News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Panda Shrimps} Breeding Thread: Always Open

Started by Panda Shrimps, February 12, 2014, 06:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda Shrimps

(Panda Shrimp lineart & shading by LunarPixie from PI, colored & managed by YLO)
(cookies by PonyMama, breeding items by Laviee, accessoiries by Bunraku)

Panda Shrimps are a genetic mutation/hybrid we found in nature. Panda Shrimps may be traded or resold for anything except USD. They normally have single colored premade markings, but there are other rarer options. You can see the premade markings and read more about them here. You can see all current Panda Shrimps from this world here. Panda Shrimps from different worlds may crossbreed so if you have some from Garden Terrace, PI or Crossroads feel free to use those as well!

Breeding will always be open and work on a turn-based system. You only need bamboo to breed, but there are all sorts of items to further influence breeding! This breeding system is based off Garden Noms and used with TheLeet's permission.

How It Works
If you are interested in breeding Panda Shrimps simply post your username in bold and I shall add you to the list.

With the owner's permission you can borrow a Panda Shrimp for breeding, so you can be on this list even if you don't own any! The list rotates and you are only removed if you post asking so.

Once it's your turn I will send you a PM letting you know. You are free to decline if you don't want to breed at that moment, I will move your name to the bottom of the list and contact the next person. If you don't respond for two weeks you will also move to the bottom of the list, just to keep it moving. I will send a reminder before doing this. Within a week after submitting the forms your babies will arrive and your name will go to the bottom of the list again.

What You Need To Know
* Male x Female pairs only
* Panda Shrimps can breed once per turn, so you can't put a Panda Shrimp in different pairs
* You can breed multiple babies from one pair and/or breed several different pairs.
* One piece of bamboo required per baby, everything else optional
* Bamboo can be purchased by sending 5K (5000) SG to this account
* Other items can be purchased through the agency's store
* You can get up to 5 pieces of bamboo per turn, so 5 unique babies (identical twins possible with golden annelid item). Breeding less is fine!
* You can only keep up to three babies yourself. Trade/gift/sell any extras before they grow
* Babies grow up after 14 days

Waiting List
empty

Panda Shrimps

Basic Breeding
A basic breeding with just bamboo works like this:
* The baby's gender is random
* The baby will display a blend of the parents' colors
* Premade marking showing on both parents are guaranteed to pass
* Premade markings showing on only one parent have a 50% chance of passing
Items can be used to influence things, more info in the next section.

Extra Item Info
* One piece of bamboo is required for each baby, everything else is optional.
* You can combine different item types, for example a blue fairy shrimp with orange krill.
* Fairy shrimps, skeleton shrimps, krill & annelids cannot be stacked. 0-1 of each per baby.
* Copepods and whale lice can be stacked, so you may use multiples on a single baby.
* Golden annelid gives identical twins from just one piece of bamboo, no need for a second.
* Unique markings have a 30% of passing and items do not affect those odds, they only affect premade markings.

Items
You can only buy your breeding items when it's your turn. This post is here to show what's available so you can plot in advance if you wish. It's possible for quantities and/or prices to change over time.

bamboo: basic breeding item, one piece needed to produce a single baby - 5000sg (5 available per turn)
pink fairy shrimp: guarantees that the baby is female
blue fairy shrimp: guarantees that the baby is male
orange krill: guarantees that the baby will only have mom's colors
purple krill: guarantees that the baby will only have dad's colors
white skeleton shrimp: gives the baby all of mom's patterns
blue skeleton shrimp: gives the baby all of dad's patterns
brown skeleton shrimp: lets you pick exactly which markings will pass to the baby
copepod: adds a random marking to the baby
white whale lice: removes all face markings from the baby
pink whale lice: removes all leg markings from the baby
brown whale lice: removes all body markings from the baby
yellow whale lice: removes all scale markings from the baby
red annelid: makes the baby a perma-baby that never grows up
golden annelid: produces an identical twin baby

Panda Shrimps

You can now post to be added to the waiting list! I'll PM you on Secundi or Discord when it's your turn (please include where you prefer to be contacted, otherwise I'll go with Secundi PMs).
Sometimes the list moves very quickly, other times not so much. It's a surprise!

You can also get out of turn breedings if you find a piece of bamboo in Secundi's main site Adventure mode! Those can be turned in by sending a PM to this account or to YLO on Discord.

Sunchaser

I would like to be added to the wait list please!