News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Photobucket rant

Started by Victoria, July 02, 2014, 08:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

Photobucket annoys me. On my laptop the photos take years to load and on my phone they dont load at all. I even tried downloading the app but the app just makes it easier to download photos not view them.

Can everyone try to use direct links to photos instead of the photobucket link. It loads faster and we can see the whole picture without having to fuss with photobucket.

Tribbler

that's why I stopped using photobucket
I made a Weebly [like for the Kanins] and put my images there, it's free for the basic package if that's your concernt <3

Victoria

Yesss! Thats why i love your adopts because its so easy to quickly veiw all the mutations and genes! And to veiw the pets i already have.

Tribbler

-bows-
I hated photobucket ever since they changed it to the layout it is now, I cancelled my PAID subscription [because basically they tole me in my complaint that "the whole site is like this now and it's a bigger better future for everyone"]

because we had a loooot of images on there and had to pay to have the room for them... >-> They just lost money from me is all

And weebly is so nice and easy to use/build, The old builder [when i made the kanin site] lagged and was a PITA to use, But the new Weebly site builder
Oh GAWD i am in love with it!

Ohhh BTW~! If you need to pm me your image for Victoria [the character in the adventure]
Full size, and i'll make you a use-able-button with her name on it for RP's, and if you add a description of her it'll also be put on your owner page :)

Neocridders

I honestly haven't used photobucket since the big changeover. I've used Tinypic for what I need, which isn't great for organization but is nice for my purposes when I have a site/thread to put the images. It isn't great if you need something organized. I just like it because it's a quick way to share images.

Most of my artwork on secundi just goes into the secundi site agency stuff anyway, so the site organizes my stuff for me.

Weebly is great if you need something like a website to organize. I've been using that to showcase my artwork. The setup is nice.
I don't know if I like all of the ways they display my artwork in galleries, but it's pretty nifty anyway.

Tribbler

did you take the cropping off the galleries? Because you can change how many per a row, the cropping, and spacing, I use the Galleries for he Kanin images :)

Neocridders

I'm quite sure that I did. That's not my issue. I just don't like it. But that's my personal opinion. If it's good for your purpose, that's nice. For my artwork portfolio, I don't like certain aspects it does for it. It's not as customizable as I wanted it to be. But it's just a little thing.

Tribbler

Ya, it is midly frustrating to have all the extra space put in at times, and not being able to tier them

SPO

All I use for things that are not in my agency is Photobucket. It has never been a problem for me and is easy to organize. I plan on continuing to use it since I really have never had issues with it to be honest.