News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

|Jheriko Dragons| Tick - Tock, this is a Clock.

Started by JellyThunda, October 04, 2009, 09:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JellyThunda

A dragon raised his head, listening to a distant rumbling. The rumbling slowly grew louder until it was the only sound in the forest, then an explosion. He looked up to see a black flaming rock flying through the air, then landing on a palm tree in the midst of a nearby beach. The tree was engulfed in flame, and no sooner than the fire had started there was a screaming and howling of frightened creatures running from something that the dragon had yet to notice. He looked behind him and he saw the tallest mountain on the island--which his family had named Jheriko Peak after the founding dragon of the island clans--spewing a gigantic plume of smoke and dust, with little red rivers pouring from the sides of a huge crater in the very top of the mountain. He squinted at the strange sight, trying to figure out what had happened, when a tall dragon swept past him and scooped him into her arms, carrying him away from the mountain at a break-neck pace.~
(sorry for the poor story, I'm no brilliant writer XD)

Hello, members of Secundi! This is our first time being here and we are still getting used to Secundi's general rules for adoptables and so we will not be doing much for the first few days other than getting comments on our artwork and doing random story-writing competitions. ;D
*Yes, the title for this week was inspired by the book Catching Fire by Suzzanne Collins.*

JellyThunda

When the volcano erupted, it started a series of events that can only be described as a sort of clock. Every morning when the sun was half-way to the peak of the sky, a white bird would call out an alarm and the geysers around Jheriko Peak would erupt with boiling hot water. Every other two days the volcano would erupt again, spewing rock and flames onto the island. Each hour that passed signaled a different event, whether it be good or bad.
10 days after the first eruption, an explorer named Keiran Black found the nearly-destroyed island while on a mission to discover new islands around the coasts of his home, the mainland.
He was ordered to write a document of each new island's characteristics and while writing this, he noticed a wafting black fog coming from the mountain. He wrote a separate letter to the monarch of the mainland, Lady Paetha.
thus lies the end of the beginning, for now it is the beginning of the end.

Now, more about the actual dragons that live on this island!

Each Jheriko Dragon--more widely known as the Jheri--is unique and has his/her own lineart and design. There are seven main genera of Jheri which each contain 5-10 sub-species-

The Havi'Tae~ The Harpy
an incredibly strong, aggressive, and wide-spread genus that encompasses most of the world, though the strongest and most prominent strains are found on the island.

• sub-species~
(each species is separated by a '|')
Navaina|Bandavanch|Harleguine|Jornola|Veniritan|Keitran
  • examples~
this is a Havi'Tae`veniritan - which essentially means "The Harpy that Hides", this name came from the veniritan's habit of fleeing instead of participating in a fight, which all of the other Havi'Tae subspecies will most definately not-do.
[LINK to example - can also be seen at the bottom of the "Mailing List" post]

JellyThunda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our First Event is aaaa .......

!Color Your Own!

Yes. Its a CYO.. for a traditionally colored adoptable..  ;D
This adoptable is actually part digital.. *reveals secrets* I make the linearts in photoshop, and then I color them traditionally.. So the way that this event will work is this-

You will color a lineart traditionally (this requires a printer/scanner/camera, I'm sorry to those who don't have any of these things!) and then scan it in ~ or ~ take a picture of it and put it online.
Whoever colored the lineart most identically to the way that I have colored it wins! (they'll get the ownership of the one that was colored by me, or the one colored by them if that's what they prefer.)
Rules are- Have fun and no whining!~

Oh, and this might help (trust me, it'll look alot prettier when you color it):

and incase I wasn't clear the last time that I said how to enter, here's some detailed instructions:

1. print out the lineart (prefereably on the entire sheet of paper- no white gets left behind!)
2. color traditionally
3. scan in or take a picture and upload
4. post the picture here or pm it to me privately
5. wait and see who won!
;D

THIS EVENT HAS ENDED!!

!Scavenger Hunt!

^^ This shall be fun. Oh so much fun.

These will be the items to look for:
a dog wearing a santa hat
a horse rolling in the mud
a computer-generated dragon
a hot guy (teeheehee XD)
blue storks
and some purple apples.

the first person who posts (you can link to a picture if it's too big) all of the pictures first wins a semi-custom Jheriko Dragon. (there's no time limit)
Have fun!

THIS EVENT HAS ENDED AS WELL!

JellyThunda

- Flat Sale -

Coming soon!

JellyThunda

JellyThunda

To join the mailing list, post "tick-tock, this is a clock" in bold red.

:Mailing List Members:
-Springacres

You may post. ;D

Ryuukokoro

Wow! You're a beautiful artist! And a good writer too, your story is awesome. I can't wait to see what you've got to set up!

JellyThunda

:D
Thank You.
I am actually planning on a flatsale event (in which I will find a good price for these ;) ) and I've just finished coloring the first dragon of the flatsale.
Now to make a cert... *dies*

red_uni387

JellyThunda

Ryuukokoro

springacres

JellyThunda

Thanks, guys.
I'll be uploading a preview of the second flat-sale dragon in a sec..

Ryuukokoro

Oooo previews are good. I want to do some actual events though! :3

JellyThunda

JellyThunda

First event has been set-up. :D
*sits and waits for more people to come*

Ryuukokoro

Ohhhhh wow so cool!! I don't have a printer, but I think the public library will print for 30 cents a page.. I'll try to get there in the next couple of days and print it off! ^_^

JellyThunda

Oh, I'm sorry Ryuukokoro! I would mail a printed version to you, but that'd be weird and very inaffective.. XD.... unlessss.. you live near me.. *doomdoomdooooom*

Hope that you're able to get on over to the library soon, and while you're not at the library, I'll post another short event to keep you busy, since you're the only person in this thread at the moment.. >.>

sera

i'm a bit confused by the event, actually. ^^;;;  So we colour it and. . . guess how you will be colouring the original? xD;  Sorry if this is obvious. . . ^^;;;;  sera can be a bit slow sometimes.  xD;

Ryuukokoro

I think you just color it however you wish, sera. And at the end of the event, the winner is the one who came the closest to how Jelly actually colored it. ^^

JellyThunda

Yes, what Ryuu said. ^^
I just updated the "Information" post with some stuff about the Havi'Tae genus.
Enjoy.  ;)

sera

lol i think i get it. xD;;

Also, wot day does the contest end? ^^

JellyThunda

Oh.. XD *headdesk*
I'll add that on there now. It's going to end on the 7th.

Ryuukokoro

0_0 Whoa! Each one will be a unique lineart!? That's awesome! A lot of work for you though. >.>

JellyThunda

Oh, you didn't know that?? XD
I guess that could be possible, but... I wouldn't do that since traditional and unique adoptables fetch a mighty fine dollar... *hint,hint*

[random]
Marquee! [/random]

Ryuukokoro

JellyThunda

No, I also enjoy drawing and especially like to hoarde my own clan of stalkers. ^^

Ryuukokoro

Hee hee the stalkers make all the hard work worth it. :3

JellyThunda

bump ^^ *colors some more dragons and thinks of what to do with the new event*

Ryuukokoro

*pout* They've given me day shifts this week and by the time I get out of work, library is closed.

Here's some ideas for events, if you don't mind some suggestions! ^_^

1.) writing contest, to write a story or poem that explores the Jheriko world more

2.) quiz contest, about Jheriko dragons or just dragons in general, first one with all the correct answers wins

3.) design-an-item contest, where we design something the dragons would wear or use and the winner gets a dragon wearing/using that item on the cert

4.) scavenger hunt, where we find pictures online or take our own and have to post them in this thread

Just some random games I thought up off the top of my head ^_^

JellyThunda

:D
Thanks, I think that I'll do that scavenger hunt, so be prepared!

*edit* I've made the event!

Ryuukokoro

Aw man! I just haaad to work today! Sigh. Congrats sera!

JellyThunda

^^ don't worry, Ryuu. There'll always be a next time. ;)

and congrats sera! Please send the following form to me through pm:

Name:
Owner:
Personality (I get the idea for the pose from this, so be descriptive! ^^):
3-4 colors (I get to pick all of the designs and such, but only using these colors):
Extras (can be one item or piece of clothing):

and this will be a Shu'Twy dragon, meaning that it is a gift or a prize., and its sub-species will be the parscos, which means "created jointly" in Jherikonan tounge.
so it's full breed name will be "Shu'Twy`parscos - the prize which is created jointly"

Ryuukokoro

JellyThunda

bump ^^
and Sera has also won the coloring contest! I'll be scanning in the one that I colored soon so that you may name it and give it a gender and personality.

Ryuukokoro

Congrats again sera! Things never seem to work out for Ryuu lol.

JellyThunda

bump ^^
Things are moving slowly for me, so much homework to do... *stares at piles*

Ryuukokoro

*looks around the thread* Is there anything we can do? I think all the events are over?

JellyThunda

Hmm, I guess I could start working more on the storyline...
Maybe I'll use that extra post to setup some RPing rules. ^^ For now, I've finally gotten my scanner to work and I'm scanning in the colored-by-me version of the CYO. :D

Ryuukokoro

RPing would be awesome! are we allowed to make up a character to RP if we don't own a Jheriko yet?

sera

JellyThunda

Oh, yes indeed, you may make up whatever character that you want, even if that character has no Jheriko Dragon to go along with him/her. Heck, if you make a character I like I might even end up making a dragon for it - just because!
I've gotta go to sleep now, so I'll put the RP rules up tommorrow. Goodnight!

YourLoveOnly

JellyThunda

I'm changing the plans-
I am planning on putting up a new thread soon, perhaps with a edited story and different things going on. Everything in this thread will still count, just the story will be changed and edited. I didn't entirely like the way it was going... Too much emphasis on that guy named Keiran Black. XD
And Ryuu, I've got a surprise for you! Just wait and see, I'm uploading it now. >:3

Here he is!:

Sera won him, of course, but she decided that it'd be nice to gift him to you, since you didn't win either of the events.
You may name him and create a personality for him, though the cert is still in the works and it may take awhile to add the information. XD

red_uni387

:D Yay Congrats Ryuu!!! *wishes she could see teh cutie* >.> stupid blocking system

YourLoveOnly

sera

i agree again with the others; he is absolutely beautiful!  ^^  i hope you like him, Ryuu. . .  ^^;;;  *gamphs off*

Ryuukokoro

0___0

w-wha...?

For me...? You're kidding! I-I don't know what to say! I'm speechless!!

Wow! This is the nicest gift I've gotten in a very long, long time. HUGE thank you to both sera for the precious gift and JellyThunda for the event and the wonderful coloring job!! Wow! I'm so psyched! ^_^

I'm going to put him in my Display right now! I hope that's okay, even though he doesn't have a cert just yet! When the cert is ready I'll be ready with the perfect name for him. ^_^

Thank you both again!! *big hugs* This totally makes my day!! He's so gorgeous!