Dark Castle/Night Kennels Game Show Event ~Over, Prize Claim Starting Now

Started by Dunkel.Prinzessin204, July 08, 2010, 10:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sera

lol Hit enter too soon, sorry for double post. xD;  i'm not sure if editing is allowed, though? i couldn't find anything in the rules about it. xD  Ah, well, guess i'll stick with my joke guess. xD;;;  *trots off to feed baby!* ^^

Goddesss

Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo?

Keilin Alyr

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Well I didn't say it was wrong did I? And Sera nope but good one.

Ryuukokoro

*looks confused* So how are we supposed to move on to the next question if you're not saying whether the answers are right or wrong?

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

We won't be moving on until the time limit is up. It's the only way I could think of to have a game show contest that allowed everyone the chance to try and answer.

Keilin Alyr

But most game shows I've seen would move on after a right answer was stated, to keep the pace going and keep viewership. Especially with a 4 hour time limit, you'll probably lose people. =\

No longer has zombie eyeballs. May still have a craving for brains, as there's no intelligence or sanity left in hers. XD

Goddesss

I missed you put those.  So if it is wrong you will say so but if it is right you will sorta say something like you did to her answer?

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

True but I can't think of a way for all the people who signed up to participate without having at least a four hour time limit in order to allow them some time to be on. This question is actually kind of a test question for the time limit and to gauge how many people are actually going to participate. After I figure that out I will adjust accordingly.

Edit: Yup Goddess especially since the question will be up for awhile

Goddesss

hmmm and you can answer more than once if you get it wrong or no?  If so what is to keep everyone from getting it right and everyone having the same amount of points?

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

You can only answer once and hopefully the time limit will help level the playing field once I figure out what a good one is.

Ryuukokoro

Uh... okay... Yeah, so how do you choose a winner? When the time limit is up, everyone who got the right answer is put in a raffle to decide the winner? Or does everyone get a point for that round?

Although since you say a definite 'no' to the wrong answers and a waffling response to the right answers, it becomes kinda obvious who gets it right, anyway.

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Yup Random.org decides who gets the full points, although whoever got it first gets to choose the next question no matter what.

Edit: Sorry guys I should have explained it better.  :-\ I apologize for not being clearer in what is going to happen.

Neocridders

Maybe it would work better if you didn't mention who is right or wrong, or that someone may be right... This is a little confusing XD but that's ok. Hmm, i will be asleep when this is over then.

Goddesss

ah ok I didnt realize that.  sounds fun.

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Neocridders on July 12, 2010, 10:42:22 PM
Maybe it would work better if you didn't mention who is right or wrong, or that someone may be right... This is a little confusing XD but that's ok. Hmm, i will be asleep when this is over then.

*nods* I agree, the only way that it's fair is if you don't make any comments on who is right or wrong. Otherwise no one will answer until the 'right' answer is figured out, then everyone will just say that one.

Now that the way rounds will go is explained and some bugs worked out, I think it will work. :) But it will take a long time if we're waiting 12 hours between each round lol...

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

It's only going to be 12 hours for this first one. After that I'm thinking 2-4 hours. I'm also going to hold off on saying who got it right as well.

indigowulf

indigowulf

the problem with the question is, it has more then 1 correct answer!

Goddesss

Yea there were a few I could think of too.   I dont think Transformers is Japanese Animation though

sera

The original Transformers is official Japanese animation. ^^  i can't guarantee for all of the offshoots, but the original was. ^^

Goddesss

oh that is interesting.  I didnt know that.  I dont know much about it though.  Asked my husband for help.

jojo

Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon R, Sailor Moon S?

and I suppose Sailor Moon SuperS ^^;

Last year, I watched the entirety of Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R, it was actually pretty addicting to watch haha

sera

Dude, i /love/ Sailormoon. xD;;;  The original bad guys were actually SCARY (ZOMBIEMOM,WOTTHESNOT), and i just love the sheer, iono, lack of logic they so often use. xD;  i keep trying to get it off of netflix, but they never have the dvds in. . . xD;

jojo

Yeah! The lack of logic totally makes the show fun to watch. I love how when Sailor Moon is in trouble, all Tuxedo Mask has to do is show up and deliver some awesome one-liner, and Sailor Moon is like strong again. Haha. ^^ And then he leaves immediately! I love it! XD

sera

hehe i'm totally inspired by one-liners from my bishounen. xD;;;;;

i will admit the whole 'he's in college and she's, like, 13' really bothers me sometimes. xD;;;

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Okay and times up!  The answer I was looking for was Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo. Now to see who get the points. For this first one everyone who listed a show I love will at least get 50 points. So basically everyone gets at least 50 points for the first question.  As soon as Keilin Alyr  gets back on we'll have a new question.

Neocridders

This game cunfuzzles me to no end. Someone else comes up with the question? What if (not saying anyone would) the person making the question came up with a question only one other person knew the answer to. (Or, only one other person would guess).
Then, the only person that would know the answer would make a new question that the last person would know. So then we have the two of them going back and forth with each other winning all the points...?

>.< I'm sorry. I don't mean to put down the concept of this game. I'm just so confused. But that's just me. I'm amazingly stupid this week.

Wheeee. *waits for next question* It's still fun, and it's still a nice thing for you to do to hold a giveaway. I think I need to get back to school for my mind's sake.

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Nope someone else picks the category and for how many points.

Neocridders

Oh! I get it! So it's more fair and gets to categories others might know. I like that. Oooooh.

Sunchaser

Keilin Alyr

*rubs sleep out of eyes*

Sorry about that, my husband has been sick the past few days, so sleep for both of us has been relatively nonexistent as he's coughing up a lung every half-hour or so. But I'm here. =)

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Okay Pick a category and for how many points. Oh yeah before I for get Random.org chose goddesss as the winner of the points.

Keilin Alyr

Ryuukokoro

Goddesss

Dunkel.Prinzessin204

Okay for 300 points What is that?

Just tell me what you think it is! The more specific the better!

Edit: Ack I forgot the Time limit um 3 hours? Yeah 3 hours!

Goddesss

Mutt

I think I see paws... to me that looks like a dog leaping up ... one with a lot of fur. I'm going to say a Newfoundland because I saw one on a movie I watched the other day XD

jojo

Umm! It looks like the top of some animal's head, cause those flappy things look like ears. Maybe a... moose? A female or baby one? XD; no idea XD;

Neocridders

They look like some sort dark, furry dog.
Newfoundland maybe? >.> I am struggling to see the face, so I dunno.

indigowulf

my first thought was it was a water buffalo, but now I think Im seeing a black dog jumping, probly for a frizbee or stick.

Keilin Alyr

Kind of reminds me of a longer-haired version of Garney's dog. I'm not familiar with dog breeds, but it does look like a big one. Unless the camera angle is weird. =)

sera

sera has to agree with bandwagon on this one. xD;  Looks like a dog's front paws, and i can't guess better than Newfoundland.  ^^

Ryuukokoro

Yup, Ryuu agrees with the masses! As soon as I saw those big black paws, my brain said "Doggie!" And for breed I'm going to guess it's a Newfoundland on his hind legs.

Ravvana

I see some kind of black bird, like a raven, with a unicorn horn? *still crazy from jet lag*

Ryuukokoro

Quote from: Ravvana on July 13, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
I see some kind of black bird, like a raven, with a unicorn horn? *still crazy from jet lag*

0_0 That sounds incredibly awesome Rav. *whips out her sketchbook*

Ravvana

See, see, it's a raven with a unicorn horn ;) I'm... not... completely crazy?

jojo

Can we say NEW ADOPTABLE?
I'd totally go for one of those. Haha.

Goddesss

Hahaha I thought what you think is a horn was spit.