News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Elenaria] Egg Hunt South & West

Started by Elenaria, March 29, 2013, 07:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elenaria

In order to stay a little more organized we decided to divide the threads a bit so it would be less clutter and encourage as much RP as you guys want!

All of the rules from this thread apply.
http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=8877.0

Just to be crystal clear we will handle giving out prizes and such, so just don't say anything like "I find a next of 100 star eggs and a million sg and all the candy I could ever eat. And the fountain of youth." =D Otherwise remember to have fun.

Saevia hands each of you a pack with food and provisions as well as rope and other good hiking gear to have along. "We don't have much time." She explains, helping you into your gear. "Keep your eyes open, they hide in many places. And do try and stay together as much as you can. Keep your groups even, and only wander on your own if you must."

"Each group of 4 will need to travel in one of the cardinal directions from the house and spread out. It works best that way. "

Traveling to the West you will find the great river. The river's rapids are treacherous indeed. Should an egg fall too near it could be swept into the tides and crashed upon the rocks. The river itself is far more dangerous than anything you will encounter here, and yet that does not mean that there aren't other fiends about. Due to its proximity to the mountains, goblins have been known to roam. And they find Star Egg soup a delicacy.
1. Ryuu
2. toffeeca
3. Crystal
4. Country
5. CutieePie

The South may well be the most dangerous path of all. For to the south lies a crater. The crater was created when the first Elenaria arrived. They left their scar and though the lands are trying to reclaim the wounded area, it has allowed many...evils to arise. The land is treacherous, Saevia warns you, with many pitfalls and unknown caves.
1. Saturnalia
2. hiyoko
3. Kadana
4. Pinkshadow
5. Bunraku
Corlanna * Raeris * Saevia

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Elenaria

South
Quote from: Saturnalia on March 26, 2013, 11:30:36 AM
Saturnalia, long of snout and green of scale, is kin to dragons. Smaller, certainly, and bipedal, and those wings aren't good for distances, but she is a tough one none-the-less. She is, after all, born to a clan of predators, though her nature is more gentle than some of her clan.

But, gentle or not, she knows that she has a better chance of survival than some might, and when it gets down to business, shirking the hard road is not an option for her.

"I will go south," she offers, with a flick of her tail.

Quote from: hiyoko on March 26, 2013, 11:31:08 AM
Listening to the others as they say their directions, I step forward. "I would like to head south." Though the south sounds dangerous, it maybe an interesting trip.

Quote from: Kadana Sorano on March 26, 2013, 11:32:46 AM
*listening to the descriptions of the areas, she decides quietly that she'd adore seeing more of the forest, despite the danger.  A quick glance around however assures her that the forest group is already very well attended to.  After a moments pondering she decides to head to the crater in the south, as sweet green grasses and rushing rivers are neither to her taste, but the danger and adventure to be found at the crater suits her quite well.  Lifting her gear she swiftly adjusts it to fit and hang comfortably before stepping up to the triplets "I'm ready, I'll head towards the crater to search there."*

Quote from: Pinkshadow on March 26, 2013, 12:06:22 PM
I would like to sign up for exploring to the south, as i imagine there is better weather.

Quote from: Bunraku on March 27, 2013, 12:42:13 PM
Thank you for giving us a chance! I'm beyond delighted to participate because RP is something I adore and can never get enough of (Even if I barely ever get the time to! XD) <3

A woman of dignified bearing approaches the gathering, drawn in by the noise and excitement of the youngest of the triplets. Listening with interest to the tale she has to tell, the woman's golden eyes seem to catch alight and flare, the slitted pupils dialating slightly in concentration. Like a cats, like a snakes, like neither at all. She reaches towards the stark black and white pelt of the Elenaria at her side, and the sleeve of her kimono slips back for a moment, revealing skin that glistens faintly in the sunlight, a brief flash of color, as of scales, or fur-a moment more and the vision fades, leaving nothing but porcelain pale flesh in its wake. But still there is the impression of something more, lying in wait, as if at a moments notice she could shift skins all at once and become something other. The only obvious markings that remain are those on her cheeks, the blue streaks standing out starkly against her pale skin.

A smile plays across her lips as she is directed towards the group headed for the site of the crater, laughter like the ringing of bells rippling in her throat "Ironic." She murmurs to the Elenaria at her side, her mirth met by a soft nicker that seems to echo her laughter "But I accept. Perhaps something good will come of the danger."

Though she dose not look like one who would seek danger, clad as she is in silks and the heavy layers of an elegant Kimono, she moves with grace beneath the heavy fabric, unencumbered by it, and one has the general impression that this woman could, if she wished to be, become more dangerous than she seems.

Quote from: Saturnalia on March 27, 2013, 04:21:46 PM
Saturn sees the woman clad in silk approaching, and gives her an inclination of her head, causing the light to briefly glimmer off the lone earring in one of her horns. "Greetings," she says with a smile, only the slightest of hisses in her voice, courtesy of her reptillian heritage. "It looks as though we will have a capable group. Where we are going, we will need it, I think."

As if in agreement, the small, free-floating ringed planet that constantly hovers near Saturn's shoulder bobs up and down.

Quote from: Bunraku on March 28, 2013, 09:04:55 PM
The slightly reptillian tones draw the woman's attention, slitted eyes flickering to the long-snouted face that greets her with what seems to be curiosity. A slight smile touches her lips, warmth coming to the golden eyes. She is obviously no stranger to the unusual, and the dragon-like features of the woman in front of her are almost comforting. "Greetings." She returns, her smile broadening slightly, the sound of her voice simmilar to that of her laughter-faintly musical, as though there is a suggestion beneath normal speaking that she might have had a lovely singing voice. "I think they'll do nicely." She takes in the sight of the others, trailing off thoughtfully, the golden eyes unreadable before they flick back to the small hovering orb at Saturn's side. "Pardon my rudeness...but what exactly have you got there?"

West
Quote from: Ryuukokoro on March 26, 2013, 11:06:52 AM
I shoulder into my gear, chewing on my lower lip in worry. Not worry for myself, but worry for the eggs in danger. "I'll head west," I offer quietly and succinctly, not one to waste words in times like these.

Quote from: toffeeca on March 26, 2013, 12:25:05 PM
I would like to search in the west. I want to save any eggs from becoming soup D:

Quote from: CrystalAngelNeko on March 26, 2013, 12:26:13 PM
I will help search the river in the west ^.^

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on March 26, 2013, 12:28:45 PM
My wings ripple against my back as a cool wind plays through the trees and stirs the grass at my feet. I can't help but notice no one has volunteered to explore the riverfront other than myslf. Not that I can blame them. Rivers can be treacherous, I know that one from personal experience. But nothing makes me pause much when there's innocent creatures in danger. Even if I have to search on my own, I plan to set out.

Quote from: Country on March 26, 2013, 01:24:52 PM
The great river sounds frightening, but the thought of goblins getting ahold of those precious star eggs is even more so. I would like to volunteer my efforts to the search for those poor helpless eggs in the west. I shall go ready myself for this great adventure!

Quote from: CutieePiee on March 26, 2013, 02:44:28 PM
I would like to search in the west along the river. ^_^

Quote from: CutieePiee on March 26, 2013, 05:44:50 PM
Glancing at Ryuu, Toffeca, Crystal, and Country, on either side of me, I am ecstatic as well as nervous. With a backpack filled with resources on my back and friends at my side, my heart is set on saving the poor little eggs. My legs tremble at the sight of the treacherous waters ahead, so I force them into a skip and smile at the girls as I go forward ahead of them. A dangerous journey would be even more difficult if I let fear take over me. "I hope you girls can swim!" I shout back at them jokingly.

((I edited in the correct names now, according to the official signups.))

Quote from: Ryuukokoro on March 27, 2013, 01:18:20 PM
It's a relief to me to see some others stepping up and volunteering to journey west along the riverside. Though I was prepared for anything, including going it alone, I always believed the old expression, 'many hands make light work.' I was looking forward to having other sets of eyes searching along with mine.

Secundi, being a colony planet, had always been home to a wide variety of different lifeforms, more varied than fish in the sea. Hopefully that meant my group was used to strange persons and wouldn't find it strange to travel with a blue winged dragon-girl. My heritage had given me a few draconic gifts, namely the use of my wings and a bit of magic, but also many human frailties, including myopic vision and low stamina. Still, I'd keep up with the others as best I could.

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Kadana Sorano

((OOC: Thank you!  I was a bit lost in the other thread, especially when I was trying to view it via my kindle lol))

Standing near the fence she quietly looks over what is to be her traveling companions, eyes resting on each briefly in turn she gives a silent nod towards the green dragon-kin, then turns her gaze back to the kimono clad woman, eyes narrowing in thought as she tries to descern just what type of being the woman is exactly.  Making a mental note to keep an eye on her until she learns more, she tucks a lock of bright red hair behind her pointed ear and turns to look for the last two companions.  With a soft sigh she shifts her feet and tries to hide her anxiety at the thought or working so closely with others.  Running her delicate hands down the front of her black gown, small wisps of smoke begin to curl from her fingers, and she turns away hoping the others will not notice.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

Elenaria

West
Saevia looks at each of you closely as Etude trots up to her side.  The elven girl absently puts a hand on the rose dapple gray flank.  The black masked mare stares at you gravely then nods in greeting to each one of you, as though presenting a great gift.  But her ears are swiveled towards the West, her long tail twitching.

"Etude wants to accompany you," the elf says softly, but there's a wealth of concern in her voice.  "Please... take care of her."  With a faint, worried smile, she leans her head once against the Elenaria's side and then she retreats to let you begin.

Etude tosses her head, unwilling to give you anymore time.  She snorts and immediately begins to walk along the path leading towards the river.  Gradually, the grass grows higher and higher, and even with the Elenaria pushing through the path, it can be quite difficult for those with extra limbs, especially things like tails and large wings!

In fact, Ryuu is having a bit more trouble than could just be attributed to just the grass.  It loops around her other appendages, and then up her legs, holding her in place!   Etude doesn't seem to notice, though, and the mare continues to forge forward.

Oh, no!  What should you do?  Follow Etude or help free Ryuu? (You do not have to choose the same path.) To help Ryuu escape, yes, Ryuu may attempt to free herself, please roll 1d10!

South
Raeris looks each of you over seriously then gestures almost impatiently towards the south.  His eyes narrow as you move out, but it's unclear as to whether he's worried about your well-being or your ability to do what needs to be done.  There is an air of preparation and wariness in the group; it's mimicked by the slowly growing heat in the air.  As you stand at the entrance of the scar, you can feel it blowing into your face like some great machine's exhaust.  You stare down at blackened earth and rocks.  It looks like the remains of a great volcano.
There's a slap at your mind, a sharp, jarring sensation.  There's something wrong with your group; can you trust those who stand at your side?  No, no, they will betray you!  They're here to take all of the Elenaria for themselves, all the glory, all the gold!  You can't trust them!  Not the snakey one, nor those strange looking women.  What is that one even carrying?  Obviously a weapon meant to take you out when you're not looking!  They're after you!  You have to protect yourself, your interests.

As you carefully make your way down into the scar, the distrustfearanger intensifies.  You reach the uneven floor of the scar and have no option but to walk together for now.  A chuckle dances over your head, dry and raspy, like a molting snake.  At the ready, you look up and see.... Nothing.

Kekekekekeke.  What you seek is not without, but within.  Seek ye first that which you most desire, find that, and there ye shall discover the meaning of your quest.

Was that a clatter of rock up ahead?  What should you do?  You can investigate the sound from up ahead, return the way you came and hope for a clear sign of what's down here, or you can try to guess the riddle's answer. (You do not have to choose the same path.)

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Ryuukokoro

West

Sweat begins rolling down my temples as I shoulder my gear and head toward the river, following the trail in the grass left by the graceful Elenaria. The thought of having others to accompany me keeps my spirits up throughout the grave situation, especially now that we have help of the equine variety on this important quest.

Being of analytical (and somewhat distracted) mind, my thoughts are not so much focused on where my feet are being placed as they are concerned with what we will find when we reach the river. Just how difficult is it going to be to find these eggs? The world is a big place, I can't help but feel like we'll be searching for a few needles in a world-wide haystack. At least we have Etude here. Perhaps she has the ability to sense the locations of the eggs, I tell myself.

In fact, my thoughts are so busy wandering away from my body, that I don't even notice what a tangled web the grass has become all around me! "Oh shazbot," I grumble as the blades of grass wrap around me from every angle. "This would happen right at the beginning." The wild flora starts to constrict against my struggles, sending a thrill of panic up my spine. I look around for help from the others as I try to pull myself free.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Country

West

I watch the beautiful mare head off down the path. I shoulder my pack and start to head off that way as well until I hear Ryuu's grumblings. I turn around to see what is happening and notice the predicament she is in. A smile crosses my lips and I shake my head as I think, "wow, already? This is going to be one difficult journey, a lot more difficult than I anticipated."

I carefully make my way over to Ryuu, watching the ground closely so I don't end up in the same predicament. I reach for my hunting knife as I get closer. "What can I do to help you Ryuu?"

Ryuukokoro

West

I cast a cautious glance at the length of steel reflecting a beam of sunlight as my rescuer comes close. "Well... just don't stick me with that," I reply with a nervous chuckle.

((OOC: Don't forget to roll a 1d10, Country ^_^ ))

Country

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

((OOC:  Thanks lol ))

I smile at the nervous glance I see Ryuu casting along my hunting knife, "don't worry, I'm always careful," I say as I twirl the sharp blade between my long slender fingers. I add cheerily, "I am skilled with the knife as well as a bow and many other weapons, I came prepared for just about anything!"

Saturnalia

South

Saturn ponders her little floating Saturn for a moment as it dances around in front of her snout. "Something I picked up along the way on past travels," she responds to Bunraku's query. "I suppose you could say it's the embodiment of my namesake. It's... not quite fully sentient, but certainly it has some kind of... awareness." The little planet whirls in a circle as if in response.

Saturn looks back to Bunraku and shrugs. "I won't claim that it's useful, but it has become a part of me and goes where I go."

The group begins to move out, and Saturn goes quiet. The sudden intrusion of the near-alien thoughts startles her slightly, and her eyes narrow. She glances around at the group, and does have to admit that she doesn't know any of them particularly well. Still... a little thought swims frantically in the back of her mind, warning her that negative magics are at work, and that the thoughts may not be her own.

She resettles her wings, as if to help clear her mind. If all else fails, she thinks to herself, I can split off if I must. If things go... badly.

The riddle startles Saturn less than the initial bad feeling, at least. She ponders it momentarily, but cannot immediately see an answer. However, the sound of rocks catches her ear and her eyes again narrow.

"I am going to see what that was. Last thing we want is something dangerous getting close," she announces quietly, pointedly ignoring thoughts that question whether it's already too late for that. She quietly stalks off towards the source of the noise to investigate the sound.

Kadana Sorano

South

Standing at the entrance to the scar she looks out over what lies before her, pondering what is shortly to come.  Lifting her face she breathes in the heated air and allows her lips to curl slightly at the corners in an oddly amused smile.  "Well" she mutters softly to herself "At least the heat is something I am used to"

Turning back towards her group she once again narrows her eyes as she takes them all in, anxiety having her fingers curling in the loose folds of her gown.  She doesn't know any of them, and the thoughts of distrust and paranoia flitting through her mind feel completely natural and normal to her.  Even Raeris, how much does she really know about him, could this possibly be a trap?  But if so, to what end? 

Grimacing to herself she turns and begins making her way down into the desolation below her.  A trap it may well be, but until she has a basis for her suspicion, she'll go along.  Perhaps her paranoia is running rampant needlessly, and there really are eggs to save.

Suddenly hearing a voice she stumbles slightly, but quickly catches herself and looks to her companions.  Noting no one seems to have spoken she turns her attention inwards replaying the words she just heard in her mind.  No, that wasn't her inner voice, but something.. someone.. else.  Frowning slightly she steps to the side out of her companions way, and silently ponders the riddle laid before her.  Keeping a small portion of her attention on her companions she lets her eyes rove constantly over the parts of the scar visible from her current vantage point. 

Thinking she occasionally mutters nearly imperceptibly to herself.. "Within what?  The scar?  Of course it is, that's where we were told.. within myself?  That's usually what these things mean, but I seek star eggs, and those are certainly not within me..  what I most desire.. "  Closing her eyes briefly she breathes in the heated air once more before opening them and staring out past her companions  "what I most desire I somehow doubt will aid me in finding star eggs..  and the meaning.. or purpose.. of this quest is to recover the eggs to safety.. or so we've been told.."   Looking back towards Raeris she stares thoughtfully "unless of course we were mislead.. he is a male after all.."  Scowling both at Raeris and at the sudden thought.. if the voice can intrude on her mind, can it as well hear her thoughts?  Looking around her she strains her ears and mind, listening for any other stray sounds.. or thoughts.. besides her own. 

Deciding for the moment to remain where she is and try to figure out the riddle, she can always move on to catch up if she can make no sense of it.. or if she decides the riddle itself is a trick.

CrystalAngelNeko

(sorry about this poor RPing atm >< stupid work is... being stupid...)

West

I look towards Etude, wanting to follow the mare because its seemed important to do so, but it would be wrong of me to leave a party member behind. Neko ears twitching I quickly dash over to Ryuu's side to see how I can help. My ears are sensitive enough I should be able to keep track of the mare by sound alone.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

Bunraku

South

The woman smiles faintly at the little floating planet, watching it for a few moments before returning her eyes to the path ahead. It was comforting, somehow, to know that although she had seen much in the way of the unusual and exotic, there would always be, here and there, something new she had not seen yet. It kept a feeling of magic in the world.

As the group progresses towards the scar, it is not long before an unpleasant feeling washes over the group, rising with the heat that seeps off the scar. A faint feeling of uneasy dread, at first a mere prickle, growing slowly to a hair raising mental slap, freezes the woman in her tracks. Unconsiously, a low growl, like that of a dog, rises in her throat, the slitted golden eyes narrowing as they cast about her in wild anticipation. The voice, the feelings of mistrust are at first bewildering to the animal instincts that war with the logical mind. Her fingers tense, the long, elegantly manicured nails which just could easily have been seen as claws reaching for the hilt of one of the long Katana at her side. If she had been in her true form....but no. Just as suddenly as she seems to loose control, she regains it, smirking at her own folly. What exactly had she been expecting from a scar?

Casting her gaze about her, still scenting the distress of the group and feeling her own lingering mistrust, she eases her hand away from the hilt of her sword, determined to maintain control over her wits, even if the pressure on her mind and the heat wafting up from the crater make her urge to shift skins almost unbearable. She casts a fiery, golden stare at Raeris before taking one step forwards, then another.

She'd never been one to give up, even in the face of great fear, even that of the mind, so returning was by far no option she wished to take. The riddle was slightly unnerving...what you seek is within yourself? She blinked uncomprehendingly for a moment, choosing to ponder the riddle She desired the star eggs, certainly, wanted to add one of the exotic creatures to her herd...but what more? What called down the Elenaria from the skies, the stars? What was within herself that she could give them?

A song, they answered to songs. Even if it was not the answer to the riddle...it was comforting, in its own way, to call upon the familiar power. She had not the gift of the triplets, of course-hers was born on the sea and the waves, a gift that came from sailors stories and the loneliness of a heart cast adrift at sea. She let the golden eyes drift shut, and as she progressed towards the scar, she began, softly, to sing.

I love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz
Or an arrow of carnations that propagates fire
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
Secretly, between the shadow and the soul

I desire... She thought to herself, the sheen of her skin growing more apparent, suggestive of scales the return of love...the memory of light and shadow...

(Just a note-The poem is not mine, but one I've always liked I typed from memory ^^)

CutieePiee

West

My eyes dart back and forth from Etude to the others trying to help Ryuu. What do I do?! Etude would surely help lead us on our journey but without my companions, it just wouldn't feel right. We should stick together. I let out a sigh as I watch Etude disappear into the tall grass. I run back to catch up with Crystal and Country to see how we can all help free Ryuu. I drop my pack onto the ground and rummage through it to see what I can find. Remembering the pocket knife I threw in my pants pocket earlier, I whip it out and sit down beside Country and Ryuu. "Two knives are better than one. Let me help you with that."

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d10 : 2, total 2

((ETA: I edited a misspelling in my paragraph, forgetting about the dice roll. Did not mean to "tamper" with it. >.< ))

toffeeca

West

Although I imagine we should follow Etude, I figure she is better able to take care of herself than most of us, so I stop with all the others to help free Ryuu. "What can I do to help?" Since we are having such difficulty so early on, I worry what is to come for us, but I know we will be much better able to overcome whatever will happen if we stick together. I hope we will be able to catch up to the mare as soon as Ryuu gets freed.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

Pinkshadow

South

I pace around in circles, because it calmes me down while thinking about what to do. Listining to all the sounds, while one sound is quite outstanding from the rest. I keep pacing, while listining and thinking.

At last i deside to try and investigate the sound that are outstanding in my ears.

Elenaria

West

CrystalAngelNeko and Country easily free Ryuu's wings from the plant life that seems determined to hold the dragon.  Her own attempts loosen the rest enough that toffeeca and CutieePie can help her step out the rest of the way.  Even as Ryuu pulls free from the constricting grass and vines, though, they are moving again, aiming for the nearest living creatures.  Time to run!

As a group, you dash away, easily outrunning the plants.  The steady roar of the river grows louder and louder as you approach it swiftly and suddenly you break free of the tall grass to stare over the rocky edges of the deep flow of water.  There is no sign of Etude anywhere.

Suddenly, CrystalAngelNeko straightens as her ears twist towards upriver.  "Etude is in trouble!"  With very little time to catch your breath, you're off again, running as fast as you can over the dangerously slick banks.  The sound of the river continues to grow until you're certain there must be a waterfall nearby.  In fact, you think you can see the edge of one behind a group of boulders, but something else quickly catches your eye.  There's a large form collapsed on the ground up near some of the gray, damp rocks.  It's Etude!

The mare whickers at you, but the large gash from her withers all the way down her flank and hindquarters tells a story all its own.  Nevertheless, the Elenaria is still frantically trying to get to her feet, nodding her head towards the river and further upstream. 

Looking at the ground, you can tell that it's been trampled terribly; some large force has been here already, and it's easy to guess who and why!  Etude's desperation says that the goblins have already found an egg and you know from your briefing what they will do with it! 

On the other hand, Etude is in no condition to go anywhere and, in fact, desperately needs some first aid!  What will you do?  Head to the waterfall to try to find and stop the goblins or stop to aid Etude? (You do not have to choose the same path.)

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Country

West

I stare at the poor mare and my heart fills with sadness. The gash looked horrible, I prayed that it wasn't quite as bad as it looked. I ran closer and looked at the mess on the ground, and try to determine which direction the horrid creatures went.

As I came to Etude's side I crouched down and stroked her muzzle. "I am so sorry this happened to you beautiful one," I say and I take in the gash. I feel her tremble beneath my fingers. "I wish my first aid skills were as adequate as my weaponry skills, but sadly they lack. I think I should follow the goblins' trail and see if I can get to them before its too late. Maybe I can take out a few of them before they harm that precious egg."

I wait for the others to catch up to see if anyone else will follow me to the waterfall in search of the goblins.

CutieePiee

West

I loudly gasp at the sight of Etude on the ground so hurt and helpless. I run close behind Country to inspect the damage. The noticeable open wound upon her dappled flank is heart-wrenching and with that I immediately search through my backpack for the first-aid kit. Glancing up at Country, I nod, "Maybe you and one or two of the others should go on ahead and find the eggs and those nasty goblins. I'll help out here."

Locking eyes with Etude and caressing her mane, I smile weakly, hoping to ensure some sort of comfort. I finally find the tin box filled with medical supplies and gather the bottles of antibiotics and bandages. My hands tremble as I anxiously unroll the bandages. In the midst of the panic, I knock over a bottle of antibiotics, glass shattered and liquid saturating the ground. I look to the others, my eyes pleading for assistance in aiding Etude.

hiyoko

South

Not quite understanding what's going on, hiyoko looks at those around her as she folds her arms across her chest. hiyoko ponders and decides to investigate the sound .

CrystalAngelNeko

West

Seeing that Cutiee has stopped to aid Etude, I don't want to let Country go after the dangerous goblins on her own! She might need my cat like reflexes, meow! I think as I stumble not so gracefully over some stone in my desperation to keep up.

I might just be a pretty house cat, but I still have my claws, meow!  And my sharp teeth, good for tearing into fish- I mean goblins, meow!

stopping at Country's side, I salute her with a wide smile. "Ready to chase after some goblins, meow!"

Ryuukokoro

West

The unfolding tableau before me made me hesitate; while others leapt into action, I was caught like a statue of indecision. The horror of the scene pressed upon me--I wasn't used to scenes like this! Only moments ago I was fighting for my own life thanks to the aggressive plant life in the area, and now without rest we had all been thrown into another situation fraught with danger. It occurred to me only after I mentally shook myself that I needed to make a decision about which action I would take....

It seemed so unfair to me that life would present a decision like this. Here was Etude, clearly in need of help. The dappled mare was in distress, though it wasn't clear exactly how she had been injured. I wasn't an expert on Elenaria physiology by any means, so I couldn't even tell how serious the injuries were. But seeing any living creature in pain sparked a need in me to help. I wasn't one who could pass by a creature who needed help if I could possibly offer assistance, even if it was just an extra set of hands to wrap bandages or unpack medicine.

However...a decision to stop here and help the Elenaria meant the possibility that we could lose the egg to the goblins. It did seem that Etude was trying to tell us to go on, with her desperate motions toward the river. Could it be that the Elenaria wasn't that injured, and was trying to tell us to go on without her because a star egg was in imminent danger? Or were her wounds more serious than she was letting on?

Thankfully I wasn't traveling alone, or this decision would have been truly agonizing to make. But even as I was caught in indecision, I was glad to see my friends were not. Already Etude was starting to get the help she needed thanks to Cutiee's quick thinking, and I could see several others already heading upriver toward the falls, where the goblin tracks led. With all of us together, we would cover both courses of action sufficiently (I hoped).

With that thought, I spurred myself into finally taking action. Though I deeply wanted to follow the ones heading toward the waterfall, the sight of Etude wounded wouldn't let me pass by her side without offering aid. Even though my too-active imagination offered me images of Country and Crystal being overrun with goblin raiders, and the star egg lost forever and never able to hatch, I had to force myself to concentrate on the sight in front of me as I knelt beside Cutiee to aid Etude. Judging by her expression, she wouldn't mind the help.

"Careful," I murmur, moving anything else breakable to the side, where it couldn't be knocked over by frantic hands or flailing hooves. "I'm, uh, I'm no expert but I guess the first thing we should do is wash the wound and disinfect it, then wrap it up to stop the bleeding?"

Good job Ryuu, you sure sound like you know what you're doing, I think sourly to myself, then try to cover it up by shooting Etude a comforting smile. "It'll be alright, we'll get you back on your feet and then we can catch up with the others," I say to the mare soothingly.

toffeeca

West

As I stumble upon the scene I am struck in horror. I worry that if only I would have followed Etude instead of helping Ryuu with everyone else that I could have somehow prevented this. I am so thankful to have companions who seem to be better able to keep their composure than I am. I know nothing of medicine, much less any that could help an Elenaria, so I decide to go with Country and Crystal to follow the goblins. Even though I can't imagine us being able to take on the goblins physically, since they were to wound Etude so severely, hopefully with more of us looking for that egg we can outsmart the goblins.

CutieePiee

West

With Ryuu beside me, my heart slows to a steady pace and my hands stop trembling. While Ryuu tries to comfort Etude, I take a few moments to inhale and exhale as I force myself to concentrate on the current situation. I need to be strong and calm for Etude. She needs us right now, I thought. I can do this.

With my mind more focused, I grab my tin water canister and unscrew the cap. "You're right Ryuu. We need to wash the wound first. Thank gosh you're here," I smile. "I would've been a complete mess if I were here alone."

I unfold a clean rag from one of the pockets of my backpack and gently place it on the gash to stop the bleeding. "I'm sorry, Etude. I know this will hurt, but we need to mend you up," I say apologetically. I apply slight pressure as I feel Etude flinch under my touch. With my other hand, I comfortingly stroke her mane and her muzzle. Noticing that the bleeding has stopped, I take out another clean rag and wet it with the water from the canister. With the moistened rag, I gently dab the wound with it as Etude flinches harder this time, her hooves flailing. "Shhhh," I hush Etude. "It'll be okay." With the sight of the Elenaria in so much pain, my heart begins racing again and panic starts to overwhelm me.

"We need to calm her down before she hurts herself even more, Ryuu."

Country

West

I smile as I see Crystal and Toff making their way towards me, and let out a sigh of relief to see that Etude was being cared for. I hated not being able to help her, but I knew I would be of no use and probably only make things worse for her had I stayed. I was a fighter not a healer by any means. I spent my entire life fighting and protecting others, it is what I do best.

I pulled my bow out and selected an arrow from my quiver and notched it and began to slowly creep along the trail left by the goblins, my nostrils flaring taking in their putrid scent. Maybe, with any luck, the three of us would be able to ambush them and at least buy some time for the egg. I silently sent up a prayer to the Gods that no stragglers would come and find Ryuu, Cutiee and Etude.

Elenaria

South

The three head down into the scar to search for the sound.  Saturnalia hears a scuff straight ahead and continues after it.  Pinkshadow hears the rattle of rocks against each other off to the left.  Hiyoko sees a shadow sliding along the wall to the right.  In moments, the three are separated further, unaware that it's occurred until the other two have entirely vanished.

Saturnalia finds herself walking among tall towers of sharpened rock; they pierce towards the sky as though they might make it rain.  Now, suddenly, there are low, distant booms, as though things are constantly exploding.  Whatever could that be?  In the next instant, a vent of steam shoots up from the ground, less than a foot away.  Even from that distant, you can feel the burning heat.  Should that catch you full on, it could kill you! 

The ground rumbles beneath your feet.  You look up, across the maze-like expanse of this section of the scar.  There's a cave up ahead and you can see movement from within.  Wherever that is, it's probably safe from the steam.  Saevia's warning rings in your ears; this land is treacherous.  That could be something just waiting for a tasty morsel to fall into its reach.  The rumbling intensifies and you take off and the ground where you were just standing belches forth a huge spout of steam.  Run!

Pinkshadow stares into the dark mouth of a very black cave.  Everything about it is dark, but there is... something... inside that is glittering.  It flashes at you, a brief, faint pulse, just enough to let you know it truly is there, but not enough to really show what might be in this cave.  Should you go in to investigate or continue on your way?

hiyoko's path takes her back and forth along a ridge and, before you know it, you're several feet off the ground!  You can see Pinkshadow standing before a cave, but there's no way to see anyone else, though you can see the path that leads back to Kadana and Bunraku.  Continuing upwards, you're surprised to discover that you have inadvertently left the scar!  Do you make your way to Pinkshadow or go back to Kadana and Bunraku or try to find a new way into the scar?

Kadana and Bunraku
The riddle seems to burn into your mind and slowly all other concerns seem to fog from your mind.  There is nothing here but you and the words, tickling and begging for you to understand them, to know them, to

SSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

The shriek of agony spears through your mind, and you awaken from the fog as though emerging from a drugged sleep.  A large, burnished bronze body crumples before you, causing the ground to shake.  A long, teeth-encrusted head hits the ground beside you, deep orange, hate-filled eyes fading to black even as you watch.  Three arrows trembled from the creature's chest, as sizzling, frothy, green blood bubbles forth. 

"Are you okay?" Raeris calls from the top of the scar, genuine worry in his voice as his hawk swoops past him to come alight on a nearby stone.  The elven man comes a bit closer, but it's impossible for him to reach you from where he stands now.  "Bunraku's song called me," he calmly tells you.  "Thank goodness you did.  But where is everyone else?"  He looks around uneasily.  "There is something moving within the scar.  Please!  Find the others!"  He makes an odd cry and his hawk leaps into the air, following swiftly after him.

With little other choice, you both continue forward.  Oh, dear.  You can see where three sets of tracks all separate further from each other.  What should you do?  Which way should you go?

Follow the left-hand tracks or pursue the middle tracks or aim for the right-hand tracks? (You do not have to choose the same path.)

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Saturnalia

Saturnalia grits her sharp teeth upon realizing that they'd all gotten separated. Oh well, she thinks to herself, it's an eventuality I was prepared for anyway.

As the steam bursts forth, the dragon-kin winces back. Unlike her full-dragon cousins, she would not be able to withstand a full blast of that. Being so near it is a little less unpleasant for her than it would be for, say, a human, but it's still not a happy feeling and she can sense the danger of being caught out in an area where such vapors are constantly bursting forth.

As the ground begins to rumble more, Saturn spots the cave. Movement inside probably wasn't a good sign, not in these lands, but getting incinerated would not do anyone any good, least of all those star eggs.

As she dashes towards the cave, wings tucked as close against her as possible, Saturn flicks the daggers she keeps hiding in her sleeves down into her clawed hands. If necessary, she'll push whatever advantage of surprise she has and attack any potential hostile inhabitant of that cave.

Her mouth twitches in what could almost be-- but isn't quite-- a smile.

Elenaria

West

CutieePie and Ryuu
Etude heaves a small sigh, but she does her best to be silent during the first aid, holding as still as she can, even when her hide skitters and jumps beneath the unfortunately painful process.  She seems to understand CutieePie's worry that she'll hurt herself further and lays her head down in CutieePie's lap, ears going flat back against her head.  Her dark eyes close and she just waits for it to all be over. 

In order to not hurt her more, you have to work slowly and carefully, but the good news is that there doesn't seem to be much debris in the long gash.  It's just really long.  It takes all of the bandages from both first aid kits to cover the majority of the gash.  For the rest, you'll either have to improvise or just leave it open to the air. 
Wait, isn't moss a good thing to use on wounds?  You remember reading an article about it one time!  Ryuu hurries off to try to find some to use.  There's a nice little patch by this rock, but it's so close to the edge of the river!  You very carefully try to pull some loose... and then your foot slips sending you right towards the water!  You grab on to a rock, your feet dangling.  Oh, wait, wings!  With the use of your hands, wings, and feet, you manage to wriggle your way back onto the grassy shore and find yourself snout to a clover.  This looks just like the ones that the Elenaria eat during their courtships!  You pick it and put it away and notice that your moss has disappeared during your struggles.  You could attempt to get some more...?  No, better not.

Now that her first aid is complete, Etude struggles again to try to get to her feet.  She gives a low grunt, followed by a huffing whinny of pain.  She wants to stand so badly!  But she's just not recovered enough to do so.  She collapses back to the grunt with an unhappy sound.  Her ears prick towards the waterfall again and she looks back at both of you with urgency in her gaze.  There might be trouble for the other group!  But would it be wise to leave Etude by herself?  She trembles slightly and rests her head on CutieePie's shoulder.

Will you proceed to the waterfall or remain with Etude? (You do not have to choose the same path.)

Country, Crystalangelneko, toffeca
Following Country's careful lead, all three of you move slowly and carefully forward.  This is definitely not the time to slip and give away your position!  Fortunately, the large boulders blocking the view of the waterfall are also the perfect way to hide your own movement forward.  CrystalAngelNeko's ears are perked almost constantly forward and she waves frantically at the other two as she hears voices up ahead.

You all slip up against the boulders, looking for some way to see through them and luck out when there's a few gaps between the rocks so you can peek through if you take turns.

Though you knew from the area around Etude that the force was large, you now discover that goblins aren't that smart.  Despite looking around for a sentinel, there's none to be seen.  In fact, it appears that there's seven of them and they're all caught up in arguing over... a Star Egg!  Etude was right!

But what should you do now?  You're outnumbered over 2 to 1!  Someone needs to suggest a plan!

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Country

West

Spying the goblins I start thinking of a way to defeat them. We could try to do a full frontal assault on them, but one may be smart enough to take the egg and run with it. Not a chance I would willingly take. The egg was far too precious. A distraction might do the trick, we could either scare them or find something that would draw their attention.

I turn to Toff and Crystal, "I think we should try to distract them, we could try to fight them but one might be smart enough to take the egg and bolt. I might be able to take out 3 if we are lucky. Our other options are to scare them off or find something that they would be more interested in. I think scaring them off would be our best bet. It shouldn't be too hard to find things around here to make something large and scary enough to frighten them. Crystal, if you could be our 'beast's' voice, we could easily make them think that there is something much worse than themselves hiding behind these rocks. They aren't that bright after all."

toffeeca

West

I nod along as Country evaluates out situation. "I don't think we would stand a chance at getting the egg out unharmed if we just tried to fight them. Scaring them off does sound like our best shot at not turning into soup along with that egg, but I am worried they may try and run with the egg if we scare them. Perhaps we should try and set up a trap so they wouldn't be able to get far with the egg?" I think to myself that perhaps I am just over thinking everything and they goblins may just run off if scared, but I am so worried about getting the egg back safely that I can't help but trying to analyze any possible situation that could come up.

hiyoko

South

Upon realizing that hiyoko had left the scar. She looks around for the others. Then she remembers seeing pinkshadow aways back. Rollig her eyes to the fact she will have to back track and somehow find her. "well if i just look for some kind of cave, i might be okay." hiyoko goes back down and keeps an eye out for the cave.

Bunraku

South

As the woman's song lingers on, it begins to take on a trance like quality as the words of the riddle begin to leech into her brain, drawing away all thought but that of what the meaning of the riddle might be. Golden eyes grow distant, hazy, her lips forming words without thinking, singing now the words of an old poem, now the words of the riddle itself, seeking, trying to find...

The shriek that breaks through the stale heat rising off of the scar jars her back to reality, the golden eyes sharpening as slitted pupils dialate. Not in fear, but in anger. How dare whatever held dominion over this scar intrude upon-but she has no time to continue the thought as a steaming body hurtles to the ground, making the very earth beneath her feet tremble. Lips draw back from canine-sharp teeth, a low growl, unrestrained, ripping from her throat as she draws the katana, the blade a flash of silver as she whips it fourth. But the thing laying before her is dead, by virtue of three arrows bored into its steaming gut.

Golden eyes flash, following the sight of the hawk, to where the elven mans voice beacons from the top of the scar. For a moment, her features seem altered in some way-as if her face had lengthened, become more canine, a suggestion of the skin shifting from scales to fur to human-smooth flesh. It fades as she slowly regains her composure, a subtle smile forming on her lips.

"I would be perfectly fine, if scale encrusted beasts weren't raining down from the heavens." She smiles wryly up at the elven man, laughing softly. So, her song at least had some benifit- saving her skin.

But now was no time to revel in the joys of remaining alive. The elven mans urgency makes her turn her head sharply towards the scar, a look of determination darkening her features. She wasn't about to let a steaming hole in the ground get the best of her. Tightening her clawed grip on the katana, her body blurrs as she leaps into the air, bounding with inhuman grace towards the center path.

Pinkshadow

I pace in front of the entrence of the cave, startled by the pretty glittering from within, but also mighty scared since there IS really dark in there. I think about my options, should i choose to investigate the cave or continue the way i was going?

I could still see the glittering and hear a faint pulse, while i kept thinking about what the wisest desicion would be. Continueing the way i was, is propably safer, but what about that pretty glittering and the faint pulse then?

I realised that the faint pulse from the cave could be something i've dreamt of having in a long time, and i couldnt shake either of the glittering, flashing or faint pulse out of my head, so my desicion in the end comes to be Investigating the cave.

Ryuukokoro

West

Sputtering and sneezing from the chilly river water (and hoping I don't end up with yet another cold at the end of this adventure), I crawl up on the riverbank, clutching the clover gently between my fingertips before tucking it away in my pack as soon as I reach solid ground. While usually I would be delighted at such a stroke of good fortune, I couldn't help but feel mostly shame thanks to my failure of getting the moss to help Etude.

"Great, just great," I mutter to myself darkly as I tromp back toward our little spot of safety on the riverbank. "First I get attacked my plant life, then everyone has to save me instead of the star eggs, then I get dunked in the river, and then I lose the moss on top of it!"

I really am reluctant to admit my failure in front of the Elenaria mare and my friend, but I know I can't hesitate right now. Not in a situation this serious, where every second the lives of the unhatched are in more danger. There's a lot more at stake here than my pride, so I swallow it and look them in the face as I walk up to them. "I-I didn't get it," I say to Cutiee. "Sorry, Etude." I bow my head to the mare in apology.

At least Cutiee has completed the first aid by the time I return to admit my failure. But it looks like Etude's injuries were more serious than I first thought. My heart feels shorn in two as I look at the poor Elenaria as she gestures upriver and tries to struggle to her feet, then gives up and lays her head on Cutiee's shoulder, worn out by her injuries.

"I-it looks like she wants us to go on without her," I say hesitantly to Cutiee, glancing in the direction of the waterfall. "But she can't even stand. I don't know if it's a good idea to leave her here by herself..." I bite my lip. I can barely admit to saying this, I want to help the others find the star eggs so badly. But if any of the goblins were still around in this part of the river, Etude wouldn't even be able to stand up against them. It didn't feel right to leave her here, defenseless. Maybe all the goblins had moved on to the waterfall and it would be perfectly safe to leave Etude here on the riverbank until we came back for her as a group, but I just couldn't take that chance.

"I'm worried about Crystal, Country, and toff too," I admit out loud, looking helplessly at Cutiee. "There's a lot more than three goblins, going by these footprints all around us. They're going to be outnumbered." I take a deep breath. "I-if you want to go on ahead and help them, you should. I'll stay here with Etude." I didn't want to be alone, but my conscious wouldn't let me leave her by herself. I knew enough self defense to hopefully keep us safe if anything nasty showed up, and I knew an Elenaria horn was sharp and strong too. Whichever decision Cutiee made, I was sure we would be okay.

"Besides, if you guys scream for help, I'll hear you and come right away!" I say over-brightly, then give an awkward chuckle. My joke falls flat in the tense air and I wince. "Er, I mean... never mind." I cough once.

Kadana Sorano

South- aim for the right-hand tracks

Playing the riddle over and over in her head, she becomes lost in thought.  Soon, her fingers begin tapping in time to the riddles 'beat' through her mind, much like when she memorizes a new spell.. this 'should' be easy enou..  "Ahhrgh!"  Sudden piercing agony has a surprised screech coming from her before she can quickly bite it back, small sparks briefly flying from her finger tips before she manages to regain control.. right as a giant toothsome beast falls to the ground before her  Wincing still a bit form the assault on her mind she glares right back into the hate filled eyes, smiling in grim satisfaction as she watches them slowly fade.

Stepping closer she leans over the creature to investigate it, taking careful note of the appearance of the arrows, and looking for any other details of beast or item she can file away for later possible use.  Finally assured there is nothing else she can easily discern from the creature, she turns her gaze up towards Raeris.  Green eyes narrow as she takes in the elf and his apparent companion hawk, either from the sun shining down, or in suspicion still.  She continues to stare after the pair thoughtfully for moments, only to turn back and find her last companion has already departed.

Shrugging to herself she pulls a bit of ribbon from her belt pouch and quickly ties her long hair back out of the way before re-adjusting her pack more comfortably and continuing on.  Coming to the place where she has to choose a path she ponders for a moment, but unable to tell which of her companions went which way, how many went each way, or who may need her particular skills the most she shrugs again.  Maybe it's for the best anyway, she never was comfortable with others overly much, and life has taught her to be extremely untrusting of everyone, eventually she'd rub someone the wrong way with her inability to mesh with the group.. shaking her head she chooses to take the right path.  Looking around she finds some small stones and builds a travel marker, so anyone who comes back this way will know where at least one of them went, then she heads off down the right path wondering the while who she is following.. and if it is even one of her group or not.

CutieePiee

West

After patching Etude up only to see her collapse in pain, I wish that I had the proper medical knowledge for healing Elenaria. I feel more adoration for her when she pricks her ears toward the waterfall. Even with such an injury, she is more concerned for the safety of the star eggs. With her head on my shoulder, I pet her muzzle affectionately.

"Of course I can't leave Etude like this," I respond to Ryuu. "I'm worried about Crystal, Country and Toff also, but the three of them together can probably handle those goblins." I glance at the Elenaria still resting on my shoulder. "Etude can't be left alone with these injuries, not being able to fend for herself. And better the two of us to be here in case we need to defend ourselves against anything that tries to attack us."

Even with my final decision of remaining with Etude and Ryuu, my eyes wander towards the waterfall. My heart is heavy with the thought of the others trying to fend off a hoard of goblins. I close my eyes and silently pray for their safety.

Ryuukokoro

I couldn't help a grin that broke across my face after Cutiee spoke. I had honestly expected her to go with the others. I was mostly a loner, and not used to depending on others. It was a comfort that someone else was willing to stay with me. "Thanks," I said to her, and turned my attention to Etude, hoping that the Elenaria would be okay.

CrystalAngelNeko

West

"Meow..." I mew as I tap my chin, trying to think of why that sound like a bad idea to me all around. It felt like with both of their choices, that the egg could easily be trampled or taken with them in a fit to escape. We all wanted to save the egg, right?

"Instead of trying to scare them..." I start, also thinking I didn't want to admit my 'roar' is more of a 'purr', "Why don't I lead them away?" How to explain from here, my tail sweeps the dirt as I think of a way to continue. "I'll jump out there and get their attention right? And sense I'm just one little cat girl they wont be afraid, they'll probably think of me as a great main coarse to go with their egg!" I whisper a little too loud, sticking out my tongue with a soft giggle, "So I'll run and lead them away from here... and if a few stay behind, that shouldn't be too bad, because you," I look to Country with a nod, "Said you could take a few out on your own right? That way the two of you can retrieve the egg and I'll lead the others on a wild goose chase! How does that sound?" I finish, biting down on my lips and hoping my friends agree with my plan.

Country

West

Listening to my two friends, I think about what they say. Bad things could happen with my idea, too many bad endings for the egg anyway. I think about Crystal's idea. That just might work! I nod in agreement with her plan, "as soon as we secure the egg we can come help you with your wild goose chase."

Elenaria

Thank you all for your patience. We will be revealing what all you found within the next week!

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Ryuukokoro

It's great to see the Elenaria siblings back around! ^_^ This RP event was a real treat, I loved doing it. Thank you for running the event, and congrats to everyone who joined in and stuck through it til the end!

Elenaria

West

Country, Crystalangelneko, toffeca
With the plan in place, Crystal darts out towards the goblins, calling and leaping around to get their attention.  Will it work?  Will they fall for such a ploy?

As you noticed earlier, goblins don't seem to be very smart.  When they hesitate, Crystal turns to waggle her tail at them, calling out, "Wouldn't you rather have a piece of this for dinner?" 

Five of the goblins give up on the egg and give chase, running after the cat girl.  Crys dashes off, running just a little bit slower to get a gauge of their speed and then began leading them on a merry chase.

That leaves two for Country and toffeeca to deal with and Country, without hesitation, whips around the rock, taking out the first one with one arrow.  The second, however, tumbles backwards, dropping the Star Egg. 

Toffee glances back in the direction Cry had went, worried that some of the goblins might give up on such elusive prey.  Oh, no!  She was right!  "Country!  Some are coming back!"  Without knowing what else to do, she rushes towards them, yelling wildly!

Country bolts for the fallen egg, picking it up awkwardly and falling back to Toffee's side.  But Toffee's bid of scaring the goblins worked, and the two that had been coming back scattered with inarticulate cries of their own.  Phew!

Now, where had Crystal gone?

Rushing down along the banks of the river, Crystal slips!  She skids down the steep bank of the river and ends up down at the rocks themselves.  She can hear the pounding feet and angry cries of the goblins going past her head.  Hope they don't go back to Country and Toffeeca!  Gads, or Cutiee and Ryuu!  But there's not anything Crystal can do from here.  Wait, there's something caught here in the rocks.  A Star Egg!  How did it get down here?!  Crystal gathers it up and, with a sigh, begins to cautiously climb back up the bank.

CutieePie and Ryuu
Etude's ears prick forward, listening to the conversation.  She heaves one more sigh as the decision is made and lays down entirely, putting her narrow head on Cutiee's lap.  She seems to understand and accept your decisions and now she's just going to rest.

Her ears twitch back and forth as you wait, talking quietly between yourselves, a bit worriedly.  Suddenly, however, her head comes up and she gives a welcoming whicker.  From around a boulder come Country and Toffeeca.  Well, just in time for Toffeeca to trip.  She blinks and stands up, holding a Carrot in surprise.  A quick look around proves there aren't any others. 

"Where's Crystal?"

"Here, mew!"  Crystal is still a bit damp from her excursion, but she proudly holds up a Star Egg.  "Look what I found in the river!"

Etude heaves a small sigh, whickering again in obvious relief.  She tries again for her feet and manages it this time.  She gives a swish of her tail, as though beckoning you to follow.  You seem to have found everything there is to find here.  Best to head back to the cottage.

South

Saturnalia
Left, right, leap over heard, left again!  Saturnalia dashes her way across the virtual minefield.  Darting into the cave, she just manages to miss getting hit by another column of super-heated steam.  The cave opening is wide and... not a cave at all.  It's simply an opening into another valley.  The floor and walls glitter brightly, like the entrance into a magical kingdom!  As you step further in, the light catches on what seem to be white gems.  One skitters forward, pushed by the movement of your foot and you reach out to pick it up.  It gleams like a diamond, almost, but there's a blue almost glow-like quality to the outside edge.  There doesn't seem to be anything else here, though, other than hundreds, if not thousands, of these rocks.

It would probably be best to find a way out and seek out the others.

hiyoko
Before you can find your way into a cave, or even back to the scar, a hawk screeches at you.  It takes a moment, but you recognize it as Raeris' familiar.  It calls to you again, evidently wanting you to follow.  Raeris is probably trying to locate everyone; maybe the others got separated, too?  You turn to follow after the raptor bird.

The hawk swoops down briefly, fluttering at something red and shiny on the ground.  You lean down to pick up the Red Apple.  The hawk seems just as confused as you as to why it would be out there, but then he takes to the air again, leading you forward.

Pinkshadow
Finally you made it to the cave!  You cautiously step inside, but it seems suddenly too dark within!  What on earth!  You turn, but your way is blocked!  Reaching out a hand you feel something large and hard with ridges all over it.  The ridges seem to follow a pattern, a pattern like... scales?

What is this that has entered my domain? sighs a voice in your mind, and within it you can hear the beating pulse that had drawn you so steadily before.  Ah, you seek the fallen stars.  Perhaps this dragon—for what else could it be—can read your mind, or at least your intent.  You search too far afield.  There are none to be found here.  The golden one took it away to safety, but it was knocked into the river.  Perhaps you should go west instead.

West?  A group is already searching that region, though.  The blockage disappears, letting in the light, the familiar sight of the scar behind you.

The man seeks you again, says the dragon.  Follow the left fork to free yourself and find your friends.

It would be best to follow the dragon's advice.  You thank her and make your way from her domain.  Despite the fatigue in her voice, she seems to have liked your brief time with her; maybe someday she wouldn't mind another visit.

Kadana
The right hand path loops around and around, moving in what seems like circles, but you don't ever seem to pass back the way you came again.  In the next moment, you step into a cave entrance, only to find that it has dropped you right back at the entrance of the scar.  A hawk screams at you from above and you see hiyoko following Raeris' bird at the entrance of the scar.  Perhaps it would be best to regroup for now.

Raeris himself appears from the other side, waving at you as Pinkshadow comes from another hidden cave entrance.  "There you all are," Raeris says gravely.  "Any sign?"

"I met a dragon," Pinkshadow says.  "She said there are no Star Eggs in the scar anymore.  A 'golden one' came and took it away and it fell into the river."

Raeris' eyes open wide for a moment and he looks worriedly into the scar.  "If anyone would know," he murmurs to himself.  "It would be her."  He gives a small shake of his head and then looks at you all a bit closer.  "Our mission here is done.  Let us fall back to the cottage... wait, where's Bunraku?"  He looks towards the scar again.  "Go back to the cottage," he orders.  "My bird will show you the way.  I will locate Bunraku and we will follow close behind.  Tell my sister of what has occurred."  He begins to walk away, then pauses and looks back over his shoulder.  "Please."  With that stated, he trots back into the scar, leaving you to follow his orders.

Bunraku
Moving with swift speed through the scar, Bunraku scans for signs of where a Star Egg might have fallen.  She passes swftly down one path then another, with no clear clue as to which direction might be best.  It's not long, however, before she realizes that she's not alone. 

Remembering the last encounter, Bunraku keeps her katana at the ready, listening closely for just what it might be that's following her.  A ringing sound echoes through the entrance of another tunnel.  Hooves?

"Come out," she calls.  "I mean you no ill, if you are the same."

The ringing continues, growing louder until a golden Elenaria stallion paces into sight, tossing his heavy head and snorting at Bunraku.  He shines like liquid gold, folding his wings against his back.  He tosses his head at her, then gestures to the right, towards a path that appears to head upwards.  He obviously wants you to come with him and, in fact, sidles up along side her, dropping one leg to offer for Bunraku to mount.  After a hesitation, she sheathes her katana and climbs aboard. 

In the next moment, he whirls on golden hooves and canters up the path and up to the top of the scar.  Now he can lengthen out into a gallop, neighing loudly in a challenging manner.  There's no immediate response, but, eventually, Bunraku can see Raeris climb out of the scar himself.  The stallion slows down, to stop beside the elven man.

"There you are," Raeris says and it's not clear to which of you he's speaking.  His eyes, however, go to the stallion.  "You moved the Star Egg that fell here?"

The stallion whickers, nodding his head.  Raeris sighs.  "So we endangered their lives needlessly!"

The stallion lays back his ears, baring his teeth.

"Fine, fine.  I've gathered the others.  Meet back at the cottage; Saevia will have sustenance for all.  I am going to check on the others." 

The stallion whickers again and, with Bunraku still safely on his back, takes off again, back towards the cottage.

Cottage
Saevia greets each new traveler with concern, bringing out blankets and bowls of stew for the humanoids, and oats and water for the Elenaria.  She pales at the sight of Etude ripped up, but she won't hear any apologies or excuses, simply taking the mare back behind the cottage to stitch up the wound and re-bandage it.

"Thank you," the girl says softly when she returns.  "Etude is resting well now.  She should heal up fine in a few weeks."  The woman smiles and hands Ryuu a Red Apple.  "She seemed to want you to have this." 

Saevia moves to Cutiee, and gestures for her to follow.  "She wants to see you again, please."

As they walk back, Saevia loops an arm through Cutiee's and says quietly, "Etude was very grateful to you for staying with her.  She's bonded to me, but she would be very happy if one day you would accept one of her foals to bond with."

Etude whickers in agreement, ears pricking forward towards Cutiee from where she lay in an open-doored stall laid deep with straw.  A blanket lies over her body, but she gives Cutiee another fond nuzzle before putting her head down to sleep.

Saevia approaches Saturnalia with a scroll of paper, giving her a small smile as she presses it into the dragonkin's scaled hand.  She doesn't pause to chat, pushing on to make sure everyone has what they need.  Kadana is given a similar, but slightly different scroll. 

Bunraku appears on a golden stallion and that causes a stir from the elven woman as she hurries to their side.  Saevia glances over her shoulder and goes to find a handful of sugar cubes, which she gives to Pinkshadow.  "He wants you to have these," she says with a smile. 

Prize Rundown
Everyone did a wonderful job and it was difficult to judge this! =-0  We wanted everyone to go home with something because of how long it took us to get this finished and, again, we are so sorry about that! =-0  The customs were added in due to amazing RP.

Prizes are listed in no particular order.

West
Country – S040
CrystalAngelNeko – S036
toffeeca – Carrot
CutieePie – Admin Breeding with Etude (for connecting so well with the mare)
Ryuukokoro – Clover, Red Apple

South
Saturnalia – Song Custom (for wonderful IC writing)
Pinkshadow – Sugar Cubes
hiyoko – Red Apple
Kadana Sorano – Semi Custom (for wonderful IC writing)
Bunraku – C109

Bunraku won the golden boy because her RPing was so good it made me actually change the way the story was going to go.  Great job, everyone, and congrats to all! X3 <3

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

Country

*Squees!* My first Demon!

*craddles pretty eggie and coos over it*

Saturnalia

Oooh, yay! My first Song Custom. Must ponder this...

Many thanks!

Bunraku

Thank you so much ! O___O I forgot about this for such a long time and to find that I've won not only a fantasy elenaria...but that his offspring are also fantasy...I'm stunned to say the least O.O;;; And thank you so much for the compliment on my roleplaying as well! It honestly means just as much to me as does winning the stallion ^___^

Ryuukokoro

Congrats everyone! I've been dying to see the results of this for so long, it was fun reading the conclusion to the RP. :)

Kadana Sorano

ahh gee I'd forgotten about this as well!  And a Semi custom, I wasn't expecting that, thank you!

Do we wait for a scroll to be added to our inventory and then post in the customs turn in thread?

Elenaria

Ahahahaaa, i apparently forgot to hand out the items.  xD;  i will do that real fast now, and then yes, of course you may!

Congrats again to everyone, and i hope you enjoyed it despite the overly delayed ending...

Elven Names

Registry of Caretakers

CutieePiee

Thank you for my wonderful prize! I don't usually RP, especially since I'm not very good at it. xD But I had a lot of fun. Now, I'm off to submit the breeding with Etude! :D