News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Kennel - Chatter

Started by Sunchaser, September 14, 2009, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunchaser

SplitX

-is totally in school for about 20 to 30 more minutes- XDDD Then I get to drive home. -gets to leave after 7th period 'cause her 8th period is a study hall, and she's a senior-

'Grats on all of these cuties! /drool

Red, you can be greedy & keep the Saluki! I know I've been greedy. XD

-steals the golden/yellow Dachi Ryuu won- Jealous. XD

Taruia

Ok, all dog breeds have been entered into the Secundi system...that took forever O.o I am going to be removing all the test dogs I did, and at some point we will be working out a way to get some of the Old World dogs into the Secundi system, but for right now yay for all breeds, items, and such entered!

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

SplitX

Quote from: Taruia on September 14, 2009, 02:00:58 PM
Ok, all dogs have been entered into the Secundi system...that took forever O.o I am going to be removing all the test dogs I did, and at some point we will be working out a way to get some of the Old World dogs into the Secundi system, but for right now yay for all breeds, items, and such entered!

Yay Taru! XD That must've taken hard work.
So will new dogs we win/breed/trade be put in our owner's folder, or just in Secundi? :O /confused li'l blondie
XD

red_uni387

Quote from: SplitX on September 14, 2009, 12:51:01 PM
-is totally in school for about 20 to 30 more minutes- XDDD Then I get to drive home. -gets to leave after 7th period 'cause her 8th period is a study hall, and she's a senior-

'Grats on all of these cuties! /drool

Red, you can be greedy & keep the Saluki! I know I've been greedy. XD

-steals the golden/yellow Dachi Ryuu won- Jealous. XD

awww luckie! i'm still in lunch XD

is so hard to decide!! Dx

you stoled my only dachi T_T

ooo yay!! *snuggles Taru*

PonyMama

Ok, all dogs have been entered into the Secundi system...that took forever O.o I am going to be removing all the test dogs I did, and at some point we will be working out a way to get some of the Old World dogs into the Secundi system, but for right now yay for all breeds, items, and such entered!

*Lost*
Yep I am lost, still tryng to figure out Secundi so not too sure where you are entering these dogs into or anything.
Yay for being done entering the dogs Taruia, that is awesome.

Taruia

For now, until the pet pages are done, and some more things are in place your dogs will just be placed into your owner folders. Probably starting next week they will be put into Secundi and your owner folder, then after things get very open they will be only placed into Secundi. I have to talk this all out with Garney though.

Entering all the breeds means that any breed can now be entered into Secundi. We still need to work out how the certing will go, and if there will continue to be certs or not...because we want Secundi animals to be able to be traded by their owners and not involve the Kennel at all.

Taruia

And to add, dogs = dog breeds...I have not entered all the individual dogs, as only a few of the Old World ones will ever be added to the Secundi system.

SplitX

Quote from: Taruia on September 14, 2009, 02:40:42 PM
For now, until the pet pages are done, and some more things are in place your dogs will just be placed into your owner folders. Probably starting next week they will be put into Secundi and your owner folder, then after things get very open they will be only placed into Secundi. I have to talk this all out with Garney though.

Entering all the breeds means that any breed can now be entered into Secundi. We still need to work out how the certing will go, and if there will continue to be certs or not...because we want Secundi animals to be able to be traded by their owners and not involve the Kennel at all.

Oohhhh okay. n__n But will, say, Aurora (kennel dog who I got ages ago; certed) be able to breed with a strictly Secundi dog? :x Sorry if this is annoying, but I have no idea about how everything'll work. XD

PonyMama

Ok less lost now.

So with breeding, will be on Secundi only now, or will it also be on the forums? (if you guys have figured that out at all yet) 

It is all exciting, but all still very new.  So much to read and my poor eyes.  I really should get new glasses so I can see

Taruia

All dogs will be inter breedable. So if you have a Secundi dog and an old world dog you can breed them yep yep. However Old World dogs will not be able to do the competing and the battles that the Secundi creatures can.

For now breeding is being revamped by Lectral to work well on Secundi. Breeding will probably open up again once we figure out how it's gonna work here on Secundi lol.

And you guys aren't annoying, all these questions help us figure things out too!

SplitX

Quote from: Taruia on September 14, 2009, 02:56:46 PM
All dogs will be inter breedable. So if you have a Secundi dog and an old world dog you can breed them yep yep. However Old World dogs will not be able to do the competing and the battles that the Secundi creatures can.

For now breeding is being revamped by Lectral to work well on Secundi. Breeding will probably open up again once we figure out how it's gonna work here on Secundi lol.

And you guys aren't annoying, all these questions help us figure things out too!

OwO Oh no! Dx I was gonna have Aurora get to champion status. XD

Kadana Sorano

I actually like the certs.  I'll miss those if they go.  But everything else I heard, I like so far.

Except.. I'm still concerned for any kennel stalkers who are under 13 years of age.  Will they still be able, somehow, to remain active in the kennel?  As in our current kennel competitions, events, breeding etc?  Or will the majority of kennel things be on secundi now and any under 13 year olds just have to wait (years in some cases) till they are old enough to sign up?
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Taruia

For now regular comps will continue to run as well. Probably for a couple more months. We will also be having a special item you can buy to allow your Old World dogs into the Secundi system, but honestly with all this work we don't have time to run two different sets of competitions. So if you really want her to reach champion you will have to add her to the Secundi system. Some things are going to have to be sacrificed, but honestly it's better then the Kennel going away completely.

Kadana - We cannot comply with COPPA, therefore no one under the age of 13 should be on Secundi or the Kennel forums, as the Kennel forums are not COPPA compliant either. If we have evidence that someone is under the age of 13, we have to remove them from the site or we could get in SERIOUS legal trouble. Because of this, yes, some kennel stalkers will have to wait a while, or they could work through an older sibling to have a joint account. We haven't worked out all the details yet, but the under 13 Kennel stalkers are a huge minority, so we have to think about the majority of our players, and the insane demands of PI. We HAD to leave, they practically drove us off, and we have no simple way to be COPPA compliant.

SplitX

Ooh okay. I'll definitely have to add her to the Secundi System, then. n___n I'd love for her to be a Champion.
Will breeding be the same? I mean, with bonuses from competition points & use of the dice gods? :O Hehe.

Taruia

Honestly we have NO idea yet, Lectral is working on that. She is very busy with that, and so it could be a while before any answers are available. We hope that everyone can remain patient and understanding during this very difficult transition time. We are trying very hard to get things in order for you all, but it is going to take a while. We are working as fast as we can, but all of us have real life that tends to get in the way as well. So bear with us, we're working sooo hard to get things up and running.

SplitX

Sounds good to me! :3 Either way, I'm sure everything'll work out perfectly in the end.

-settles into thread- Bahaha. Dexter is curled up in a weird position next to me, snoring. Cuuute~.

Kadana Sorano

OK, you said they can work through older siblings to have a joint account.  How would we go about setting that up?  Would I just share my current account with her, or would we need to make a new one or..  Also, for the kennel dogs she allready owns, would those still be kept in a seperate folder listing her as the owner, or should they be combined with mine for instance, until she turns 13?

I'm sorry if I am being annoying, I know your busy and I don;t mean to be, but I joined, and go my sisters to join the kennel, as something to do with them.  And it's really hurtig her now that she can't be a part of it.  So I'm just trying to find a solution for her/us, that also won;t harm you guys.  As I don;t know much about COPPA, all I can do is keep asking questions/suggesting things.  So again, I'm very sorry if I'm being annoying.

If I understood you right however, and we can/need to combine our kennels, we'd be more then willing to do that.  I just need to know how to go about it.  It honestly isn;t somethig that ever occurred to me to ask about, being as when they signed up we were told our kennels couldn't interact with each others at all. 

And again, I'm sorry if I'm being a pest.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Taruia

I don't know, technically we CAN'T have ANY people under the age of 13 on our account, so you would have to work out how you did it at home with her. You would be the only one allowed to come on the site technically, the only one who could enter things, post on the board and have an account. Honestly it would be a LOT of work for both us and you. I'm very sorry about your sister, but we aren't going to take any of her kennel dogs, and when she turns 13 she is more then welcome to join our site.

I don't have any more time to discuss this topic. I have to do homework, and color dogs. As of right now your sister is the only kennel stalker to be under 13. So we can't devote a lot of time for one person when 20-30 people are waiting right now for me to color their dogs, and I have school and work.

Work it out at home how you can do things, we will cert dogs however you want, but honestly she can NOT be a part of this site until she is 13.

Ravvana

Quote from: Kadana Sorano on September 14, 2009, 03:05:20 PM
I actually like the certs.  I'll miss those if they go.  But everything else I heard, I like so far.

Yes, ditto to this.

I'm not a big fan of change, even things like new wall colors, but I figure that anything would be much better than no more Kennel at all :) I'll be interested to see how breeding/competiting/etc work on Secundi - I have over 100 dogs and a full 30 that actively compete, so my fingers are crossed for a smooth transition ;)

indigowulf

isnt coppa made with a built in bypass of "parental permission"? If there were to be a parent/guardian willing to give permission, that should be all it takes. I know video games rated M simply have a check box for parents to say its ok for younger viewers.

Just thoughts, I could be wrong.

springacres

Quote from: Ravvana on September 14, 2009, 04:08:51 PM
Quote from: Kadana Sorano on September 14, 2009, 03:05:20 PM

Yes, ditto to this.

I'm not a big fan of change, even things like new wall colors, but I figure that anything would be much better than no more Kennel at all :) I'll be interested to see how breeding/competiting/etc work on Secundi - I have over 100 dogs and a full 30 that actively compete, so my fingers are crossed for a smooth transition ;)
Me too.  I only have one dog (well, technically none till Sarea gets recerted *lol*) but I would dearly love to compete her!

Taruia

COPPA states that we have to have all kinds of things, and currently we have no way to make it so that parents can give permission, and we have no way to store it, and we have no inclination to do all that is required. This is going to be my last post on the COPPA topic, but here's a site, if you want to read it and give us a good solution then PM it to me. This is the final post in this thread on this topic.

http://www.coppa.org/#

Sunchaser

Garney

12 hours without internet *flail thrash snarl*

Sunchaser

aw poor Garney, what happened if you dont mind me asking?

YourLoveOnly

I'm guessing I might miss some games by going to bed early (yes, midnight is early for me xD), but I'm really tired. So goodnight everyone, have fun, I'll see you guys in the morning <3

Garney

No idea, called to report the outage to my provider (using a neighbor's phone since my phone is VOIP) and got a 'we're currently overloaded with calls at the moment, which suggests an outage in your area. If you would like to talk to an operator, please call back later' recorded message. Deeeelightful.

Sunchaser

wow ouch. At least its back now? or is it going in and out? I know when we had problems with our router it went out for no reason then it would come back on for about 2 minutes then go on and off till an hour or two later and finaly stabalize.

Taruia

Pinkshadow

niice but where can we seethem then ? :D
on my profile it says "no pets"

Taruia

All dog breeds, not individual dogs *goes to edit that post to reduce confusion*

Sunchaser

red_uni387

o.o too pretty to let go....*pets saluki*

Name: Dancer
Owner: red_uni387

springacres

Quote from: Garney on September 14, 2009, 05:14:24 PM
No idea, called to report the outage to my provider (using a neighbor's phone since my phone is VOIP) and got a 'we're currently overloaded with calls at the moment, which suggests an outage in your area. If you would like to talk to an operator, please call back later' recorded message. Deeeelightful.
Been there done that.  Except it was closer to 2 days without in my case.  Unexplained outages are not cool.  -hugs Garney-  At least it's back now, yes?

CutieePiee

I just found a stray kitten in the sewer drain in my house parking lot...  :(

It's so tiny it can't climb up. Anyone know what I should do? Or who I should call?

Taruia

PonyMama

I would think phoning the SPCA.
If they can't help they will be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help

CutieePiee

Thanks, I will. I'll have to call early tomorrow morning since its getting really late here and no one seems to be answering the phone.

PonyMama

You could also look to see if there is a number for animal control.  They may be able to help too, if the SPCA is closed currently, as we wouldn't want the little kitten staying there all night if it can be avoided

CutieePiee

Just called all the local animal controls too. All closed.

Some neighborhood kids dropped food down there for the poor thing but it's too scared to eat. I wish I could go down there myself but I know I'd get stuck.

springacres

Animal control...closed??  WTH??!?

Animals are not a nine-to-five job...

indigowulf

last resort is calling police or fire dept.

PonyMama

That is weird.  Generally Animal control is open all day.  I know I have had to phone then at 11pm and even 3am for a dog barking for days straight  (watch dog barking at her shadow, the business ended up replacing her)

I guess the last thing would be to phone an emergency number and see if they can help

CutieePiee

I know it's very odd that animal control would be closed at all. If anything, I would think there would be more need for them at night.

I'm hesitant with calling emergency services yet though. They usually have to deal with more life threatening situations..

PonyMama

well how much room is there to stick something in there that kitty doesn't really have to climb up?  Like a makeshift ladder that it could just walk up?  Maybe you could make something like that?

I am just not too sure from there.

Sunchaser

SplitX

I second that. Make some sort of makeshift ladder and put some sort of cat food at the top. :X

Mutt

Poor kitten I guess I'm thirding the ladder idea or maybe the firemen... I think they actually do that sort of thing... pity animal welfare aren't open :( Good luck.

Ryuukokoro

I found a kitten one night at college and had to do a similar phone race, CutieePiee. It was a small town so none of the shelters were open in the night hours. I ended up calling the police (not their emergency number, there should be a regular number for non-emergencies) and they gave me the phone number of an animal control officer that was on call 24 hours a day, though the number went to voice mail and I had to leave him a message and wait for him to get back to me.