News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Gene Pool- first spawning, take 2!

Started by Gene Pool, January 28, 2010, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Pool

Public Service Announcement- Gene Pool breeding will be closing on Feb. 5th. At that time, eggs that were donated to science will be homed with events. Once they find a home, your eggs will begin to hatch.

Notice: I have seen some people already posting trade threads. I won't complain about nobody waiting to see how trading works, because it shows interest, and that is a good thing for me. However, I do need to post my rules on trading:
I will require that any individual fish wait until all breedings it is involved in are finalized before it can be traded. That is currently my only restriction. As they are not certed, they have no rehome fee.

There was a mistake by someone with a mod-hammer, the first thread was deleted. There is no undo, so, we need to start over. I'm so sorry! I have a couple of pending transactions that I dont know which fish was meant to mate with which other fish. Please repost if you haven't recieved your eggs.

If you do have your eggs, or I have your form in the huge quote post (which means it was on 2nd page and recoverable) you don't need to do anything.

Again, very sorry about that! It wasn't me, and we aren't in trouble  :o

This time, please note on the breeding form if an egg is being donated to science!

5K for female blotter, 1K for male, males can breed 3 times per season, females once.
form:
Female ID or name:
Female Owner:
Who pays for female?:
Male ID or name:
Male Owner:
Who pays for male?:
Where do eggs go (3):
This is DizzyFishClick DizzyFish for website!

red_uni387

eep! and no redo button either? :(

(back on topic)
did anyone have a female still free for use? (looking for a mate for ryuu's fishie, we'd all get one egg and I'd pay all the fees)

Silvanon

*raises hand and admits it*  It was me, the remove topic button is down there rather close to the reply button, and I hit the wrong one.  I've been all over the database and the thread is completely gone.  I'm so so sorry for the trouble everyone!

SplitX

Aww poor Silv! -snugs- <3<3 And poor Gene Pool! X3

red_uni387

*squishes Silv* perhaps move that button to the other side? (not sure how difficult that would be to code though)

Silvanon

*nods* going to see what I can do about it, if nothing else, maybe rename it to something that stands out more as deleting the thread.  ^^

Ravvana

If we've already received our eggs, do we need to repost anything? :)

red_uni387

bold red font would definately help :)

oh can the link to the owner's gallery be included in the first post please, Gene Pool? <3

Ryuukokoro

Question: does the coloring/pattern on the egg indicate anything about the fish?

SplitX

Or maybe make it confirm before you delete it? n___n <3

I can't wait to see my eggy. These adoptables are so cute.

Gene Pool

Horray for back buttons. I'm going to attempt to save everything that was on the 2nd page of the old thread and paste it here. Cutting out any conversation that led up to a breeding that was posted, since that is redundant now.

QuoteTheLeet:
I have a boy who would like to breed too
QuoteYruvian:
I have this girl that wouldn't mind mating, if she can find a male interested in her:
QuoteSpixy:
Yruvian; I'd love to use your female. You can get the two eggs and I'll get one? =)
I'll pay the male fee, I can pay the female fee to if I can keep two eggs?  
QuoteTheLeet:
@Yruvian: my boy is interested, too. I think their colours would go quite nicely
I'd pay the male fee if I get to keep 1 egg <3
QuoteSweetCaroline
To buy a blotter and breed, please post this form:
Male ID or name: Quincey
Male owner: SweetCaroline
Who's paying for male? SweetCaroline
Female ID or name:  008
Female owner: YourLoveOnly
Who's paying for female? YourLoveOnly
3 eggs, who gets how many? 2 for YourLoveOnly & 1 for SweetCaroline
QuoteScullisto:
To buy a blotter and breed, please post this form:
Male ID or name: 034
Male owner: SplitX
Who's paying for male? Scullisto
Female ID or name:  010 or Miss Feesh
Female owner: Scullisto
Who's paying for female? Scullisto
3 eggs, who gets how many? 2 eggs Scullisto, 1 egg SplitX
QuoteYruvian:
Male ID or name: Toxic Waste
Male owner: Spixy
Who's paying for male? Spixy
Female ID or name: 003 (Radiant)
Female owner: yruvian
Who's paying for female? yruvian
3 eggs, who gets how many? Spixy: one, yruvian: two
QuoteRyuukokoro:
Whooo eggs! Holy cow those eggs are bigger than the fish themselves! XD
Quotesera:
They are and yet they look awesome. hehe  We have swirly eggs, Ryuu!
QuoteSplitX:
Bigger eggs for more foods for them to have & grow on! n_n :3 Big babehs.
QuoteTheLeet:
Male ID or name: 013
Male owner: TheLeet
Who's paying for male? TheLeet
Female ID or name: 056
Female owner: IvySpring
Who's paying for female? TheLeet
3 eggs, who gets how many? 1 egg for IvySpring and 2 for TheLeet please
Quotered_uni387:
does anyone have a female fishie still open for breeding?
(waiting on response from someone else I PMed, finding a fishie mate for ryuu's right now <3)
QuoteTheLeet:
@Yruvian: It's ok, you don't need to reserve her next breeding for me. I've found another female now and right now I'm not planning any further ahead than this breeding XD
Thanks, though
Quotequyllur:
Ahh, so busy in here!  Is there any unclaimed females for my poor little boy?
QuoteRosewood:
Male ID or name: 024
Male owner: Conroy
Who's paying for male? Conroy
Female ID or name: 022
Female owner: Rosewood
Who's paying for female? Rosewood
3 eggs, who gets how many? Conroy gets 1, I get one,and one Donated.
QuoteSilvanon:
So, I'm puzzeling over the genes, and I have a question - is PonyMama's egg #105 missing a number in the first line (I think in the first set before the ^)?  Or is that definitely the correct code?
QuoteME!:
wakes up, rubs eyes, blinks twice Wow, the thread asplode when I went to bed!

every gene code should have the same amount of parts. The format should be
6^4^7
6(+-0)^6(+-0)^6(+-0)

Gallery is being a tiny bit snotty with me right now. I'm trying to update keywords, so that you can still search every starter once they are named. It is quite possible I missed a digit or added too many, I've already caught a few mistakes I've made. Will look once Gallery stops telling me my pages don't exist!

eta: 2 eggs donated to science, yay! It will be up to the owners of those eggs, if they choose to share whatever hints they pick up from that. Kadana, which egg would you like to donate? They have ID numbers with them.

Gene Pool

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on January 28, 2010, 04:53:27 PM
Question: does the coloring/pattern on the egg indicate anything about the fish?

It does show the colors. There are body, fin, and eye colors geneticly shown on the egg. The patterns are just for fun.

red_uni387, owners folders link is back in top post now.

TheLeet

I'm glad you managed to retrieve the info from the thread. I take it that means I won't have to post the form again?

red_uni387

wow lots of posts o.o

and thanks! *runs off to stare at feesh*

Lectral

Out of curiosity... do we know how long it takes the eggs to hatch?

Gene Pool

@TheLeet, If your post was recovered, there is no need to repost.

I believe there was 1 item on the first page lost, I'm not certain if it was a breeding form or a naming, I just seem to recall a to-do on the first page.

@Lectral, I haven't decided. I color the adults and eggs at the same time, so the hexes on the eggs are a true match. I'm considering making them hatch in 1 week, or sooner if the workload allows it. I want them to be eggs long enough that people get excited for them to hatch.

Lectral

Ahhh, okay :D

I don't think you'd really have to wait a week for people to be excited about the hatchings though XD

*watches egg carefully*

SweetCaroline

I bred Quincey with kadana's girl. Was told the eggs are in so letting you know I didn't get mine yet.
Also put up form to breed with YourLoveOnly's 008. She had posted after me that she acepted the breeding, but I don't see her post now. Any way you might have overlooked it in all the confusion?
~SC~

Kadana Sorano

your egg is in your owners folder.  It was posted on the original thread, but now, you can see it in your folder.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Gene Pool

@SweetCaroline, all finished eggs are in thier owners folders. Any breeding I re-posted in the quotes I also saw te confirmation to, just didn't post those because we have enough up there already.

For anyone keeping track, I just rolled up the genes for 5 breedings (15 eggs) and it took me 45 minutes! That is before I ever open GIMP.

red_uni387

Gene Pool

Using this post as a pickups post, as I forgot to reserve one in this thread. Anything already shown in pickups before the last thread was lost can be found in your owner's folders, link in first thread.

Conroy: ID 113

Rosewood: ID 114

Conroy

Female ID or name:038
Female Owner:Riverwind
Who pays for female?:Kadana
Male ID or name:024
Male Owner:Conroy
Who pays for male?:Conroy
Where do eggs go (3):One to me one to Riverwind and one to science donations.

Gene Pool

For the record, Riverwind has permission for proxy from family members, as she is not 13 and cannot sign up on Secundi yet. I did check with MODs, they said it is up to adoptable runners to accept or deny proxys. Posting this in case anyone had any concerns about the above breeding with Conroy/Riverwind.

red_uni387

Female ID or name: Elpam
Female Owner: Okami
Who pays for female?: red_uni387
Male ID or name: 12
Male Owner: Ryuukokoro
Who pays for male?: red_uni387
Where do eggs go (3): 1 to Ryuu, 1 to Okami, 1 to red_uni

*cackles* weird color pairing xD 6k coming <3

Okami

I give permission for Red Uni to breed my fish with Ryuu :3

EDIT: Ryuu's fish, that is xD

Gene Pool

I seem to have mislaced Ryuukokoro's permission for that breeding, unless she hasn't posted it yet?

I very much doubt she would give permission for the fish to be bred to her. heh

Gene Pool

YourLoveOnly- ID 116

SweetCaroline- ID 117

YourLoveOnly- ID 118

red_uni387

she said on the last thread at I could use her fishie's 2nd breeding :) I'm not sure which page, but I know it was shortly after I asked if anyone would let me borrow their fishies

or I can just ask her to post again ^^

Gene Pool

I think I remember that. She's not online to confirm, so I won't ask you to wait. Adding it to the list.

SplitX

Ryuukokoro

reposting permission. ^_^ Use of Casanova, my green male, in exchange for one egg.

red_uni387

yay! :D can't wait to see what that pairing results in lol

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Okami on January 28, 2010, 08:53:05 PM
I give permission for Red Uni to breed my fish with Ryuu :3

*thoughts of half-dragon half-human half-fishie babies bursts into Ryuu's brain* @_@;;;

Gene Pool

Man, the coloring and posting part is currently so much faster then the code-sorting part. Silvanon has promised a code to help me with that in the future. So, we can't be upset with her for deleting the first thread, ok everyone? ;D

SplitX

I'm not upset at all, myself. X3 <3 I would've done that myself by accident! Hehehe~.

red_uni387

*nodnod* If it was done on purpose I'd be upset, but it was just an accident so is okay ^^

yay code master Silv! :D

Gene Pool

Scullisto- ID 119

SpitX- ID 120

Scullisto- ID 121

red_uni387

Gene Pool

Huge thank you to Silvanon for providing a script that significantly reduces the time it takes to determine your breeding outcomes! If you would like to see it, click here

Yruvian- ID 122

Spixy- ID 123

Yruvian- ID 124

red_uni387

that egg is amazing <3

and wow the code is great! *runs to test*

edit: just noticed this o.o
QuoteI won't complain about nobody waiting to see how trading works, because it shows interest, and that is a good thing for me.
I'm really sorry I didn't wait...I got a bit too excited with breeding opening and when you said the only way to get another starter is to trade Dx

Gene Pool

Don't worry about it red_uni387. It won't cause any problems. I simply needed to state that one rule. Without it, breeding and trading at the same time could cause some confusion.

red_uni387

you can just call me red ^^
and yes that would cause a mess..... D:

edit: oh and I've been staring at the gallery since you started coloring, and occasionally an error page comes up. is this due to my constant refreshing or should that not happen at all? xD

Gene Pool

The error most likely is happening if I've uploaded something new, or upload something at the same time you are navigating somewhere.

TheLeet- ID 125

IvySpring- ID 126

TheLeet- ID 127

IvySpring

*gawks at the pretty eggs*

So, probably a stupid question, but if we don't donate our eggs to science, do we not find out anything about the new babies? and if so, how do we figure out anything about our Fish genetics, etc?

Venus and Zephyr

Gene Pool

If you didnt donate anything to science, you have to try to break the code by comparing with other eggs. Or, read up on the compilation of codes people are sharing in the breeding forum. Eventually, there will be enough fish out there that breaking the code will be possible without any hints. They just make it faster and easier.

Conroy- ID 128

Riverwind- ID 129

Solistia

Hooray, I'm very excited for my starter Fishy X3~<3 And all this detail to genetics is very interesting =D

Are there any brightly colored females left out there who'd like to breed with my beautiful boy? :3

Gene Pool

Last breeding I'm going to put in tonight. Feel free to still post forms, just be aware I'm not going to get them colored until most likely Saturday.

Ryuukokoro- ID 131

Okami- ID 132

red_uni387- ID 133

red_uni387

*wiggles* eeeee our crazy breeding!! :D

edit: yay they're all so cute! <3 thank you!!

Gene Pool

Public service announcement:
The first person who breeds a fish that shows a mutation gets to name that mutation.

In the cases where more than 1 person was involved in the breeding, (or the fish was donated) the person who actually gets the fish is the one who gets to name the mutation. This is in the name of science!

And now, I'm off for the night. Enjoy poking your eggies, you never know when they will hatch.