News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

News from Lav

Started by SPO, March 10, 2014, 12:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPO

From Lav:
I just wanted to pop in and let you guys know what's going down right now. I'm pledging an engineering fraternity, and it's super hard core. Combined with my very heavy course load this semester I literally only pledge, homework, and go to class, and sometimes maybe sleep but usually not. I cut off anything and everything excessive that is not absolutely necessary to my success this semester, and sadly, Secundi had to go. I'm I just disappeared and didn't put up any prior notice, but it came about really suddenly. I didn't know I actually wanted to join this frat until I got my bid, and by that time I was already dragged into endless events and projects. I want to let you guys know that I am alive and well, I miss you guys, and that I will be coming back, but not for another six to eight weeks because that is when pledging ends. I am very, very sorry for disappearing, especially since there are a lot of things I owe people. I promise I am not bailing, and that I will be back.

She wanted me to let you all know. She lost her PW and was a little sleep deprived so she couldn't do the retrieval. She is on Skype though i anyone wants to get ahold of her.

SkySong

Thanks for the update! Will be looking forward to seeing Lav back.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Laviee

After the most trying ten weeks of my life so far, I have finally crossed. My academics have absolutely TANKED during my pledging process, so I am going to be studying hardcore until finals are over, but I will definitely be around now! I'll flit around the booths and maybe post a raffle soon. I really missed it here and I hope I can jump right back in!

Ember

Congrats Laviee! Best of luck on those finals, love.

skysnolimit

Congratulations! PS is that fraternity co-ed?

Laviee

Thanks, guys. Yeah, Theta Tau is a co-ed engineering fraternity!

Winged

Great to see you back Lav! Well done on doing well in the fraternity! One thing... what exactly is a fraternity? I meant to ask before, since we don't have them here (plus i go to college not uni so it's completely different anyway).
Owner of Gliders!

Laviee

There are different kinds of fraternities. There's social ones, where people throw parties and drink, and there are professional ones, where it's more selective based on your ability in the focus on the fraternity. The one I'm in is a professional engineering frat so we are all engineering majors. We host engineering and other events on campus and that kind of stuff, but we are pretty social too. Basically a huge group of friends that hang out a lot (we go hiking and getting food at yummy places, picnic at a lake, etc.) and throw parties for ourselves.