Gryphions: The Feathered Feet | July Thread - Banner Contest ending super soon.

Started by Gryphions, July 06, 2010, 01:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goddesss

Owner: Goddesss
Body color: Black
Body marking: paint
Body marking color: white
Wing feather color: Brown
Tail/mane color(can be two different colors): Dark Brown
Beak (main part) color: Dark Grey
Beak (nostril area part) color: Brown
Eye color: Yellow
Another marking: Fade
Another marking color: Black
Small lineart edit (if I feel I can't do the one that is rolled, I will skip this part): Small pink and white beads threaded through mane and tail

kasatsu

Owner: kasatsu
Body color: #21375d
Body marking: Clouded Leopard markings
Body marking color: #645050
Wing feather color: #19584F
Tail/mane color(can be two different colors): #24151C, #121F16
Beak (main part) color: #7a8d61
Beak (nostril area part) color: #836e45
Eye color: #645050
Another marking: Tiger like stripes
Another marking color: #1A111C
Small lineart edit (if I feel I can't do the one that is rolled, I will skip this part): ---

Wildfilly94

Yeah so I saw these guys and I loved them, so lets hope I fill this form out right, even though I prolly have NO CLUE what half of thise stuff will look like. XD

EDIT: Ops, wrong gender. XD

Owner: Wildfilly94
Body color: Medium Tan
Body marking: Paint/Merle
Body marking color: Brown and White
Wing feather color: Black
Tail/mane color(can be two different colors): Medium tan then into Black
Beak (main part) color: Brown
Beak (nostril area part) color: Meduim Tan
Eye color: Blue (Either light/sky blue or a dark blue, doesnt matter)
Another marking: Dun (Like, the horse marking)
Another marking color: Black
Small lineart edit (if I feel I can't do the one that is rolled, I will skip this part): Ima copy Rosewood and suggest a Deep Beautiful Red Rose in his mouth. :)

Echowing

Owner:Echowing
Body color: Black
Body marking: Random Dappling (Think dappled dachshund)
Body marking color: Silver-grey
Wing feather color: Silver-grey
Tail/mane color(can be two different colors): Both Silver-grey
Beak (main part) color: Black
Beak (nostril area part) color: Silver-grey
Eye color: Dark grey
Another marking: Ankle socks? (Dunno if there's a formal name for those...)
Another marking color: Silver-grey
Small lineart edit (if I feel I can't do the one that is rolled, I will skip this part): Silver ring or two on tail

Thanks <3

Neocridders

Going to close the franken gryph now. It will probably take me a while to get the finished gryph. I'm going to take my time, especially on the edit if there is one. And this edit will be exclusive for this gryph only.

That does not mean, however, that I'll never redraw the idea again for an item or something in the future. It won't be exactly the same in the future, if that makes sense, since it will be redrawn.

Neocridders

>.< Of course we got the male with the collar. Well, I decided to give it a shot. I'm not exactly proud of it, but I think it's just fine. I hope you all think so too. I'm sorry if it isn't up to quality you were hoping for, guys.

And congrats to SweetCaroline for winning the boy!

I'll judge banners tomorrow morning, everyone. So that's just a little bit longer, if anyone still needs to make one.

ETA: Here's the franken form all filled out, so you all know who contributed to what...

QuoteOwner:SweetCaroline
Body color:Conroy - White
Body marking:Kasatsu - Clouded Leopard Markings
Body marking color:Rosewood - White
Wing feather color:Wildfily94 - Black
Tail/mane color(can be two different colors):Kadana - Medium Brown
Beak (main part) color:YourLoveOnly - Orange
Beak (nostril area part) color:Goddesss - Brown
Eye color:SeaCrest - Cyan
Another marking:SeaCrest - Leg fade
Another marking color:Goddesss - Black
Small lineart edit (if I feel I can't do the one that is rolled, I will skip this part):Kadana - dark brown leather collar

Kadana Sorano

Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

SeaCrest

Maybe next time, have the collar sit lower on the neck? But I don't know how you would do that without completely reformatting the mane >.<

Anywho, pretty gryphie!

SweetCaroline

He's Gorgeous!! Thank You very much!! But it seems soooo wrong to collar a male. But still he is to die for. *Leads the handsom boy away before Kadana gets her claws on him*
~SC~

Neocridders

And we aren't going to go into the fact that you are 'collaring' a gryphion. We're pretending a collar is purely an accessory, not any form of 'containment' like it would be for dogs. Since, you know, gryphions are not pets. They are very proud creatures with intellegence and don't stand for being thought of as less than a human.

;)

YourLoveOnly

Neocridders

No! No making note! >.<
jk. But I seriously dread seeing whatever you're noting...

BTW - We're going to have franken with no animal mimics, since technically the markings should have been white, and the body color white. I took the black that should have been white and kept in black from the clouded leopard, but the darker color underneath is a light grey, so it is close to white.

Why not lions? Lions are pretty animals. Gryphions are part lion part eagle. LIONS!?!
Excuse my rant about nothing there... I got zero sleep. And I needed sleep. My twin brother likes to wander around and talk all night, and then open/close/opencloseopenclose! his door (and his room is right next to mine. and his door is very loud!). And then he gets to his room and watches who knows what on his laptop and he is a howlermonkey when he laughs. He has no... inner laugh, he can't chuckle and move on. He has to laugh for a good 30 seconds. And then he'll laugh again about something else. Oooooh so tired. Then his squeaaaky bed... let's not go into that >.<

Dray

Oooh, that guy turned out great! Love the markings on him. For the collar, you could always draw it so that parts of it look like they're sitting under the mane -- have bits of the collar sticking out instead of sitting it on top of the mane?

Neocridders

Quote from: Dray on July 25, 2010, 11:19:57 AM
Oooh, that guy turned out great! Love the markings on him. For the collar, you could always draw it so that parts of it look like they're sitting under the mane -- have bits of the collar sticking out instead of sitting it on top of the mane?
You see, that's what I was thinking before I started. But after starting I wondered if the hair was long enough that it would be pulled over it? Think of a long haired girl with a band or 'collar' over her head. The hair is too long for little bits of hair to go over. So this boy it having just a band over his mane.
And it probably seems unrealistic, yes, where placement i have. It seemed right to me since it's resting on the 'floofy' part of the mane

Goddesss

Yay! for no sleep.  Sorry you got no sleep. 

I think you did a good job on the collar.  you have the one stray piece of hair over it. =)

Dray

Quote from: Neocridders on July 25, 2010, 11:36:34 AMYou see, that's what I was thinking before I started. But after starting I wondered if the hair was long enough that it would be pulled over it? Think of a long haired girl with a band or 'collar' over her head. The hair is too long for little bits of hair to go over. So this boy it having just a band over his mane.
And it probably seems unrealistic, yes, where placement i have. It seemed right to me since it's resting on the 'floofy' part of the mane

There is that, but a long-haired girl has the band on top of her head, and gravity is pulling the hair downward. A collar on a maned critter, or one with long hair, would probably wind up fitting mostly underneath so that you'd only see the buckle part, or whatever part was being pulled down by gravity. That'd only be if it was heavy, though. I think that if your collar is a lighter weight, having it sit on top of the floof makes sense -- besides, it looks good as it is! Right now I'm just spinning wool. ^_^"

Kadana Sorano

Quote from: Neocridders on July 25, 2010, 09:32:40 AM
No! No making note! >.<

Ahahaha too late!  I made my own notes right after I posted rofl  but.. only cause you did so wonderfully with him lol
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

sera

Gryphions

I had a big day yesterday, guys. I was wiped out when I got home. I just had time to clean the gerbil cage before I crashed. Sorry. And I'm still super tired. So if anyone wants to make a banner still, umm, I'll accept it in the contest.

I'm just going to announce a few winners right now. From people I've noticed wearing their banners proudly ;)

Sera
Goddesss

You two will get premades. But urrr I need to find them. And you'll see them soon ;) And probably more prizes for later. I'm a little tired to go through right now to find all the rest. Those are the ones I know I've seen for sure. You all are awesome for having them in your siggies. I suppose you can take them out now, since you've won. Or you can keep them there as long as you want. Or make a smaller one, or whatever you like ;) I don't care. Thanks!!