SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Kennel - Chatter

Started by Sunchaser, September 14, 2009, 11:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaye

*pokes wearily at thread* hello? anybody here? *yawn*

Garney

Kennel threads where events and business are held are usually quiet - I get easily confused trying to wade through lots of posts XD We usually have a chatter thread, but those usually contain team updates and the team as a whole doesn't really have much to report except 'we're figuring out lots of things' *sheepish look*

My internet continues to be hinky. Nothing I can do about it, it's at the provider end.

And I was bribed into babysitting tomorrow... well, five hours from now. Baby has some sort of plague and the daycare doesn't want him. I don't really want him either, he already gave me his plague x.x

Will try to work on customs between diaper changes and hoping he keeps water down.

springacres

Eww, babysitting for a sick baby...that sounds as bad as emergency dog walks.  If not worse.

But at least you're getting paid for it, right?

Garney

Pinkshadow

Quote from: Taruia on September 14, 2009, 05:49:36 PM
All dog breeds, not individual dogs *goes to edit that post to reduce confusion*

oowh im so sorry i misunderstood it dear :)
im danish so my english isn't perfect :D

SplitX

o.o; Not getting paid? Dx -snugs- Poor Garney!

-is in school- >>; FIrst period. XD I'm so bad!

Taruia

In case you didn't notice, I split the last thread. Chatter goes in here....games and customs in the migration thread. Thankies all! *huggles*

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

CutieePiee

Update on kitten... We kept going out to check it last night and eventually we saw a bigger cat go down into the sewer drain (guessing it's the mom) and the kitten stopped 'crying'. This morning we checked again, and no sign of the kitten or the cat. Hopefully the mother got the baby out and they are both safe.

Taruia

Poupou

I really hope both kitties are safe now. :)

Angeenia

I just found out that i have a stray mom cat with three kittens who live in my back yard and under by wooden deck.   Not a problem, i love cats..... except you cant go near them or they run.

Down side...  I own two dogs, and one really really hates cats.   We have a screened in porch, but im afraid that he might try to push his way out and break the screen if he sees them.

Cats dont do well in the shelters here in this town.  They have housing for millions of dogs and the kittens/cats is a small corner.  They dont get many and hardly ever get adopted.    We chose to let them remain in the back yard....

Not sure if that was a good choice but better then them getting picked up and then put to sleep.

SplitX

Maybe you could try to somehow lure them into a little carrier, take them to the vet, get them checked, then, if they're clean & happy & safe (no diseases), you could make fliers to see if anyone wants to adopt the kittens & mom? My friend did this. Once they were fed & everything, they warmed up to people, and they all went to the same, great home. Then again, I don't know if that was a rare case, and if my idea is bad or not. XD I'm just saying, they could probably find a home if you did it yourself. I'm sure the momma would be A-okay as long as she was with at least one of her kittens, if adopted.

Either way, I think that was the right choice, unless there are any non-kill shelters near where you live. <3

/in 4th period
MWAHAHA. I'm about to head to 5th. Then Lunch. /dread

indigowulf

If I win the lottory, Im going to start a non-profit org that owns mobile spay/neuter vans and does it for as little cost as possible, in most cases for free.

SplitX

Quote from: indigowulf on September 15, 2009, 01:04:20 PM
If I win the lottory, Im going to start a non-profit org that owns mobile spay/neuter vans and does it for as little cost as possible, in most cases for free.

That's awesome! :3

-about to get out of school- :D

Sunchaser

just got lunch <.< lol

if i won the lottery... i would start my own daucshund kennel as well as a spay and nueter place. Mostly cause i love duashunds but people sell them so high up its hard to get a pure bred daushund for under 300 dollars. Figure this way people can have the fun of them.

PonyMama

That reminded me to try and phone the pay and neuter clinic, although I don't think I will qualify.  Stupid people only looking at income instead of how many peoplke are trying to live off said income.  Sorry try and do the right thing and fix my cats but get no help doing so.  Oh well we will still get her fixed, although I would love to breed my new cat (she is a Bengal cross) I just don't want kittens that badly.

indigowulf

did you go to the humain society first? in my town, they have this thing where, when you get your pet licensed, they will give you a coupon to get spay/neuter for $15. Which, around here, means a total $30 for the operation and the license.

worth checkin to see at least. wish i had known about it before i got all 3 of mine, and my roommates 1 fixed.

PonyMama

When I got my male fixed we were told there was no finacial help for us becasue we made too much.  Well do you know what, one income and three people was hard to live and still do the responsible thing, now we have one income and 4 people.  It wouldn't be so bad but I know fixing a female costs more, which is why I wanted a male but she was gifted to us so we decided not to be picky.

Sorry I am whining, either way she will get fixed, we pay the expenses needed to keep our animals healthy, it woud just be nice to help those who actually want to do the right thing to keep cat populations down

PonyMama

okl apparently the clinic does nto answer the phones so I will have to leave a message tomorrow when I can step away from my baby and have her looked after and not cry the entire time.

I have been looking through everybody's doggies and there are tons I would just love to steal, I mean borrow for a long time

CutieePiee

"Borrow"-- riiiiiiiiiiiight.  ;)

I LOVE your avvie, PM. I've seen it for weeks now and didn't get a chance to tell you how beautiful your girls are.  :D

PonyMama

Yes borrow *shifty eyes*

Thanks Cutiee
I just loved this picture, they were sitting on the couch so I went to take a picture and my oldest looked down to fuss over her sister, and the picture turned out perfect.  I am going to frame this one

YourLoveOnly

I've been watching it for a while as well and I totally agree with cutie, they're adorable.

Sunchaser

Just wanted to say you guys are AWSOME!!!!!! i really love the dogs i have received latly to where im adding all my dogs to my kennel website and making another for my duachsunds that will one day hopfully have their own kennel ^-^

Sunchaser

And here is my Dachshund Kennel ^_^ thank Taruia for the name lol
http://hottiehotdogskennel.webs.com/

Ryuukokoro

Awww, yay! Sunchaser has a new kennel! ^_^ It's very cute!

PonyMama

I am thinking about a Pinscher kennel but don;t know.  One site is hard enough to update all the time, I don't know if I can update two of them (my first is sadly outdated right now)

SplitX

I might have 3 kennels total, separating by dog size. Small/tiny breed kennel, medium breed kennel, and large breed kennel (would most likely keep it as the Decori Cani kennel; might make the medium breed kennel DEK though. I dunno. XD I'd have to change a lot of show names though. .-.)

Sunchaser

i have been planing this kennel since TheKennel came out *hangs head* ryuu can tell you all about it lol. So when they finally came out im extremly happy. Now just to breed them like my huskies! *grins* and for those that havnt seen my huskies <.< i didnt realize how many i had till i started updating my website lol

SplitX

-wiggles into thread and flops down- I be sick. Dx

I still have my ultimate plan of getting 1 male & 1 female of every breed. I'm going to random.org right now to make a list of what I'll be getting & in what order. Granted, this will be nearly impossible, but at least it'll be a fun project for me to work hard for. =3 I'm getting a gold tag-it in a trade, so I expect to use that for a female Dachi for the handsome male I won. However, I'm also getting two nn5's in a trade, so that might be for the first pair to actually go towards my projects, even though I already have plenty of breeds/pairs that count towards it. >3

CutieePiee

Question for Kennel Staff:

Will the Secundian dogs have certs as that of PI? Or will they appear just as there are once uploaded onto the Secundi website in our list of pets?

(Just wondering, so I know how to go about putting them onto my kennel websites.)  :)

Silvanon

They won't have certs.  (There's not much point in the automated selling system if we still have to change a cert every time.  ^^ )  We're letting their display page do the "certing" here on Secundi.

CutieePiee

Alrighty. Thanks for the info, Silvanon!

SplitX

-honored- I just realized, on TheKennel Dog Breeds page here, Aurora is the example Great Dane~! n___n <3<3 I so happy. XD

indigowulf

see, Im one of those people who disagrees with the stats.. Ive always loved big dogs cuz I feel they are usually smarter than little ones, with a few noted exceptions. but I also understand the need to balance the stats between breeds.

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Silvanon on September 22, 2009, 08:38:14 AM
They won't have certs.  (There's not much point in the automated selling system if we still have to change a cert every time.  ^^ )  We're letting their display page do the "certing" here on Secundi.

Question on that.  Or well, related to it I guess.  With no certs, are our Kennel sites still viable?  How will/should we go about adding in the secundi dogs to our sites?  Or should we at all?  I just thought of it since I have two secundi dogs now, and was going to add them to my site, but then thought twice, wondering if I should.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Mutt

*checks to see if any of her dogs made the species/breed listing*

I don't think there are any Borzoi on that list.

Reminds me I went to the show yesterday to watch all the Borzoi compete, so beautiful  ;D

Ryuukokoro

*giggle* Ryuu was tickled pink that Shimmer is the example for the Shetlands. ^^

Ravvana

My Riley (Lab) and Grania (Wolfhound) are on the list ;D Ironically, they are probably my two favorite dogs XDD And Desmond (Heeler) is there too, whee!

CutieePiee

Haruki is on the list for Shibas! *luffs*

SplitX

Ooh! Splitty FINALLY made her list for what dog breeds she will be getting & in what order. I used random.org. XD I don't think anyone would be able to guess what's first on the list. -gigglesnort- I actually LOVE the list random.org gave me. Hehe.

red_uni387

Blood Stain's the example bloodhound!! :D *squees*

Pinkshadow

Im soo excited to see my tag dogs =p

Im waiting on 2 Sammies and 2 Boxers i think :D
- What did you others want from your tags ?

Silvanon

Quote from: Kadana Sorano on September 22, 2009, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: Silvanon on September 22, 2009, 08:38:14 AM
They won't have certs.  (There's not much point in the automated selling system if we still have to change a cert every time.  ^^ )  We're letting their display page do the "certing" here on Secundi.

Question on that.  Or well, related to it I guess.  With no certs, are our Kennel sites still viable?  How will/should we go about adding in the secundi dogs to our sites?  Or should we at all?  I just thought of it since I have two secundi dogs now, and was going to add them to my site, but then thought twice, wondering if I should.

Well, we're still working out the details of breeding Secundi dogs, so that is a good question and we don't have a definite answer yet.  I can tell you, however, that I personally will be adding my Secundi dogs to my website regardless of how breedings end up working here, just because I enjoy having all my dogs up.

CutieePiee

I probably will keep adding the secundian dogs to my websites for personal preference too. I like keep them all in one spot. ^^

SplitX

Now, will the charge to switch our dogs to Secundi dogs be expensive? Will they lose their show points/ribbons/champ packs, or will competing continue, or will it coninue in a different way? I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, and I understand if it has not been officially discussed yet. I am just very curious, as I would definitely love to get Aurora to champion status & have her banner, or at least have her status.
I was also wondering if breeding would still have its bonuses from competing, if competing will continue. I know I'm looking very far into the future, but I would like to have this question out in the open. n___n

Otherwise, I'm loving these events. I'm shocked there have been so many events thus far, and how they've run so smoothly. :D I cannot wait for this transition, and in my opinion, it's been quite smooth so far.

Thank you for everyone who's been working so hard to make all of this possible. I was going to be awfully upset if TheKennel hadn't continued due to the bologna rules that PI enforced. I personally don't think it was fair for adoptables that'd already been out for so long to be changed. After all, it's not scarring anyone for life. If parents choose to be overprotective, they can monitor the forums for their kids. Also, my old laptop had parental controls that were set on 'extremely strict'. It's not hard to set up controls like that. They're on every computer, I'm sure. At the most strict settings for parental controls under 'images' & 'websites', I wasn't allowed to see Kennel dogs or even pictures of real male dogs. XD That's what I never understood. Why complain about something you can easily fix yourself without making other people go out of their way & work their butts off?

/end rant
I'm in school... and I'm happy. I've got my hands on a Boxer, and I've gotten ALL of the reference pictures for every dog pair/single dog I'll need to do my complete Kennel (1 male & 1 female of every breed). XD

Silvanon

Dogs on Secundi will be able to participate in the Secundi competitions (which I'm working on right now), and will be able to level up and win prizes, etc. from those.  Non-Secundi dogs will not be able to participate in Secundi competitions.

By the same token, we will continue running the normal Kennel competitions for dogs who haven't imported into Secundi (although we will no longer be doing the item grabs, they take up a lot of time that we'd rather put into Secundi).  Only non-Secundi dogs will be able to participate in the Non-Secundi Kennel comps.

Dogs imported into Secundi will not keep their certs, so no, they won't have the Kennel comp ribbons.  (Although you could certainly note in their display what they had won, that would be fine.  You could even show a pic of them in their old certed glory if you like.)  They won't keep champ packs either, as champ packs have no place or bearing on Secundi comps.  Champ packs that had been equipped to imported dogs can be returned to your inventory if you like.

We've stated several times that breeding hasn't been worked out yet on Secundi, so it's rather useless to ask questions about how that will work, right now.  ^^;

As far as prices for importing, we haven't got that worked out yet, so I can't answer that one either, right now.

SplitX

Thank you very much. n__n
I think I will probably continue to show Aurora & the others with ribbons in non-Secundi competitions until they receive their Champion Banners so I can save them as a memoir. =3

Sorry if that was bothersome. XD I've been sick, so I've missed a lot. Thank you very much & thank you for your hard work. =D

Ryuukokoro

I'm really in love with the certs, the items, the ribbons, etc. of the old style. I will be haunting the Kennel forums as well as Secundi, to continue to collect both 'types' of dogs. XD

SplitX

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on September 24, 2009, 12:47:06 PM
I'm really in love with the certs, the items, the ribbons, etc. of the old style. I will be haunting the Kennel forums as well as Secundi, to continue to collect both 'types' of dogs. XD

I actually might do that as well. I was considering keeping all of my current dogs the way they are, but then I realized they wouldn't be breedable. XD Poor Aurora wants to have a litter. -sage nod-
It'll all just depend, though, but I might do the same. :3

Taruia

They will be breedable...that is the one thing we know for sure. We've said that a lot of times too. Secundi and Old World can breed.