SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

~Fables~ Floating into Secundi...

Started by Luv007, June 19, 2011, 08:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luv007

Check STEP TWO for updates please!

Spixy

Oh boy - I got an amazing little girl! Thank you so much luv ^__^ She's precious.

I'd love to name her Hydroxide please

Luv007

Certainly.  I figured adding two more to the game shouldn't be a problem.  :)

I'll update it in a minute.

I would also like to let herd leaders know:

If a member of your herd is absent for over a week without notification, you can make decisions and claim things in that member's place, or appoint someone else to do so for the purposed of this game.  Everyone seems very active and involved, but just in case.  Besides, ID numbers will only be given out after Step Four has been completed!

So, when you guys post your Herd Naming form, we will start the Grid Claiming.  I won't be able to do much between today and Friday, and my mother in law isn't leaving til Sunday, but then we will will settle the boys into their routine which settles me into one with my diabetes and shots and blood sugars and whatnot and then I will have a lot more energy to conquer making a website for these guys.  Summer is always the best months for me because despite three children, I get ten times more done than I normally do.  <3 for any and all step kids out there and any step parents that love those kids like their own.

CrystalAngelNeko

Herd Name: Sokanon
Herd Leader: Frozen River
Second in Command: Shara
Other Herd Members:
Sarg
White Walker
Julianna
Hydroxide

kunaisa

awww I love these!!!  I wish I had seen these before. Oh well ill just be quicker next time.. But I really like this idea!!

Luv007

I'm not home yet, guys, but I'll try to get the next event started tomorrow morning.  I've still been working on things in between dealing with the three kids, so there shouldn't be many more delays.  My mother in law will be leaving Sunday morning, and everything will go back to normal except I will have plus two kids.  ... which is actually a good thing.  My child plays well with her brothers, and they are really really good with her.

So good job, herds, on working together--  I'm impressed.

Neocridders

Herd Name: Marbled Secrets
Herd Leader: Jinx
Herd Members: Haze (second in command),
Toxic Drift,
Smoke n' Mirrors,
Bella,
Ina

Luv007

Ravvana

Herd: Sokanon
Square: C5
Terrain: Land

Luv007

*runs off to make lists to put into random.org*

Kids are watching "How to Train a Dragon".  Mother in Law sleeping on couch.  Husbandis out on the town taking test so he can join the police force.  I am hiding at my computer desk in the non-child accessable corner of my living room....

Crap.  Forgot breakfast and dishes.  I'll be back.  Swear.

Luv007

Check for updates.

Next herd may post for their square and I will run all the prizes at once.  That will give me some more time to fiddle with the details.

Neocridders

Herd: Marbled Secrets
Square:G1

That seems like a safe spot :)

CrystalAngelNeko

Square: C6

Luv007

Prizes posted!  Nothing too special yet....

Luv007

New Info Posted!

And our daily claiming game...  This is for Square E4.

To go along with the codenames of the Fables you chose, name your favorite book.  No repeats.  I will run all entries (if we have any) in 24 hours.  Simply fill this form out:

Fable Name:
Herd Name:
Favorite Book:
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

For each herd that has EVERY herd member post a favorite book, I will throw in a participation prize for the herd....

Entries:

Kahlira-Sokanon
springacres-Marbled Secrets
Goddess-Marbled Secrets
Ryuukokoro-Sokanon
Ravvana-Sokanon
CrystalAngelNeko-Sokanon
red_uni387-Marbled Secrets
Neocridders-Marbled Secrets
Spixy-Sokanon
Pinkshadow-Marbled Secrets

We're missing one entry from each herd!! And only eight minutes to go!  I'm going to get the kids up from nap and I'll be back to run the results!

Kahlira

Can anyone enter that, or is it just for the leader?

Luv007

Anyone can enter, but only the leader can name what kind of terrain it will be.  Make sense?

Within the herds, the squares belong to the HERD.  The prize belongs to the user specifically who claims the square.  The terrain and square belong to the herd (hence the herd leader being in charge here).

And we will have to make some kind of rule about herd leaders in case they dissappear without notice...  But everyone may participate in daily claimings!

Kahlira

Fable Name: Julianna
Favorite Book: Exile's Honor
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

springacres

Fable Name: Smoke 'n Mirrors
Favorite Book: Currently, probably Dark Prince.
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Kahlira

oo, I like that one, Dark Desire is probably my favorite out of the series though.

springacres

Oh, yeah, Dark Desire is awesome too.  I've only read through Dark Magic but I can't wait to get my hands on more.

Goddesss

Fable Name: Bella
Favorite Book: A Maiden's Grave (only because it is what I am reading now)
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Ryuukokoro

Fable Name: White Walker
Favorite Book: His Majesty's Dragon
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Ravvana

Fable Name: Shara
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
(HL/SC only)Terrain: Land

Kahlira

I think I have the whole series laying around here, somewhere.

BUT! You should read them all! Epic awesome happens which will change/shake up the whole Carpathian people and seriously, I read it and went O.O Oh Em Gee! over it... Dark Predator I think it is? xD Won't ruin it for ya, but expect the unexpected in that one xD

CrystalAngelNeko

Fable Name: Frozen River
Favorite Book: The Last Unicorn
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

red_uni387

Fable Name: Haze
Favorite Book: The Golden Tree
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Luv007

Exile's Honor is Mercedes Lackey? I'm familiar with her.  I'm going to have to google the others.  Sounds like I just got a big list of good books to read.....

Kahlira

Yep, Exile's Honor is Mercedes Lackey XD

Dark Prince is Christine Feehan.

Peter S Beagle did the last Unicorn

And those are the ones I know *is so full of fail*

Luv007

You still did better than me! I love "The Last Unicorn" movie, but I've never seen the book. I'm def going to have to look them up when my internet stops being stupid.... I'm on my phone now.

Kahlira

The book is so much better then the movie, though I say this of most movies that I've read the book first, but I love them both =D

Neocridders

Fable Name:Jinx
Herd Name:Marbled Secrets
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring
(HL/SC only)Terrain:Water

Ryuukokoro

If you love Lackey I definitely suggest the series that starts with His Majesty's Dragon. Author is Naomi Novik, there's 7 in the series so far. Although the plots are very different, Novik creates a great world where everything fits together and is significant, and the characters are unique and memorable, which is all stuff I love Lackey for. ^^

His Majesty's Dragon takes place in the Napoleonic wars of England vs. France. But rather than fighting the war on the ground or at sea, in this reality the armies fight on the backs of intelligent dragons. I love the combining of historic fiction and fantasy. Novik is a master. ^_^

Luv007

@Kahlira- I agree.... I was horrified at how bad they slaughtered the Eragon movie.  I'll have to pick the book up one day soon!

@Ryuu-  I haven't read Lackey in a while, but I loved her books, especially the Elvenblood series written with Andre Norton.  I never have time for reading anymore, but everytime I look at the books on my shelves, it takes  me back by memory.  His Magesty's Dragon sounds interesting... I'll have to look into it.  My husband says no more books.... He has really bad dyslexia, so I read them to him at night sometimes, but other than that he doesn't read at all.  Actually, our last book was the Elvenblood book by Lackey.  Lol.  Books= <3 in my world.  Movies= <3 in his world, but he still is very patient and seems to enjoy when I read the book aloud to him.

Ryuukokoro

Aww I looooooooved the Elvenblood series as a kid.

You should try audiobooks! ^^ You can even play them in the car to/from work, and no reading required!

Luv007

I still love it.  Lol.  That's how he passed high school.  He got books on tape.  He's incredibly intelligent, but you wouldn't know it by the way he reads or writes.  And since he can't spell anything, he has a harder time than usual pronouncing words.  So it's weird that a grammatical freak like me fell for him.  Technically he has CP, but it is so mild that his mother managed to keep in out of his medical records and he just finished serving 8 yrs in military.  So long as he doesn't have to read out loud or type something without spell check and someone to read it themselves, he functions just like anyone else.  He's left handed and had to have his right leg lengthened as a child.  Still has the scar.  But he never talks about it.  It's quite interesting to me as a diabetic bc I can't keep my diabetes a secret in RL, but for a while, his career depended on no one finding out about it.

x.x -I got sidetracked.

I read Elvenblood in middle school and the whole series just made me fall in love with the complexity of the books.  I love how detailed everything is and even now as I read it, I marvel at details I had forgotten.  I love kids, horse, and books... and art, but I'm not very good at the art side of things.

Spixy

Fable Name: Hydroxide
Favorite Book: Aaah, I've got so many. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead? Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost? Ranger's Apprentice.. So many choices XD
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Pinkshadow

Fable Name: Ina
Favorite Book: The Twilight Saga; Breaking Dawn
(HL/SC only)Terrain:

Neocridders

Sorry about the wait. We're trying to figure stuff out. XD
Herd: Marbled Secrets
Square:G2
Terrain: Land.

So let's go for another land piece.

Ravvana

Square: C7
Terrain: Water

Luv007

*opens up random.org*

Winner of grid square E4 is......  Kahlira of Sokanon Herd with Land Terrain!

Our Random.org List:

Kahlira-Sokanon
    Pinkshadow-Marbled Secrets
    Ryuukokoro-Sokanon
    springacres-Marbled Secrets
    CrystalAngelNeko-Sokanon
    Goddess-Marbled Secrets
    Ravvana-Sokanon
    Spixy-Sokanon

Timestamp: 2011-06-27 18:03:36 UTC

Ryuukokoro

Luv007

Prizes posted!  I'll post the next game as soon as I can come up with one...

Keep claiming grid squares and remember that breeding will open in six days!

Luv007

And our daily claiming game...  This is for Square B2.

Since Fables are such an interactive pet, I want to know about YOUR fable!  I would like everyone to post a little intro for their Fable.  It may be in the form of just some jotted notes, or a sheet filled out with everything from name, to age, to personality, or it may just be a little piece written in character.  Just give me an idea what your Fable is all about.

If every memeber of a herd enters, I will give out a free square.  If every member can't and you post a link to an RP between three or more herd members with each herd member having at least two posts within the RP, I will also give out a free square.  I'm going to make you work for this one!!

I will judge this in two ways.  First, I will choose the Fable whose personality I "feel" most to win a grid square.  Second, I will run all other participants for Twisted Nesting Straw.

24 hours- This will close at Jun 27, 2011 14:00 o'clock.

Entries:
Kahlira-Sokanon
Ravvana-Sokanon
CrystalAngelNeko-Sokanon
BabyKittenCandy-Sokanon

WINNER for Square B2 is KAHLIRA of Sokanon!

I really felt like you wrote your character in a way that she would speak about herself and gave her some special personality quirks at the same time.  It seems like you are very comfortable with who she is as a Fable.  Congrats.

WINNER for the Twisted Nesting Straw is red_uni387 of Marbled Secrets.

Also, I just want to say that Neo came in a very close second to Kahlira... so I'd like to award you a second Twisted Nesting Straw.

Herd Sokanon also won a square, but I wasn't sure what to do with the prize.   I decided that the member who took initiative and started the RP should take home the prize, so Ryuu.... You get the prize from whichever square is claimed by your herd.

Also, how does everyone feel about letting a herd leader act in the place of one herd member during their absense for daily competitions?  Would everyone be willing to give their herd leader that honor?  HL, would you take on that responsibility?  Or would you rather just see it left alone?

Kahlira

Yay!

Hmm... About Julianna. She's honestly a bit of an airhead, who would rather be chasing butterflies then getting down to business and such. She's a quiet one, and normally likes to let others make decisions for her. She hates conflicts, and should a conflict arise in her herd or around her, she walks away until it is resolved. She can go days without speaking to a single other creature, just watching and walking around. She likes to play. And one of her very most favorite games is splash, where she takes a running jump into the water and splashes anything nearby, though hopefully it's not another Fable from her herd, normally they stay away when she plays.

She can be serious at times, but during those times she doesn't seem to be believed, especially when she is covered in said water after a splash.

Her most favorite snack in the whole world are those tiny sweet apples, if you give her one, she will follow you around wishing for more and more.

Bah, age wise, I think of her as just a bit older then a teenager in human terms, so maybe 21 if i could compare her to human ages, an age where you question everything, but still want everything childlike, and wish to go back to said childhood.

I think of her often. There's a lot more I could say, her favorite color is the green of the pine tree after a summer storm, her favorite hiding place is a tiny little spot behind said pine tree. Her favorite tree.. You guessed it, the pine tree XD She likes pines, what can I say?

Editing in: Julianna really doesn't care what you call her, just don't call her late to dinner! She goes by Julianna, Julie, Anna, Lianne and sometimes, oddly enough, Chloe. I haven't figured that last one out, myself.

Luv007

@Kah-Very, very cute.

*needs to make some sort of inventory outside of this thread....  I suppose that means I should start making an actual website of some sort for them....*

Ravvana

Shara is very intelligent and can come up to a solution to almost any problem. However, she is also quite introverted, and as a result has a hard time forming bonds with other Fables. She has to be coerced into playing games and having fun, preferring more serious pastimes when given the choice. However, as a result of being elected second in command of her herd, she is trying to put herself out there. She reads other Fables very quickly but very intuitively -- with, admittedly, a few misinterpretations of character along the way.

Her favorite season is fall, and as such she prefers rich autumn shades. She has simple needs, requiring little more than grass, water, shelter, and a bit of mental stimulation to be happy. Although one time she ate this thing called a "peppermint," and she thinks that was pretty much the best thing ever.

While Shara is content to be alone, being in a herd makes her feel more at ease. Much of her past in unknown, but she is approximately 25 in human years. She is not one for nicknames or terms of endearment, so "Shara" is all she will answer to.

CrystalAngelNeko

Frozen River, for one, would like to point out that you can just call him Frost. It's less of a mouth full and rolls of the tongue better then FR or something equally as dumb would. He's pretty stern and unmoving, you can even call him thick headed. His way is always the right way to him.

He's an older Fable, not quite an elder, but neither as young as he use to be (think the Fable equivalent of 40). Don't let that full you, though. He's as tough, if not tougher then any of the young, rambunctious stallions. He has experience to hold above their strength, and wisdom to challenge their bronze, and he uses this to keep his herd safe.

When Frost is actually letting his guard down for a moment, maybe his second in command is making him rest, he's actually quite kind. He loves playing with and teaching the stories, maybe even telling them a few 'old man' jokes, or telling them stories of his past when he was about their age.

When he was a young stallion, he was quite the loner traveling and fighting and being just a thickheaded as ever. Do to this though, he has seen quite a bit and there for has a wide rang of know hows.

His favorite thing to munch on would be, believe it or not, sugar cubes! He's a sucker for their yummy sweetness, and he enjoys them with a childish fever because he doesn't come by them often. His favorite season is winter (duh) and his favorite holiday is Christmas (all about the little stories you know ♥).

CrystalAngelNeko

QuoteAlso, how does everyone feel about letting a herd leader act in the place of one herd member during their absence for daily competitions?  Would everyone be willing to give their herd leader that honor?  HL, would you take on that responsibility?  Or would you rather just see it left alone?

If I was a normal herd member, I wouldn't mind letting my HL acting in my place =P It would give my herd an extra chance a winning something~ Which is always good. Unless its an RP DC like today... then I would kind of mind because I wouldn't want someone controlling my character >3> (unless they as HL would be doing an extra post or something for themselves... or... something...)

As HL I have no problem acting in the place of one of my herd members ^.^ It means we have a little more of a chance, and that is always good! Now I can't promise I will always remember tho =P but the option to do so would be nice~

Luv007

Quote from: CrystalAngelNeko on June 27, 2011, 06:30:09 PM
QuoteAlso, how does everyone feel about letting a herd leader act in the place of one herd member during their absence for daily competitions?  Would everyone be willing to give their herd leader that honor?  HL, would you take on that responsibility?  Or would you rather just see it left alone?

If I was a normal herd member, I wouldn't mind letting my HL acting in my place =P It would give my herd an extra chance a winning something~ Which is always good. Unless its an RP DC like today... then I would kind of mind because I wouldn't want someone controlling my character >3> (unless they as HL would be doing an extra post or something for themselves... or... something...)

As HL I have no problem acting in the place of one of my herd members ^.^ It means we have a little more of a chance, and that is always good! Now I can't promise I will always remember tho =P but the option to do so would be nice~

Good points!  I think RP entries would be exclusive to each herd, but maybe as a herd grows, HL can respond for up to 1 member of their herds per 10 Fables in the herd?  Just an extra response when it comes to something like the random.org post like yesterday.  Almost like a herd leader gets a free pass for one of the members so long as the herd leader participates his/herself?