News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quinsta ~ First project!!! Eeeeee!!!!

Started by Rosewood, August 24, 2013, 09:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosewood

Ok, so, I have no knowledge what so ever about horse genes, but I just HAD to try for a project. I decide to try to get appaloosa, any appaloosa, into Fjords. And I did!!! I knew that most of my Goldie Locks offspring had some kind of appaloosa gene, and decided to use her to start, and I guess i choose right, because it worked.

Quote8468. Fjord M Dun Palomino Leopard Appaloosa, front left Sock, back right Stocking, back left Coronet, Star (Calm and steady)
Doesn't he just sound nummy? I can't wait to see him!

Kahlira

Yeahhh Rose! Congrats!

I need to start my Fjord gathering all over again now. *grumbles happily* Though if he's not related to any in my herd, all of my ladies might be thrown at him next season.

Rosewood

He would be more then willing to have your gals thrown at him. ^_^ I was not expecting the project to produce so soon. But I am soo happy it did.

Ryuukokoro

Congrats, SkySong! ^_^ First breeding project complete, that's fun! I think I will have to throw my roand+tobiano girl at him next season to see what crazy results come up! >:3

SkySong

Haha, not my project that completed (Wishful thinking)

Congrats Rosewood!
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

springacres

Ryuukokoro

Pfft, sorry, I'm obviously blind! (You both have humming birds as your avatars so I think my poor brain gets confused. XD )

Congrats to Rosewood! It's a lot of time to invest in a Quin breeding project. You're looking at a minimum of four breeding seasons, which is 8 months of our time, over half a year! Just for one adoptable baby to be born. And that's only if you get the right genes to pass each time, plus if your grade throws pure on the first time, so very likely it can take longer than 8 months! Congrats on finishing such a tough project. ^_^

Rosewood

I am soo in love with him. He came out just as I had hoped. He will be up for breeding for next season, and open to any and all (preferably no inbreeding) breedings. ^_^

I think the only thing that could of made him better was a blue eye. XD

Kahlira

Ohh! He is a sexy one! I know all my first gen ladies will go his way XD Will have to check the second gens for Kori though. And yeahh!!! Kori is the daddy of him! I'm such a proud grandma right now <3

TheLeet

Ooh, I love how subtle his spots are. Congratulations! :D

Rosewood