find a swimming cap, which I quickly use to hide away my hair, and then I gingerly enter the pipe.  At first I am able to keep a controlled decent, but then I hit a slippery patch, and the rest of the pipe goes by in a rush.  Splash!  I land in the pool.
[/i]

Gene Pool

Eggs don't count in this non-owner event. Having an egg does't disqualify you.

SplitX, as you wave a net around calling to the fish, you don't notice the tops of your boots have moved in your descent. Taking a wrong step, you feel water and muck rushing into your boots, and something wriggling by your toes!

Silvanon, as you slide down the slick part, your hand brushes over something. It seems one of the male fish didn't make it all the way down the drain to the water! Realizing this could be a disaster for the fish, you snag him up and put him in water and take him home.

IvySpring

My nose wrinkles as I wade through the grime and the much looking around for any signs of movement in the water below. Scanning left and right, I hold my net out, waiting to nab up the unsuspecting fishies below. I want a fishy friend! I think to myself, hoping I find one :]

Venus and Zephyr

SplitX

Oh no! I can't see my fishie! Curse ths school network. >____>;
Male or female? What's it look like? xDDD I'm sooo excited~!

YourLoveOnly

@Splitty: it's a male, brown body and green fins ^^

SplitX

Ooh thanks! I can't waaaait to get home. <3

Gene Pool

he is a male, brown eyes and body, green fins.

IvySpring, you manage to make your way into the drain without getting too messy. When you get there, you even find a dry spot to stand as you watch for your new friend. What you don't know, is there is a naughty bullfrog right behind you. As you concentrate on the water, he lets out a loud croak, startling you. You jump, slip, and land in the muck. At least you managed to net a fish!

SplitX

red_uni387

If anyone wants to trade their fishie, please let me know <3

IvySpring

Oooo yay!!! *jumps around*

*Edit* Can I name her Sunset please? :]

Venus and Zephyr

Solistia

Muck was definitely not my thing. I had come to see the cute fish being experimented on, and somehow wound up with a net in my hands, wading through some rainbow colored god-knows-what, trying to capture one of the escaped creatures. I don't quite know what I was thinking when I took the plunge down the drain pipe, perhaps I was just caught up in the heat of the moment. Regardless of anything, now here I stood, looking for any movement to catch my eye. I took each step slowly, always testing the ground before I put my weight on it, to make sure I wouldn't go deeper into the murky chemicals than I already had. Each time I thought I saw something move, I jerked the net on pure natural reaction....unfortunately that natural reaction had yet to actual yield any captures. All I could do was hope I'd snag at  least one, and that after this was over, that someday this horrid smell would leave my nose.

((excited for cute fishies!! X3)

Silvanon

Oh my poor fishie!  I'm so glad I got to rescue him!!  (YAY!  Thank you!)   I think I'd like to name him Jade please.

Gene Pool

I promise I have not forgotten this thread. I am trying to square away the lost information from the breeding thead first. Everything from here will be resolved within the next couple of hours.

Solista, you swing your net instinctively at motion each time you see a ripple. After around 10 swings you begin to get frustrated. Sitting on a bucket to take a break, you set your net on the ground at your feet. It's only then you notice, there is a fish stuck in it! It was so small, you didn't see it.

SplitX

What another handsome fishie! <3<3<3
I'll name mine... Choko. xD

red_uni387

Solistia

Eee, he's so pretty, I love his bright colors X3~<3

If I can, I'd like to name him "Roshan" =D

Gene Pool

Public service announcement:
The first person who breeds a fish that shows a mutation gets to name that mutation.

In the cases where more than 1 person was involved in the breeding, (or the fish was donated) the person who actually gets the fish is the one who gets to name the mutation. This is in the name of science!

Goddesss

I jumped down the pipe and started to slide very fast.  Trying to slow myself down I managed to drop my net and it sunk down to the bottom before I could grab it.  Now here I am waist deep in who knows what and I have no net to catch these fishies tickling my feet.

Gene Pool

Goddesss stands around for days, wondering where all the fish are. Finally prepared to give up, she goes home. Sitting on her table is a small pastic bag, tied on the top. Something is moving inside of it.