News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Kohaku's Home!! ^____^

Started by Ryuukokoro, March 16, 2010, 12:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember

I'm so glad to hear he's back home and well. ^^ Fingers crossed nothing like this happens again!

PonyMama

I am glad to hear Ryuu, I know it was a finalcial and emotional blow, but he is home and seems to be fine so a small sigh of relief and hope it never has to happen again

Ryuukokoro

Pictures!!!

Mango wants to know why Kohaku is getting all the attention with the camera. XD

Ravvana

He is adorable :D I love the black around his nose <3

Poupou

He looks SO happy to be home with you.  So cute!  :D

PonyMama

He is stunning and looks very happy to be home

springacres

Oh, I'm so glad he's safely home!  Did the vet tell you what was wrong with him?

Ryuukokoro

Not really.... -_- I am so not thrilled with that vet. I won't be going back to him.

X-rays were negative, which means no kidney stones. Blood tests didn't reveal anything abnormal. When they put in the catheter, his urine had blood in it, which was why they put him on the antibiotics (which I'm giving him for the next week).

The vet warned me over the phone that if it happens again, Kohaku will need surgery to remove the tip of his... er anatomy (can I say penis on Secundi? >.> ) and the operation will cost at least $500. -_-

But I will get a second opinion elsewhere if he starts having trouble using the bathroom again. And I'm looking up good food for him and things do to keep this from happening again.

PonyMama

you can try and get a vet prescribed food that might be ok, but that woudl require a vet visit, but hopefully with a differnt vet
My cat had an issue with hairballs and throwing up his food, for the longest time, it took a couple vet visits before we had to get prescribed food.  it costs a lot more but he tends to eat less.

Tribe

So glad to here you babys back, though i must say your animal luck must have passed to me because im having problems of my own..just lovely one. I wont hijack you thread though *runs off to post*

red_uni387

awwww he's so cute! *sends virtual hugs* it must be nice to have him back, especially after being held for ransom and being charged for room fees >.<

hope you get the rest of the money for his vet bill soon <3

Goddesss

you have 2 very pretty kitties.

Sounds like he had a urinary or kidney infection.  I know that there is a food made for indoor cats that help them from getting urinary problems.  It happens more in males then females. =)  So if you cant afford a really exspensive food I know they seel that at walmart in one of the mid range brands.

TheLeet

Aww, I'm glad to see that you got him back ^_^
Must be irritating to not know what exactly was wrong after having spent all that money. I'd definitely try to go with a different vet the next time. :(

springacres

I wouldn't go back to that vet either.  The only two vets I've ever used, our regular vet and the emergency vet, have both made it clear to me what they were doing and what the diagnosis was, if anything.