News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Breeding suggestions needed plz

Started by kunaisa, March 29, 2011, 03:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunaisa

Not sure who I should breed Onyxa to.. Any Ideas??

an arab
maybe an Apaloosa
i like palomino and dun colors
Tabiano
Overo

I might breed Onyxa to my arab male (http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/9-644.png) just to see what happens

YourLoveOnly

Depends on what kind of coats you like and if you want to breed a pure Arab or a Grade.

Winged

Yeah, i would have a look at what coats you like. However, breeding to a double cream stallion (xenons perhaps?) would give cream, and possibly double cream which is gorgeous. But i would think about what coats are your favourite.
Owner of Gliders!

toffeeca

If you want to breed to an Arab then appaloosa and tobiano are out since they have not yet been introduced to Arabs. You can get a single cream (it will be guaranteed if you breed to a double cream) but there is no way to get a double cream when your girl does not have a cream gene. Keilin has her Don'chavein who is palomino dun so you would have a chance at both of those, I don't know what cream arabs came out this season, so there might be a better fit with one of those. :)

Keilin Alyr

Winged: Double cream would be impossible when breeding a solid black parent to a double-cream parent. Both parents need to have the cream gene for that to be possible. She would be guaranteed a single-cream foal though.

Kunaisa: Regarding the traits you've listed, tobiano and appaloosa are still only available on Gypsy Vanners at the moment. Your boy does show all of the traits that you're interested in, so it couldn't hurt to breed Onyxa with him.

EDIT: Heh, I see toffeeca beat me to the reply and said everything that needed to be said far more eloquently. XD

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

kunaisa

thanks everyone!! sorry im new at this

Kahlira

*grins* In all honesty I have no clue what I'm doing with breedings. My theory is pretty x pretty = pretty.

I think your gal would look especially nice if paired with your boy.

kunaisa

Kahlira: thanks yea thats what I was thinking