News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

*Luminaria* Events Closed - Come claim your pets!

Started by YourLoveOnly, December 17, 2010, 12:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YourLoveOnly

Welcome to Luminaria, a place where moonlight gathers and magical creatures live.
Will you travel with us to the Luminaria and take a pet home with you?

owned by Solistia - managed by PonyMama and YourLoveOnly - all artwork by Solistia
~~~~~~

We are back with some Christmas fun! Lots of fun games and events are scheduled, we hope you will join us <3

On a less fun note, we are currently finishing up all the certings from the big 1 SG raffle. All pets not claimed from there will be rehomed in the new year.

YourLoveOnly

Christmas Eve is a perfect night to spend time with family & friends, play games and get presents! We are combining all of those things in a game of White Elephant, a gift swapping game known by many different names.

Sign-ups
- It will cost 10K per slot
- There is a limit of three slots per person
- Each slot has room for one present
- Each present will get you one premade pet
- To join, post 'Username' - 'Amount of Slots' in bold and green
- Send SG to YourLoveOnly immediately after posting

You can sign up until Dec 20 03:00 secundi time

Playing Order
1. Goddesss -
2. Winged dreams -
3. hiyoko
4. SeaCrest -
5. Neocridders
6. toffeeca
7. jojo080889
8. Ryuukokoro

The Game - Rules & Explanation
- At the beginning there will be a pile with wrapped presents equal to the amount of slots. Each present hides a pet. The pet inside is random, it doesn't have to resemble the wrapping in any way.
- Playing order is randomly determined at the start of the game. This order is followed when a present is picked from the pile.
- First player picks a present from the pile and opens it
- When it's your turn you can pick between a. stealing a previously opened present from another user OR b. picking a new one from the pile and opening it.
- If you get a gift stolen from you then it's immediately your turn again. If you want to steal a gift you may take any unfrozen gift except the one that was just stolen from you.
- A gift can only get stolen three times. I will keep track of this publicly. Once it gets stolen three times it "freezes". The person who owns the frozen gift at that point will keep it.
- The game ends once the pile is empty and all the presents have opened. The gift you have at that point is the one you will keep.
- Once it's your turn, please make sure you respond within 24 hours. If you don't we will skip you the first time and if it happens again we will have to remove you from the game.  
^ The last rule is void between the 24th and 26th to make sure everyone can enjoy their real life Christmas celebrations

How To Play
- I will post in the thread telling whose turn it is. If it's your turn you do one of the following:
a. You post 'I want to open [insert present number]' in bold and green OR
b. You post 'I want to steal [insert present number] from [insert user]' in bold and red
- I will post again to open the present or transfer the stolen gift, then announce whose turn it is next

All the presents will be posted in the next post before the game starts. Once we are playing the post will keep track of which presents are opened and unopened, who currently has what gift in their posession, how many times it has been stolen and if it's frozen or not.

YourLoveOnly

Claiming Your Present

Name:
Owner:
Present # you got:
Link to pet inside:

Click on the present that has your name next to it to see your pet and copy its link. Gifting your new pet is allowed and you may also trade them. If you gift or arrange trades, just fill out the form as usual but put a different owner. The person that won the present must submit the certing form! Make sure to name the pet within 30 days or it will seek a home elsewhere.

Already Owned Presents
(click on a present to see what's inside)
Present - Current Owner - Times Stolen - Available/Frozen
- hiyoko - 0 - Available
- SeaCrest - 0 - Available
- jojo080889 - 0 - Available
- Winged dreams - 0 - Available
- Goddesss - 0 - Available
- Winged dreams - 0 - Available
- jojo080889 - 1 - Available
- hiyoko - 3 - Frozen
- Ryuukokoro - 0 - Available
- toffeeca - 0 - Available
- Neocridders - 0 - Available
- Winged dreams - 2 - Available
- hiyoko - 0 - Available
- Ryuukokoro - 0 - Available
- Neocridders - 0 - Available
- jojo080889 - 0 - Available
- SeaCrest - 0 - Available
- Neocridders - 1 - Available
- Ryuukokoro - 1 - Available
- SeaCrest - 2 - Available

YourLoveOnly

This game is against YLO's better judgement, since she is still struggling with the fabric patchwork Lumi from a PI event, but it was a fun event so here we go again.. Blame Ryuu!

This is a little Franken-like game.. With a twist! This little blank Lumi girl got left out of Christmas celebrations. The other Luminaria excluded her because she was too plain. How mean! Let's help her ^_^

We are going to decorate this girl with pieces of wrapping paper. The amount she needs is unknown. The person who posts that final piece she needs will win her!

How To Play
* You can do this once a day. Only one picture per post.
* Copy the following code and start your post with it: [size=12pt][color=gold][b]Wrapping Paper[/b][/color][/size]
* Post a picture of some wrapping paper.
* Non-hotlinked pictures, please. Make the picture a clickable link if it's really big.

PonyMama

PonyMama

http://pm.lasolistia.com/Luminaria/Secundi-Owners/

~~~~~~

Naming

To name your Luminaria please post this form in thread:

Name:
Owner:
LINK: (Full link please no image and don't hide it in a word)

(All Luminaria must be named within a month or the Luminaria will seek a home elsewhere)

YourLoveOnly

You may now post! :D

(yes, for real this time xD)

hiyoko

YourLoveOnly

Hiyoko you got your slots :)

Kunaisa, I am afraid a slot costs 10K, which means 10,000 SG and not 10 SG.
You can still join the stocking event and we plan to run more quick and free events too.

Stockings will be colored when I feel like it, but will be delivered no later than Dec 26.

YourLoveOnly

Kunaisa, hiyoko paid for your slots! :D
So you'll get to join after all ^^

*pokes secundi forum* Join people, join!

YourLoveOnly

hiyoko

springacres

YourLoveOnly

Added ^^ Although I am not sure if we can play if we don't get more people to sign up.. I don't think it really works with so few players.

Will ask PonyMama how she wants to handle certing, we are posting them in the thread on PI but I don't know what she wants to do over here (post here or keep the old certing thread going).

PonyMama

post here with the form, I have not posted yet...Sorry been a LONG couple days.  There was a buzz in my house for the last three days, found it yesterday, one toy whose batteries were almost dead

toffeeca

Neocridders

YourLoveOnly

Added. Neo don't forget to send payment ;)

Winged

Finally remembered to post here :)

Winged- 3 Slots

My stocking, had fun colouring this!
Owner of Gliders!

Neocridders

ETA: Sorry. Was distracted with the stocking. Will send now!

YourLoveOnly

Winged your picture doesn't seem to be working. Also please don't forget to send payment.
Neo your payment has been received now, thank you ^^ *adds stocking to her list*

Winged

Sorry, sent payment now :) And that's odd, it's working for me... still not working for you? If it isn't then i'll try re-uploading it.
Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Received, thank you.

Nope it says 'This image has been moved or deleted'
Maybe you moved it elsewhere after uploading? Sometimes a picture still shows for you if you uploaded it yourself, just like you can't always see changes right after you make them, it can be the same thing when deleting. If that's not the case then I dunno what's going on O.o

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Winged

hehe, it was fun! Don't wory about geting the sparkles like those :) Anything's fine.
Owner of Gliders!

SeaCrest

SeaCrest - 3 slots

Can we gift our stockings to someone else? I mean, as a stocking? :P

YourLoveOnly

Sure, just remember it's one per person. So no stocking for yourself if you gift it. The premade that comes out of the stocking will go home with that person then. You can also wait and gift the premade. Both works.

SeaCrest

Righto ^_^

PS. If you have to use MS Paint, save as a monochrome bitmap first, copy, paste into a new file, and then you won't have any white/gray gaps ;)

SeaCrest

Goddesss

YourLoveOnly

And here I was thinking we wouldn't get enough sign-ups XD

jojo

YourLoveOnly

*adds* Please don't forget to send payment dear.
This game might start a bit later than scheduled in the first post, because of all the sudden sign-ups XD I was nót expecting that :P But I am not complaining, I love it <3 Just means coloring them all up might take a tiny bit longer.

jojo

Woops I knew I forgot something. It's been sent now ^^

Here's a stocking too :)

(that circly thing is supposed to be a moon)

YourLoveOnly

kunaisa deleted the original sign-up post, I send a PM to tell the slots were paid for and to sign up again, but that didn't happen. so hiyoko I am sending you your 30K back because you paid for her slots :)

And we are almost ready to play! *gets to work* We will start asap!

YourLoveOnly

White Elephant

It's time to play! All the presents are ready, numbered and waiting to be picked. Everyone gathers around the pile of presents, ready for some fun. The playing order has been randomly determined and can be now be found in the sign-ups post. From this moment on the game will start and new sign-ups are no longer possible.

Everything is explained in the original posts, please carefully read it all. If you have any questions about the rules, don't hesitate to ask. Make sure to follow the How-To-Play instructions and post in the correct color. I will still count it if you don't, but the game is just easier to follow when posted in clearly visible colors.

Our first player is.. Goddesss! Please make your selection from the pile of gifts and I will open your present as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~
All game-related posts from me will start with the White Elephant header, so they can be easily found.

Neocridders

Question. There are no 'steal backs' right?
If you get a gift, have it stolen, you can't turn around and steal  it again, right?

SeaCrest

toffeeca

Nope, you can't steal back, at least not right away, this is what the rule says

- If you get a gift stolen from you then it's immediately your turn again. If you want to steal a gift you may take any unfrozen gift except the one that was just stolen from you.

YourLoveOnly

Exactly, no steal backs. Toffeeca already quoted the right part ^^ I hope Goddesss gets online. Random.org seems to have picked a bad order on both sites xD

YourLoveOnly

White Elephant

Sadly Goddesss seems to be absent. 24 hours have passed so we are skipping her to avoid the game stalling completely. Our next player is.. Winged dreams! Please make your selection from the pile of gifts and I will open your present as soon as possible.

Goddesss

Sorry about that.  My laptop broke and my husband has a job due by the end of the week so he has been hogging his computer.  I will check in more often though.

Winged

Owner of Gliders!

YourLoveOnly

Aww Goddesss that is awful! I wondered what kept you away so long, I am used to seeing you online almost all the time XD

*is super amused that this game is going exactly the same on both of the sites it's running on* Both places had the first person skipped and then the second person picked #8 XD

White Elephant

Winged dreams opens present #8 and reveils:

First post is updated. Clicking on an owned present box will show you the pet that's inside.

Next is hiyoko! You can pick any unopened present from the pile or steal the one from winged dreams.

Neocridders

Winged

Aww, i love her! Those lines are adorable :) Thejust look so... huggable
Owner of Gliders!

hiyoko

YourLoveOnly

White Elephant

hiyoko opens present #17 and reveils:

First post is updated. Next is SeaCrest! You can pick any unopened present from the pile or steal one from someone else.

Neocridders

You put up present 14 but hiyoko picked 17