News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Gliders] Christmas event and frankens!

Started by Winged, December 19, 2010, 06:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged

Merry christmas!
I'm having a few late minute christmas events, and lots of frankens over the next week.

The old thread is no longer active, just waiting for a couple of people to post certing information in it. So i thought it would be okay to get this up.

Here is a link to the information thread. Look there for examples of markings and mutations, which you'll need for frankens and customs.
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3445.0
Photobucket owners folders- http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/Winged0/Gliders/Owners
Winged
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Presents

Everyone loves presents don't they? This is a gifting event, but there will also be some in-thread games to win presents. Unfortunately, my artistic skill failed me while i tried to draw some presents so you will have to use your imagination for now. I may comission someone to draw me present lines.
Forgot to put that the presents will defult open on the 24th, but if you would like one to open early, you may request it. But please not have everyone opening all theirs early, hopefully just some :)

To buy one just post saying the quantity and for who and send sg.

Red present- 1k
Contains a premade
Unlimated
1-Goddesss
2-PonyMama
3-YLO
4-Red_uni387
5-Silvanon
6-jojosera
7-Sunchaser109
8-sera
9-Toffeeca
10-Ryuukokoro
11- springacres
12- Spixy
13- toffeeca
14- Ryuukokoro
15- Sunchaser109
16-hiyoko
17- Pinkshadow
18- Ravvana
19- Willow
20- Silvanon
21-
ect

Blue present- 5k
Contains a semi-custom or two premades
1- YourLoveOnly
2- YourLoveOnly
3- Neocridders
4- Neocridders
5- SeaCrest
6- PonyMama
7- red_uni387
8- xenon
9- Solistia
10-
11-

Green present- 10k
Contains a custom or a semi-custom and a premade
1-YourLoveOnly
2- SeaCrest
3- Neocridders
4- jojo08088
5- sera
6- YourLoveOnly
7-
8-

Gold present- 20k
Contains two customs or a custom and two semi-customs or a custom, a semi-custom and a premade
1- Neo
2- YourLoveOnly
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Frankens!

Slow franken
I will probably draw one once every couple of days. You may post one form per found.

Owner:
Eye colour:
Claw colour:
Wings colour:
Marking 1:
Colour:
Marking 2:
Colour:
Mutation:
Colour:

Fast franken
Results will go here.

Won by YLO.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

Games!
These will be found in-thread. Any info i decide i need will go here.

Got all the posts i need now, please post!  ;)

And... the first franken for when someone arrives :P
Gender?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Female!

--
I think it would be really helpful to get clickeable examples of all markings and mutations in that shiny info post you created. Just all white simple example Gliders with the marking/mutation showing in another color (people usually use red). I have trouble filling out forms myself because I want to be able to visualize things (I ordered 2 customs when Willow ran them, but just didn't succeed in deciding on what I wanted without examples)

Winged

Female
Body colour?

Yes, that was what i was planning on working on this week. Since you think it is important, i'll give it a higher priority :) What would you prefer i do first, markings or mutations?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Hmm.. I think I'd prefer markings. *pets all the pretty Gliders*
I need to figure out who I'll be gifting to..

Winged

Got all the markings done :) So they're up. I checked them through, but if you see any problems please tell me. There are a few markings the male has that the female doesn't... i shall work on that. The problem is i didn't do the original markings so i'm not sure if i could replicate them well enough. But i shall see :) The female has no bfade, muzzle, freckles, star and blaze.
Still need a body colour from someone for the franken.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

That is very helpful, thank you ^^ The marking templates look like fun to play with.. I still want an adoptable to do that with one day.

I was also wondering if only premade markings are offered or if you will do custom ones as well?

Neocridders

White
... for the franken XD

Oooh. I'd like a red present for...

Neocridders
Goddesss
PonyMama
YourLoveOnly
Red_uni387
Silvanon
jojo080889
Sunchaser109
Sera
Toffeeca
Ryuukokoro

:D 10k coming to you now!\

ETA: Ooops 11k! My mistake.

Neocridders

May I also have a gold present? Or can we even buy presents for ourselves? I should have asked first!

Winged

YLO, i'm not really sure at the moment. For now, probably only premade markings. I will do simple custom ones, and if i can manage to download brushes, then more. Currently i have one a few custom things like blending colours on premades but i'm not sure if i could do custom markings to order, instead of just going with what i think of. If that explains it for you, haha :)
Yeah, that's the first time i've used marking templates and i've found them really easy to use!

Wow Neo, big order! Nope, you can't buy presents for yourself, but there will be games in the thread later on, to get presents for yourself. So just 10k.

Forgot to put that the presents will defult open on the 24th, but if you would like one to open early, you may request it. But please not have everyone opening all theirs early, hopefully just some :)

Eye colour?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I enjoy making marking templates >w< I just don't have an adoptable to use them on XD Jaeman Prophecy isn't really suitable for it and Luminaria worked with non-premade markings when Solistia was running them and she requested to keep it that way. I have one more adoptable coming soon, but that is a natural colored mostly realistic one so no templates for that either.

Preseeeents >w< How shiny. I will type up a big gift list later. *busy busy coloring*
And I think I can get at least three of my characters with the premade markings, so yay! Now to actually get customs xD And I will patiently wait until I can get all of them =3

If I can enter again.. Cyan

Winged

Sure, you can enter the franken as many times as you like :) If there is only one person answering all the questions i may have to change it, but i'm pretty sure none of you guys would do that anyway.
And if you have characters, i can try the markings. Just let me know :) I'll probably be setting a bribe thread up sometime, for that.

Wing colour?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I have too many characters XD When I have some time I still need to make a thread in Notary office with all their hexes and reference pics so I don't have to dig them up each time :P

And I usually let at least one person enter before I answer again, that seems polite ^^

Neocridders

White wings

They'll look nice on a white body ;D

Winged

Claw colour?

YLO, good idea :) I only have a couple of characters, been meaning to get a few more... I like to get mimics of a horse called Lyra, i made up a character called Dark Dreams but i kinda went off her, and i like to get scottish wildcat mimics :)

I'm off to try and shove my dad off the tv, so i can watch a program that i want to see. But i may not have luck so might be back soon.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Black!

I am also watching a tv show and grooming guinea pigs at the same time. And cleaning their huge cage too. And coloring like a mad woman. Busy busy busy, yay! *prefers busy over bored big time*

Neocridders

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

XD Haha. If we had a black color already, we could add the white dorsal stripe to get a skunk-like critter.
Haha. But... she's white, so I guess that's good, so all the others will know she's not a skunk.

YourLoveOnly

Winged

She's looking good :)

Mutation? Sorry i haven't got them up yet, but hopefully you can guess? Or look at the premades in the last thread for examples.

YLO, you've given me iddeas now! For reversed animal mimics :P
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

*wants to answer that and the next one so badly* XD I have a wonderful idea now, but I don't wanna be mean and steal all the answers XD

Winged

It's okay, you've had a pretty even share each :) Almost finished this one anyway, so there'll be another one soon. Hopefully i'll get another one in tonight.

I have to brag about these photos i took earlier :) My dad lit a fire so i was playing around with settings on my camera...

Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

Maybe she'll emmit good smells, as a reverse of a skunk?

Mutation.. ears

ETA: I wonder what one YLO was going to pick...?

Winged

Ears colour?

sorry those photos are huge... i'll resize them.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Aww, late. I wanted to give it the gem mutation and make it red <3 I love white/black/red color schemes.

Ears either black or white, depending on what looks best with the marking. I trust your judgement.

The fire is pretty <3

Neocridders

Aww. :) Well, maybe we can get you the green present Which contains a custom (or a semi-custom/premade combo).

So, a green present for YLO!

YourLoveOnly

Neo you are super sweet <3 Now to debate if I'll go for black/white/red shiny or one of my characters XD
*adds you to top of her own gift list*

Shinies are good. Adoptable work is fun. Gift list after shiny adoptable work.

Neocridders

Haha. You can make either what you were thinking the franken would look like with your ideas, or whatever you want. Won't hurt my feelings either way. Or you could go for the semi-custom and premade combo. Whatever you like ;)

YourLoveOnly

I don't think I can pick what's in the present xD I think it's random.

Winged

YourLoveOnly wins the franken! I went with one black ear, one white, lol! I quite like her :)

Name and owner?
Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

YourLoveOnly

That is pretty! I'll name her Vixen, please <3

Winged

Here you go :)

Yeah, what's in the present is random. Any you're added to the list, YLO.
Owner of Gliders!

Winged

I'm going to go watch a dvd then sleeep :D See you guys tomorrow! The slow franken is open, and you can buy presents. I'll do another fast franken and a couple of games for presents tomorrow :)

ETA: I just thought of a cool twist to the slow franken, if i get enough entries... I randomise like normal to get one winner, and choose the most interesting form to get their form, for a second winner. What do you think?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

I like that ^^

Will get form typed up once mutation examples are there.

Winged

I'll get them sone tomorrow morning... how early depends on how long i sleep, lol. And now i'm off to bed :) Night!
Owner of Gliders!

jojo

I'd like to by a gold present for Neo because she said she wanted one. LOL. :D
Sending SG :D

Winged

Right, i'm here! Been updating stuff, colouring mutation examples and looking at all the stuff that's happened overnight in other threads. But now we can play a game :)

Post a picture in each of these catagories. Please no huge photos and no hotlinking.
This runs till 5:40, so just over an hours time.
- Dog in snow
- Christmas tree
- Something blue
- Something green
Make sense?

And another franken?
Gender?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Winged

Okay... that game's cancelled. I'll wait till there's someone around later, to play another one.

Body colour?
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

*could be really mean and basically create a custom since she's the only one here* XD

Winged

Haha, i wouldn't mind :) You could always gift it, or leave the last coulpe of questions to someone else? Or just keep it for yourself... that really wouldn't be too mean.
Or i could just give you a custom... i'm bored and fed up with coloring premades for now  ;D
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

XD I am fed up with coloring premades too. *glares at White Elephant game and its 37 combined premades on secundi and PI*

Winged

Haha :) I've got about 13, for the presents :) I've decided to make a big prize pot and let people choose their premades from that. Then it'll be easier for them to get something they like.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

That is shiny =3

I should start on my character reference thingies. But I am tired. *looks at bed* tempting..