News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Lyvannaque~ Spend some time in the Lost Forest~

Started by Arty, January 16, 2014, 12:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arty

As you walk through the forest, you feel a change. Your skin feels warmer and the slight breeze makes it tickle a bit. You blink and your vision is clearer, your sense of smell is stronger, looking down you notice that you are growing fur and your hands are shrinking into paws. Walking on your legs starts to feel awkward so you drop down to all fours as you feel your tail swish through the air. A twig naps to your right and you spin to the side and notice a light brown wolf with brindling staring at you, her gold eyes sparkle in the moonlight and two other wolves flank her. The hair on the back of your neck rises but the three don't look threatening and it slowly lays flat again. 'Welcome to the Vannaque.' said the one in front though it looked like she yipped. The two behind her nodded their heads and you felt the need to follow them as they showed you towards the other wolves.

Okay, so in case you didn't understand, the Lost Forest, or the Vannaque, morphed you into a wolf and you are here to gather wolves and start your own pack.

What I, Sylana will say will be in purple
What Bun says will be in green
And what Sunny says will be in teal

1/6 Posts

Arty

- Natural colors and unnatural colors are both just as common but we're going to try to keep a genetic string for each canine.
- There is no difference between the rarity of male and female Lyvannaque
- Wolves from different packs rarely interact unless it's breeding season.
- Lyvannaque can only show three mutations but getting three to show is very rare.
- There is an 80% chance for one to show, a 45% chance to get two, and a 12% chance to get three to show when you have the right genetics present.
-

Genetic Information
- Liver [BB] and Black [K_] are the two main colors for the pigmentation of canines.
- Isabella (lilac) is very rare because it's a double recessive [bbdd].
- You can tell the difference between black [K_] and blue [dd] dogs by their noses, blue dogs have a distinctive blue/gray nose.
- If a dog does not have a mask, it must have the genotype EE (two copies of the normal extension gene), Ee (one copy of normal extension, one of recessive red), or ee (two copies of recessive red).
- Normal Wolf/Husky/Malamute colorings have the same genetic string [awawkkSpsp.
- The merle gene is known to cause a number of health problems, mostly deafness and blindness. These problems are unusual in heterozygous merles [Mm] but unfortunately common in double merles [MM]. For this reason two merles should never be bred together, as this will result in some double merle puppies. Puppies born to two merle parents, if born double, have a 4 in 5 chance of not making it to adulthood.
- Most normal "blue" merle genes are displayed as BBDDEEggMmSSKK and liver merles are usually displayed as bbDDEEggMmSSKK

Genetics
K_ - Black (solid black, no red)
kk - Recessive Non-Black (will still have black nose pigment and may have black markings, but may also have red markings too)
kbrkbr or kbrk - Brindle
BBdd or Bbdd - Blue (non-liver, dilute)
BBDd or BBDD - Black (non-liver, non-dilute)
bbdd - Isabella (liver, dilute)
bbDd or bbDD - Liver (liver, non-dilute)
Ay - Sable
aw - Agouti
at - Tan Points
a - Recessive Black
EmE - one mask allele, one normal extension allele
Eme - one mask allele, one recessive red allele
EmEm - two mask alleles
GG - Graying (starts out darker and turns really light as it ages)
Gg - Hetero Graying (starts out darker and turns a medium shade as it ages)
gg - Recessive Graying (doesn't gray out)
Mm or mM - Merle
MM - Double Merle
Tw - Tweed (merle modifier, thought to be dominant, very rare and similar to African Wild Dog patterns)
Hh - Harlequin (merle modifier, dominant, inherited seperately from merle but only effects merle, don't breed to make HH, results in miscarry or deformed young)
SS - No white
sp - Piebald
si - 'True' Irish Spotting
T - Ticking
Tr - Roaning
Td - Dalmation Spots
t - Clear White
Somatic Mutation - Very rare, is a mutation that occurs in the body cells after the embryo has begun to form

2/6 Posts

Arty

- Breeding in your pack can't occur until you have at least two females.
- 1-3 kits per litter is average, one and two are most common while three is uncommon, pups grow in 2 weeks.
- Breeding seasons occur every 2 months.
- You keep all your pups in your litters.
- Wolves must be one month old to participate in a breeding season.
- Natural and Unnatural colorings pass separately, it's harder to keep track of halves so they're either one or the other.
- Throw backs are uncommon but they do happen.
- Starting off, each user gets one breeding per season to keep it easier for us and more fair for you guys.
-

Arty

Your first custom.
This is the leader of your pack, the only way you can ever trade it is if a wolf that is two times the breeding age challenges them. They would just become part of the pack afterwards. (Riverwind is exempt since they already have an alpha)
[suspicious]Name:
Eye Color:
Markings:
Marking Color(s):
Preferred Colorist (optional): [/suspicious]

These three events will end on Sunday @ Noon CST

Tempting...
Tempt this girly to join your pack, tell her of adventures you dream to have. Things you can offer her and such. (remember you're a wolf too and you have nothing on you but your own pelt)

Unnatural sisiTT Female

I dream of the stars.
Tell this pup what you dream of at night and it might just follow you around.

Natural awawkkSpspTT Pup

One SG Auction
You can only bid one SG at a time for this girl, the one with the highest bid on January 24th @ Midnight wins her :)

Natural bbDDkkTt Female

Highest Bidder is Sera with 86 SG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BRIBES

Okay, here you can bribe to have more options on a custom ;)
I'll take any form of bribes from pets (of any kind) to SG to USD.

Line edit/Custom Item Slots
1. Kadana Sorano (Arty)
3. Closed
4. Closed

Mutation Slots
1. Sera (Bun/Arty I guess o.o)
4. Closed
5. Closed

Arty

Arty

[reserved for Arty's Lyvanna]
[JENNA] #013

[BKC]

[ZARAUN] #007

[NIGHTMARE] #012

[reserved for Bun's Lyvanna]

[CRYSTAL]

[FRAYSIN] #010

[EMBER]

[CIVON] #006

KkSsTrTr
[ILRAE] #014

[ANNABETH] #017

[VEREIST] #026

[HIYOKO]

[KADANA SORANO]

[RED_UNI387]

[RIVERWIND]

[CLOVER] #004

bbMmsisi

[ROSEDAWN]

[SARAH BADR]

[DHI'IB] #005

KkSspTT

[SATURNALIA]

[SCULLISTO]

[SHUKA] #015

[SERA]
[UNNAMED] #016

[SILVANON]

[ABIDE] #011

[SPO]

[SUNCHASER]

[ARDENT] #003

[TOFFEECA]

[WINGED]

[ROSCO] #008

[WILDFILLY]

[XAVIER] #009

Arty

Ember

Ooh, these are so cute! I'm looking forward to them. :D

sera

Arty

sera

1 SG! (For the Auction!)

Will try to do the others later. x3 <33

Arty

Sarah Badr

Ember

Win a Custom:
The...uh, Tamaskan, was it called? Yeah, Tamaskan dog!

Tempting:
As a human I love to go on camping trips, so as a wolf I would love to bring her to some of the beautiful places I have camped and retrace my steps as a wolf. I wonder just how different things would seem as a wolf!

I dream of the stars:
Uh, most of my dreams are either nightmares about zombies, dreams related to my job as an RA in residence, or curiously enough dreams that come true several months to years after I've had them. The 'prophetic' ones tend to be only snippets of conversation or a specific action I will do but they're far more interesting than the zombies! :P

Arty

@ Sarah: No, but close!

@ Ember: I've never heard of the Tamaskan before o.o I want one XD
Sadly, no, that's not one of the two closest (HINT: They're not obvious at all but one is known for it's Chinese roots and the other for it's Japanese roots)

She looks at you, waving her tail slightly and comes over to sniff you. Afterwards she walks halfway back to where she was before and sits back down She likes what you're offering but she wants to hear from others as well before she decides.

The pup barks and growls when you mention zombies, trying to sound and look ferocious then looks at you questioningly with it's head tilted to the side as you continue. I think it's the same as with the girl but you'll just have to wait and see ;)

Sarah Badr

Name: Dhi'ib
Base Color: Black
Markings: Socks and ticking

Arty

You may play the custom game again once I answer your guess ^^

Oh, and Sarah, I forgot to ask about marking color you can either edit your post or post saying what color(s) you want ^^

toffeeca

Sarah Badr

Copper-ish.....not tan and not silver...in-between.

On the lil chart on the right where it shows the 2 closest, we've owned both...I'd have never thought of either of them. (I did go look on wiki...but I won't say since I looked).  :)

Arty

@ Toffeca: Yes! You got the chinese one ^.^

[suspicious]Name:
Marking(s):
Marking Color(s):
Eye Color:
Mutation (optional):
Mutation Color(s):
Mutation (optional):
Mutation Color(s): [/suspicious]

@ Sarah: Thank you, for the color and for being truthful and not spilling the beans ;)

Ember

Name: Civon
Markings: Roaning
Marking Color(s): Grey

Win a Custom:
Japanese and Chinese roots hmm....only Japanese breeds I'm particularly familiar with are the Shibas/Akitas. So for this guess...Akita Inu?

Sarah Badr

Sarah Badr

Tempting...

Roaming through the snow-capped mountains, chasing gazelle through the red sand deserts and splashing through the waves on the beachs of Morocco. In the distance you hear the call to prayer like a lullaby as you turn inland to play with tree-climbing goats teasing you from the tops of olive trees.

I dream of the stars.

I dream of beautiful twin daughters with their father's black hair, tan skin and emerald green eyes filled with mischief. With fairy smiles and imp laughter . Wild, free, brave and adventurous with a thirst for knowledge, kindness and truth.

Arty

@ Ember: You're on the right track!

@ Sarah: There are fairy wings, dragon wings, dragon spikes, valkyrie horns, feathered wings, mane, short fangs, and long fangs. But you can only get them with a full custom or a premade ;)

She looks off into the distance as if imagining herself there, she takes a step forward then shakes her head, realizing that she was still here in the forest. She looks at you with an innate interest and scoots closer to you. 

The pup wags his tail and whines at you, twining himself around your legs. Wanting you to play with him. This is gonna be tough, and I'm sure answers will only get better as more people play >.>;;

Sarah Badr

I am seriously so depressed now....from my two answers. :( Someone take me to the airport!!!!!  ;)

Ember

Arty

@ Everyone that posts tonight: I'm not trying to seem mean with the two wolvies, I just don't want to give them away when barely anyone has seen them yet D: I will let them go to new homes tonight sometime though :3

@ Ember: Yup XD Here you go;

[suspicious]Name:
Marking(s):
Marking Color(s):
Eye Color:
Mutation (optional):
Mutation Color(s):
Mutation (optional):
Mutation Color(s): [/suspicious]

Sarah Badr

Quote from: Arty on January 16, 2014, 03:12:20 AM
@ Everyone that posts tonight: I'm not trying to seem mean with the two wolvies, I just don't want to give them away when barely anyone has seen them yet D: I will let them go to new homes tonight sometime though :3

Oh! I hope you didn't think I meant your reply!!!! I was talking about what I wrote myself!  :) I made myself depressed.....I made my heart ache. Not you!  :D

Arty

Aww, okay I hope you feel better soon!

Pushes some brush to the side and beckons Dhi'ib and Civon to come out into the open to meet all the wolves. Here are your new 'forms' as you will always take on the form of your alpha. ^.^

Sarah Badr

Arty

BabyKittenCandy

Yay! Been curious about these since sunny offered them in the SS Event!

Name: Nightmare
Markings: Flames on the Face, feet and tail
Marking Color(s): Red, Orange, Yellow, white
(http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/1-Nightmare_for_BKC.png)

Tempting
I offer you the full moon, whilst we race under it beside a river, tracking prey and beyying to the night. I offer you the solace of my fur at night, the warmth it offers and the knowing you are not alone.

I dream of the Stars
I dream at night of strange journeys, of confusion, excitement. I dream of others i know and things we may do, all of us together.

Auction

3SG please!

Wildfilly94

I dream of Stars:
I usually dream of natural disasters happening in the world, or my boyfriend being a turd, but one dream type I keep having is having a child. I dream of loving that child so much it overwhelms me almost, and no greater joy came from me than having that child. Perhaps you are the young child I dream of? Your beautiful, strong, and brave, just like the child I dream of so many nights.

/but forreal my pregnant dreams are getting insane. -.- paranoia much?

Winged

Name: Rosco
Base Color: Red
Markings: Sable
Marking Color(s): See photos
Refs: Click, Click, Click, Click
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

Name: wildfilly94
Base Color: See ref
Markings: See ref
Marking Color(s): http://www.secundi.net/pedigree.php?ID=563157

CrystalAngelNeko

Name: Fraysin
Base Color: White
Markings: little bit of fade on her back....
Marking Color(s): darker gray.

SPO

Name: Guardian
Base Color: Electric Blue
Markings: Mimic of a blue morpho butterfly
Marking Color(s): Black and white

Tempting
Guardian can offer her the chance to begin a pack with him. He can offer her freedom to run and to be her own wolf while still having a family. He can offer her the chance to hunt with him and have all the meat she wants.

I Dream of Stars
I dream about riding my horse and summer time with lots of sunshine and wonderful temperatures. No wind or snow, just warmth and a cool breeze.

Auction
4 SG please

Ember

Ooh, I didn't realize they really were that closely related to wolves. Interesting.

Name: Ilrae
Base color: White
Marking(s): Agouti, ticking
Marking Color(s): Agouti = silver, ticking = light tan
Eye Color: Ice blue
Mutation (optional): Feather Wings
Mutation Color(s): Silver with white tips?
Mutation (optional): N/A
Mutation Color(s): N/A

BabyKittenCandy

Scullisto

Name: Shuka
Markings: Piebald
Marking Color(s):white

I dream of the stars.

When I dream I dream of a log cabin by the lake. Full moon rising over the tree line as the smell of autumn leaves and caramel apples drift across my nose as the sense of excitement and mystery fills up my heart.  The sounds of crackling leaves and campfire logs punctuates the ghost stories being told by all my friends in the crisp autumn air.

Auction
6 SG please

SPO

Silvanon

Auction:  8 SG!

Name: Abide
Base Color:  Black
Markings:  see ref
Marking Color(s): see ref
Ref:  http://www.secundi.net/agencyuploads/1-2abide.gif
However you want to interpret him.  Thanks! :)

Arty

Bribe slots have been added if you'd like to have a little extra on your wolves ;)

Silvanon

Kadana Sorano

*dithers*  Not sure which Bribe category I need to use, what I want has items, but not sure if the rest of the stuff would fall under line edits or mutations or both.
Storm Chasers Current Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3836.0
Storm Chasers Customs Thread: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=3691.0
Okibi Stud and RB Service: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4266.0
Quinsta Studs Free to Use: http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=4308.0

My Eggs/Pets.. they would appreciate some love :) 

hiyoko

Name: Jace
Base Color: white
Eye Color: blue
Markings: http://www.secundi.net/critterpage.php?ID=67937
Marking Color(s): Same as above (black and brown)

Rosedawn

Name: Tristan
Base Color: White
Eye Color: One gold one blue
Markings: None
Marking Color(s):
Preferred Colorist (optional): Easiest wolf ever I don't think any of you will have a problem. Sorta hate to waste my alpha on something so simple (because I really want an isabella) BUT Tris will not be denied. He'd be pretty peeved if he wasn't my alpha.

red_uni387

the lines for these are gorgeous!

Name: Princess
Eye Color: Blue
Markings: Merle
Marking Color(s): Blue/Black
Preferred Colorist (optional): N/A