News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

SerendiPonies April Thread -- Introducing Babies!

Started by bewilderness, April 05, 2010, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewilderness

April events thread!

First off, I'd like to say I'm really sorry for taking so long to get updates done.  I've been really sick.    I will get things updated this week.

I would also like to introduce a new item--the magical Unishell.  This item is used when breeding.  When placed in the mare's stable, the baby will be the same breed as the parents but it will have a unicorn horn.

Banners available-- Both large and small version.  If you would like a banner with your SerendiPony(ies) on it, post or pm.

Current Events:
Customs
Babies Auction

Website--http://hiddendoors.webs.com/serendiponies.html

----------------------------------

bewilderness

MadLibs Game!

Opens:  Now
Closes:  April 12 at 12:00

Fill out the following form and post in this thread.  Winner will get to choose between a breeding bauble, a Unishell, or the following female Earthen SerendiPony.  2nd place will get to choose after that and then 3rd place will get the remaining prize.  Funniest wins 1st place.  2nd and 3rd will be chosen using random.org.

1.  Adjective
2.  Noun
3.  Adjective
4.  Noun
5.  Verb ending in -ing
6.  Noun
7.  A Favorite Food
8.  Insect (plural)
9.  Drink
10.  Adjective
11.  Number greater than 1
12.  Adjective
13.  Plural noun

indigowulf

yay!! *waits patiently like a good girl*
nevermind, that's to boring and hard!
*runs around waving hands in the air and squealing like Animal on the drums*

bewilderness

lol

Okay, first up...drawing for a Unishell.  Ends April 9 at 13:00.  To enter, simply post "Pick Me!".

YourLoveOnly

indigowulf

sera

Ryuukokoro

red_uni387

kasatsu

Dawn Angel

Dawn Angel

Echowing

bewilderness

New contest!  Check out second post for MadLibs instructions. :D

red_uni387

Neocridders

For the mad lib contest, how is this judged? On how close to the right blank it is, or how funny it is? Or is it just random?
I personally play it with random, funny answers because it is honestly so much fun to hear silly, outrageous things! :)

1.  Adjective - Creamy
2.  Noun - Pikachu
3.  Adjective - Polka-dotted
4.  Noun -Dragon
5.  Verb ending in -ing - Fishing
6.  Noun - Crow
7.  A Favorite Food - sushi
8.  Insect (plural) - lady bug
9.  Drink - Pepsi
10.  Adjective - Nasty
11.  Number greater than 1 - 6.02 x 10^23 (avogadro's number)
12.  Adjective - bazarre
13.  Plural noun - children

bewilderness

*slaps forehead*  I forgot about putting how it was judged.  I think I'll go with funniest for first place and then random for second and third.

Neocridders

Echowing

1.  Adjective - Sparkly
2.  Noun - Shrub
3.  Adjective - Evil
4.  Noun - Chainsaw
5.  Verb ending in -ing - Poking
6.  Noun - Chopstick
7.  A Favorite Food - Calamari
8.  Insect (plural) - Mosquitoes
9.  Drink - Egg-Nog
10.  Adjective - Invisible
11.  Number greater than 1 - 28
12.  Adjective - Delicious
13.  Plural noun - Appendages

Dun, dun, dun~ Can't wait to see what this is x3

kasatsu

- Madlib -

1.  Adjective - Smooth
2.  Noun - England
3.  Adjective - Victorious
4.  Noun - House
5.  Verb ending in -ing - Running
6.  Noun - Cat
7.  A Favorite Food - Ramen
8.  Insect (plural) - Grasshoppers
9.  Drink - Coffee
10. Adjective - Uneven
11. Number greater than 1 - 74
12. Adjective - Clever
13. Plural noun - Boxes

<3

indigowulf

1.  Adjective- bright
2.  Noun- tube
3.  Adjective- squeaky
4.  Noun- racoon
5.  Verb ending in -ing- snoring
6.  Noun- mushroom
7.  A Favorite Food- chocolate
8.  Insect (plural)- mantis
9.  Drink- lemonaid
10.  Adjective- swirly
11.  Number greater than 1- 16
12.  Adjective- bored
13.  Plural noun- hair ties

sera

1. Fabulous
2. Mountain Pony
3. Petite
4. Bat
5. Dropping
6. Tongue
7. Sushi
8. Bees
9. Latte
10. Frothy
11. 12
12. Pale purply-green
13. Pencils

SeaCrest

1.  Adjective - Old
2.  Noun - Sock
3.  Adjective - Tired
4.  Noun - Magician
5.  Verb ending in -ing - Running
6.  Noun - Floor
7.  A Favorite Food - Eggplant
8.  Insect (plural) - Bees
9.  Drink - Pomegranate juice
10.  Adjective - Giant
11.  Number greater than 1 - 3892
12.  Adjective - Pale
13.  Plural noun - Fruit bats

bewilderness

Oh, these are gonna be great!  *cackles*  ;D

-------------------
Okay, for the drawing for the Unishell, these were the numbers assigned:

1.  YLO
2.  indigowulf
3.  sera
4.  Ryuu
5.  red_uni387
6.  kasatsu
7.  Dawn Angel
8.  Echowing

I went to random.org.  And the winning number is:

Number 6!  Kasatsu!  Congrats! ^_^

bewilderness

Still one day left for the mad libs!

bewilderness

Mad Libs is over.  Oh, boy, the judging is going to be hard.  Here is the needed information and the story, then I'll post everyone's story.  Judging will probably be tomorrow.

1.  Adjective
2.  Noun
3.  Adjective
4.  Noun
5.  Verb ending in -ing
6.  Noun
7.  A Favorite Food
8.  Insect (plural)
9.  Drink
10.  Adjective
11.  Number greater than 1
12.  Adjective
13.  Plural noun

It was a ____1____ day, a day for adventure, a day for ____2____.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a ____3____ quest.   The ponies were looking for ____4____.  The day was perfect; the clouds were ____5____.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge ____6____.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had ____7____ and ____8____ to eat and ____9____ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant ____10____ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found ____11____ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was ____12____ ____13____.

bewilderness

Neocridders's story:
It was a _Creamy_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _Pikachu_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _Polka-dotted_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _Dragon_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _Fishing_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _Crow_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _sushi_ and _lady bug_ to eat and _Pepsi_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _Nasty_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _6.02 x 10^23 (avogadro's number)_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _bazarre_ _children_.

Echowing's story:
It was a _Sparkly_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _Shrub_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _Evil_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _Chainsaw_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _Poking_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _Chopstick_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _Calamari_ and _Mosquitoes_ to eat and _Egg-Nog_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _Invisible_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _28_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _Delicious_ _Appendages_.

kasatsu's story:
It was a _Smooth_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _England_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _Victorious_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _House_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _Running_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _Cat_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _Ramen_ and _Grasshoppers_ to eat and _Coffee_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _Uneven_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _74_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _Clever_ _Boxes_.

indigowulf's story:
It was a _bright_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _tube_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _squeaky_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _racoon_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _snoring_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _mushroom_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _chocolate_ and _mantis_ to eat and _lemonaid_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _swirly_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _16_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _bored_ _hair ties_.

sera's story:
It was a _Fabulous_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _Mountain Pony_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _Petite_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _Bat_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _Dropping_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _Tongue_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _Sushi_ and _Bees_ to eat and _Latte_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _Frothy_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _12_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _Pale purply-green_ _Pencils_.

SeaCrest's story:
It was a _Old_ day, a day for adventure, a day for _Sock_.  A group of SerendiPonies were gathered together to go on a _Tired_ quest.   The ponies were looking for _Magician_.  The day was perfect; the clouds were _Running_.  The ponies headed out.  They crossed over the plains, and fought a huge _Floor_.  Toward the middle of the day, they stopped for lunch.  It was a picnic!  They had _Eggplant_ and _Bees_ to eat and _Pomegranate juice_ to drink.  Then they headed toward the distant _Giant_ mountains.  By evening they reached the mountains and found _3892_ treasure chests.  At last they would find the treasure!  But when they opened the treasure chests, all they found was _Pale_ _Fruit bats_.

bewilderness

Now introducing...babies!  I'll be auctioning these off one at a time.  It may be a month or two before they hit the next stage...the graphics for the next stage aren't finished yet.  I will also have for sale soon Forever Young stones that you can use to keep your pony in the Stage 1 (Newborn) or Stage 2 (Foal) baby stages (these are at stage 1--Newborn).  Here are the babies:

--------------------------------------------------

Up for auction is the little pegasus boy.  This auction is only for this pony...the other two will be auctioned later.  Starts now and ends April 14th at 12:00.  Starting bid is 20k.

YourLoveOnly

Solistia

bewilderness

Results for MadLibs!

First place is Neocridders!
Second place is indigowulf!
Third place is sera!

Thanks everyone for playing!  :)

bewilderness

Winner of the baby boy pegasus is Solistia with a high bid of 75k. :)

-----------------------------
Next up for auction is the baby female dragonpony.  This auction is only for this pony...the other pony will be auctioned later.  Starts now and ends April 16th at 12:00.  Starting bid is 20k.

Solistia

Hooray!! ^o^
payment sent, and I'd like to name him Starlight :3

sera

Yay! Thank you for the unishell! 

25k on the auction. ^^

indigowulf

bewilderness

Indigowulf is the winner of the dragon girl at 50k.  What would you like to name her?

-----------------------------

Next up for auction is the baby male Earthen pony.   Starts now and ends April 19th at 12:00.  Starting bid is 20k.

sera

Whoops, forgot to bid again on the lovely dragon. xD;;;

And 20k, since i apparently forgot to bid as well. *headdesk* xD;

indigowulf

Id like to name her "Times Before" please, sending funds now. And bidding 25K on male purple earthy baby.

bewilderness

Indigowulf is the winner of the baby Earthy male.   What would you like to name him?

sera

Snot it! xD;;;; Sorry, bewilderness.  ^^; i was totally going to bid more. xD;;

indigowulf

hehe all your serendiponies are belong to me! :P just kidding, Ill sit a couple out I promise!

Can I please name him "Stars Collide"

funds sent.

bewilderness

Hey guys, SerendiPonies may be going on hiatus for 2 or 3 weeks soon...I'm fixing to move but not sure when, still trying to get the paperwork all worked out, but will probably be within the next month.  I'll still be working on the next baby stage, but events might be limited as I get everything packed and moved.  Ahh, real life  ::) lol.  I'm not looking forward to the moving (I hate moving!) but am looking forward to the new place, it's much bigger and there's a swimming pool.  ;D