News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Cleiteag-Cat: Feather-Fluffs for All! [[Dead Thread]]

Started by xenon, April 23, 2010, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenon

There is a free random draw up at the livejournal, for anyone interested! <3 Joining the community is not a requirement, all you need is an LJ account. :D

http://community.livejournal.com/cleiteag_aerie/2710.html

SeaCrest

Are we allowed to just post it here, instead of on livejournal, if we don't have a livejournal account?

xenon

Sure! <3 I'll actually go ahead and edit the draw info into a post here. ^o^ I just ask that you either sign here or at the LJ, not at both locations. <3

#1: This male is something fairly special - he's actually the product of an extended breeding between my Apocalypse and Nathalia's Rusty. <3 His brother was posted in the last pickups, but he's going up for draw!

#2: The first of the sisters going up today, these are the children of one of my pairs - Erebos, or as he's more commonly known, Dusk, and his lovely lady Crow.

#3: The second sister! The only important note is that she is mute, like her mother.

#4: A completely wild female!

To enter the draw, please post with the following:

Name:
Email:
First most wanted?:
Second?:
Third?:

This will be open for a few days at least. :3

Nauscal

Oh cool, because I don't remember my LJ info. XD

Name: Crowflux
Email: everybitterfable@gmail.com
First most wanted?: 1
Second?: 3
Third?: 2

EDIT: LOL, I keep forgetting to switch this account with my game account. U_U This is for username Crowflux on secundi. My bad.

SeaCrest

Spixy

Solistia

Name: Solistia
Email: theluminaria [at] gmail [dot] com
First most wanted?: #4
Second?: #2
Third?: #3

YourLoveOnly

I've never seen any Gryphs not posted on LJ so I don't really know what your pair looks like XD
*stares at pretty previews* Muuust have!

Name: YourLoveOnly
Email: innerselfwithin [at] gmail [dot] com
First most wanted?: #4
Second?: #2
Third?: #1

That's my email for bussiness stuff, if anyone wants my MSN just ask :D

Also still plotting customs ^^

xenon

Oho! For curious people, here are the pairs involved. <3

Apocalypse

Rusty

Dusk

Crow

YourLoveOnly

Thank you for that, I admit I am a curious person XD
Made my final selection. I am also keeping in mind other customs I am getting to make sure I keep some kind of variety (I have a few dark ones planned out so that's why I decided to pass on the black one). I have now made colorcharts for all my characters, they are pretty neat to stare at while designing them. I pretty much let family and friends pick out 3-5 colors each and then design a custom to represent them :D I have a looot planned out, still need about 4 more including the aquatic one =3

Willow

Neocridders

Name Neocridders
Email neocridders@yahoo.com
First most wanted number 3
Second number 1
Third number 2

Angella

xenon

A little update... I am working on the Franken-gryph (he is inked!), but I probably won't be able to finish him tonight, and I'll be going on a vacation for the next few days! :D There's another draw up on the LJ, for semi-customs, so if people want to check that out and post forms for it here, feel free to do so. That will be open until Wednesday, which is also when the random draw will be closing.

Once the semi-customs are finished, I will be opening paid USD only custom slots - probably three single slots, and one or two starter Aerie slots, depending on time and interest. <3 So! There's your heads-up for up-and-coming attractions!

YourLoveOnly

Oooh I will think of something fun for that draw. Have fun on your vacation! :D
I'm excited to see all the new Gryphs and very excited about the upcoming custom slots too :D

YourLoveOnly

Semi-Custom Draw
Name: YourLoveOnly
Email: innerselfwithin [at] gmail [dot] com
Preferred Gender: Female
Up to Three Colors: #69D4dA, #F5729C, #FAE500 (order doesn't matter)
Trait: All Feathers
Modifier: Scaled stomach

No character for this one, just random pretty colors. If she gets picked I'm really excited to see how she turns out :D And if there are any surprise traits of course <3

Goddesss

Semi-Custom Draw
Name: Goddesss
Email: goddesssmommy [at] gmail [dot] com
Up to Three Colors: black, Teal, Purple
Trait: surprise
Modifier: surprise

I hope surprise is ok.  I dont know what they are.  I looked at the list but dont know anything about the traits so. =)

Goddesss

Name: Goddesss
Email: goddesssmommy [at] gmail [dot] com
First most wanted?: 4
Second?: 2
Third?: 1

Sunchaser

Name:Sunchaser
Email:Saddle109@aol.com
First most wanted?:3
Second?:4
Third?:2

kasatsu

Semi-Custom Draw

Name: kasatsu
Email: kasatsu@gmail.com
Up to Three Colors:  #0b3667, #967573, #235b11
Trait: head wings!
Modifier: skeletal wings

x3; *luffs*

Willow

Semi Custom Draw

Name: Willow
Email: r.egreen@hotmail.com
Preferred Gender: Male
Up to Three Colors: Cream (EACB96#) , Duck egg blue (1CA0ED#), medium brown (8E4718#).
Trait: Draconic (tail)
Modifier: Scaled Stomach

~Willow

Neocridders

Semi Custom Draw

Name: Faeron
Email: neocridders@yahoo.com
Preferred Gender: Male
Up to Three Colors:White, Brown, Cream
Trait: Paws forlegs
Modifier: Dagger claws

And, I was wondering what the diffrence between modifiers and traits was?

Angella

Semi-Custom Draw

Name: Angella
Email: floiscrazy@yahoo.com
Preffered Gender: Female
Up to Three Colors: Indigo, purple, black
Trait: Draconic tail
Modifier: dagger claws

Crowflux

Semi-Custom Draw

Name: Crowflux
Email: everybitterfable@gmail.com
Preffered Gender: Female
Up to Three Colors: White, Gray, Gold
Trait: Feathered tail
Modifier: Back Mane

(Hope I'm not too late for this!)

Solistia

Name: Solistia
Email: theluminaria [at] gmail [dot] com
Preferred Gender: Any!
Up to Three Colors: Rust Red, Dark Brown, and Golden Yellow
Trait: Tail - Feline
Modifier: Skin(Fur) - Extra Long

SeaCrest

Name: SeaCrest
Email: starrycrest [at] gmail [dot] com
Preferred Gender:  Female
Up to Three Colors: White, Teal, Cyan
Trait: Feathered Tail
Modifier: Short claws

xenon

Alright, both draws are closed! Results soon. Aa. Xenon is so dead. x_x

sera

Live, Xenon, llliiivveee!! ^^

Will you be cross-posting results to here as well? ^^ <33

i hope you had a fun trip, m'dear. <3

xenon

I will. Even though... my dice seriously hated Secundi. o_o;;;; Weeeird.

Winners for the random draw:
Kari
Janalee
Raitalle
Nathalia

...so none of the Secundi entries. o_O Semi customs (for now):

Ku
Willow
Crowflux

Congrats, you guys. <3 If you didn't get chosen, don't fret - I'll probably be pulling more forms from this draw when I find myself at a loss for what to do. :3

SeaCrest

sera

HHHEEEEE!!! Congrats!!!!  i shall go stare at the lj as well and poke people with joy! Bwahahaa!

YourLoveOnly

Congrats everyone! ;D *pokes xenon* .. live pretty please? And did you have a fun trip? ^^

I looove the random draw Gryphies, especially Pale's offspring. His pose, his markings, those wings! <3 The blue sister seems to have a very laid-back personality and the wings are adorable. The black sister's pose made me fall in love, I never thought she would be that pretty. The headwings rock! And that wild female.. where to begin? The traits, the patterns, she's awesome! Did I spot bat ears and canine tail? And finally I must add that these totally won me over as far as head mane goes. I didn't really like the trait, but after seeing the boy and the black sister I'm sold!

Nooow question time: Does hair mane always look like that or are you willing to modify the style a bit? I have modifox to mimic somewhere down the road (not anytime soon I think, I have so many plotted already XD) and she could use a mane similair to the original (it isn't that complicated). Next question someone asked during the semi-custom draw but is still unanswered and I really wanna know the answer too.. *quotes* And I was curious, is the 'Winged (Tail)' modifier suppose to be under both the 'Mid-level' and 'Rare' lists, and if so, what's the difference? ^^

.. I can still cross fingers that I win Franken-Gryph XD
And if I don't I have a pile of money laying here that wants to be spend! :D

Willow

Whee!
*dances for semi - custom*

Congrats to the other winners, and good luck to everyone else in future things ;)
~Willow

xenon

Questions answered before I flee off to work!:

The headmane can be in any (reasonable) style. <3 All of Pale's children kinda got his mane, so that's what the story is there. His genes are strong. >>; but.. yeah. If you have something in particular in mind, just let me know and I will go with that in the drawing-ness. :3

The difference between traits and modifiers is a little weird, but here goes! I think that the easiest way to illustrate the difference is with an example. Feathered wings is a trait. It dictates the shape of the wing, what it basically looks like. From there, modifiers further change that appearance - the vestigial modifier will greatly shrink the wing size down, the "none" modifier will make it look like the gryph has no wings (but they'll still have their base trait, so they'll breed to have whatever wing type is the trait - unless the modifier carries down, of course). These apply to all of the wing types - so you can have draconic vestigial, or feline tufted, or canine split. It's just another way I threw in to make more variation of type possible. The modifiers that are odd are the ones that allow for combinations, because for them to work, the gryphon needs to be a heterozygous carrier for another trait. So for Pale's son and his combo wings, he carried the trait for Draconic, which normally would be hidden by the dominant Feathered. With the combination modifier added in, however, he ended up with the feathered/draconic wings. :3

...I hope that wall of text makes any sense at all. xD

Last question! The feathered tail/feathered tail is just a difference in the appearance and complication of the modifier. The cheaper one just adds a little pair of flitty wings to the tail somewhere. The more expensive one either adds a whole bunch of flitty wings, or one big pair. 'tis a silly trait. XD

xenon

Just something to let you guys all know I am still alive and still working:

sera

YourLoveOnly

xenon

Yes it is indeed! He's... a very bright fellow. @.@ -working on his shading now-

YourLoveOnly

Ooooh that is exciting ^^ *sits in thread and waits* =3
I just woke up, so I have all the time in the world XD

p.s. check your PMs, I send my plotted Aerie like you asked =D

xenon

He probably won't be finished tonight because it's 2am and I'm fading fast, but I made a huge amount of progress on him, so I'm feeling quite satisfied.

-has been looking it over- You're gonna put me to work! I kid, I kid. <3 It looks like it will be a fun order, even if you do push the boundaries of what I can do. I just want to make sure it's okay with you that I can't do smooth blurs from one color to another very well with the program I use. If it's absolutely essential, I can attempt it, it just might not look very good in the end. @_@

YourLoveOnly

So far everything I've seen you color has turned out amazing, so I'm not worried ^^
I'm sure they will come out great.

2 AM? O.o It's 10.30 AM here XD

*shoots sammie puppies over to Trading Booths* Cute lil' balls of fluff <33
I am so getting some doggies mimiced one day XD

xenon

Okay, okay, I lied. XD It was closer to 1:30, but it still feels crazy-late! Timezones can be so weird. But his base color is done, so.. hopefully, I'll manage to finish him in the morning-ish. <3 All of the semi-customs have been sketched (I personally am loving how they look so far!), as soon as I get my hands on a scanner I'll be posting the sketches for people. <3

And thank you for your faith on the coloring. <3 It's just tricky for me to get a gradient from one color to another to really look right unless it's built into the shading. XD Puppy mimics should be a lot of fun! -giggles at the fluffballs-

Okay, now off to bed with me. <3 I will return tomorrow with... Stuff! And things!! And a rested brain, most importantly!

YourLoveOnly

.. I can't even figure out where I asked for gradients? XD *reads over forms confused*

Goodnight Xenon! ^^
And I know what you mean by late, I don't think I ever go to sleep before 1 AM :P

I'm very excited to see the sketches even though they're not mine.. More pretties to drool over ish a good thing, right?

Neocridders

Oh I get it! Modifyers are not actually... in the genes, but they are what you see. They are almost like dominant in itself, right? They are modifying the appearance but the genes are still the same underneath. Yes? :) Thanks!

xenon

That's pretty much it, Neo. <3 They are in the genes, as they can be passed down to the children, but yes, they are dominant in that as long as they're attached to the "leading" gene, they're present. <3 It's weird, but it's worked so far!

Anyway! The franken is finished! Congrats to Leafy!!

ID: g81AM
Name: Owner's Choice
Genetics: bbNN; NN; E'E'; yy; m'm'; LL; FF; FF; NN; WW; tbtb
Owner: Leafy

Let me know what his name is and I hope you like him, stupidly bright as he is. <3

Neocridders

Leafy

I think he'll make REALLY interesting babies with my peacock female XD He's such a cutie pie <3 Thanks Hanu <3<3<3

YourLoveOnly

xenon

Little update.

Right now, I'm being seriously held back by the lack of scanner. My parents claim to have one that I can use while I'm here, but so far, I have seen no sign of it. << I'll be bothering them more tonight about its use so that I can finish those semi-customs and move on to other things. Sorry for the delay, everyone. D:

YourLoveOnly

Delay is no biggie, pretty art is always worth waiting for.

*goes back to plotting stuff* Yes, I am working on more characters XD