News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

PM's New Pets

Started by PonyMama, February 08, 2010, 09:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Oh I knwo that but even when there is that much water she avoids it.  I really do think she has a issue with water beign as she lived in it only for so long with no land

Keeper

Yeah she may just be enjoying relaxing her legs and muscles.

PonyMama

pretty much.  She is getting a lot fo moistire from the misting, the the ground holding water, so I am not too worried, and she spends plenty of time wandering around

I even dug her out a little space under the ground, between the glass and the substrate, and she crawls in there and sleeps, I will be buying ehr a hidey rock as soon as I can afford it

Keeper

yeah you have that moss stuff which looks like it would be nice and wet.

I read the newts live 30 years  :o  Good job you got them and gave them a nice tank etc for the rest of thier lives.

Aww a little cave thats cute, yes they do sound like they cost alot to get started, looks like your doing an amazing job

PonyMama

I wish I had have got all this stuff before I got them but I am dealing

PonyMama

We ended up getting a small bonus (well my hubby did) enought hat we were able to pay fof a few things and buy the second tank and all the stuff to go with it, so as soon as I find a spot for it I will set it up and then split them up.  Not too sure how the newt will like being away from her hidey spot, but I will make her a new one if I have to.

Keeper

ooh cant wait to see pics xx

PonyMama

Got them set up now, the toad is not likign the moving of her entire tank wiht her in it.  I will be buying a plant that looks exactly liek the one in the newt tank for the toad as well then they will be done.  I will be tearign down the tank for the toad and giving her new flooring when I get the new plant, thus getting rid of any extra newt toxins.

So yeah will take pics here and post them when I upload

Keeper

sounds great, your doing a brilliant job. They will be gratefull in the end XD

PonyMama

Newt's New Home
Deeper water dish, and lots of shade under new plant, and I even dug out a hole for her to hide in in the same spot in ths tank that I had for her in the other one.

Toad's Home
Shallow water hole , a little shade (will get a new plant) a Rick to climb on that also serves as shelter, and a heat lamp as well.

Both of them side by side on the bookshelf that houses moviesn and games.  Right now the cords to what used to be a desk lamp but now house the heat lamp are all over the place but this is how it goes for now.

and apparently the pictures of my daughter in the background as well as one of the airbrushed pictures that my hubby has done for me.

Keeper

aww they look great, that is one crazy pic on the wall lol i love it. xx