News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

What's been keeping Neo busy? [Image Heavy]

Started by Neocridders, July 13, 2014, 04:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

I've been here.. but I've also been very distracted. To the point where I rarely pick up the laptop anymore. I'm just too preoccupied...

This is Griff. He's a beagle (or so the person dad got him from says) and he's 15 weeks (or so the person dad got him from says... I'm thinking more like 9 weeks... ) and he is a freaking cute soft little squeaky thing. He never shuts up unless he is sleeping or being held (working on this) Pippa just wants to tackle him and roll around on him. Pippa is much too big right now but someday he will probably be bigger. I imagine he will be able to play with her soon. But he is so passive. He lets her knaw on him and it's really weird. So we keep him away from her at the moment. Otherwise Pippa gets too excited and nips.

Also been working on my Smaug costume (these were from a week ago, but I've just purchased a knitting pattern from CraftyMutt, so I'm going to use mostly knitting from now on. Might add a few chainmail rings for a prettier effect on the ends. We'll see. I might need to order some more chain mail, I've got almost exactly enough for some gloves but I was hoping for some little bits for jewelry as well. Oh well, guess this is where my  commission money will go to!

What else has been going on? Ummm...

Been watching a new show I've gotten into (Orange is the New Black) and I'm IN LOVE with this show. Not what I usually watch (cough sherlock cough merlin cough doctor who) but it's brilliant and I'm a huge fan. No spoilers, I'm stillon season 2! Let me just say that I finished season one in a day... oops.

While watching shows I'll either do chain mail or work in zbrush. I've not had much inspiration for finishing my commissions lately... oops. I'll get to those soon >.>
Some zbrush doodles I've done (never done a human or clothing so don't critique it was just for practice!)

Anyway. That's what's going on. I am on puppy patrol basically every moment of my life. My parent's aren't great with puppy training so I guess this is all me until I go back to school. Hopefully they will both be better trained by me before I go. Then my parents can take care of them (and not screw them up too badly...)

I'M going INsAnE right now. Been on and off super depressed lately. Trying to just stay alive and stuff. Living life is kinda hard guys. Yeah.

Anyway. Yep.
That's me.
<3

Laviee

Your new puppy is SO cute. I just want to cuddle him forever. And wowowow the chainmail stuff looks really pretty I'm really excited to see more pictures! And your model looks really, really good. Did you follow a tutorial or know of any? I never heard of zBrush, but I've played around in Maya before and really want to start making more stuff! Sounds like you're keeping busy, that's good! Miss you around, though!

Tribbler

I See a Corgi!
Corgi's are total win!
The other puppy is adorable to! <3

Silvanon

D'awe, cute puppy is cute!  Thanks for the update!

Neocridders

Quote from: Laviee on July 13, 2014, 06:44:36 PM
Your new puppy is SO cute. I just want to cuddle him forever. And wowowow the chainmail stuff looks really pretty I'm really excited to see more pictures! And your model looks really, really good. Did you follow a tutorial or know of any? I never heard of zBrush, but I've played around in Maya before and really want to start making more stuff! Sounds like you're keeping busy, that's good! Miss you around, though!
More pictures of chainmail? :) Finished glove one just now. I'll post picture below!

I didn't really follow any tutorials, but I did take a class that revolved around this program (nearly destroyed me). It's a fun program. It's more for sculpting, not as easy to get good polygons, but really easy to get shapes you want (if you know what you are doing). It's more like real clay. Trying to get it to be good with polygons is REALLY difficult, though. So... yeah. I struggle with the technical stuff beyond the sculpting because we didn't learn much of that. I'm sure I'll get better over time and practice. But nope, no tutorials. I should practice more with Maya since that's our main program at my school. I just love zbrush so much XD

Quote from: Tribbler on July 13, 2014, 07:04:34 PM
I See a Corgi!
Corgi's are total win!
The other puppy is adorable to! <3
That's Pippa! She's really cute. We got her on Mother's day, so in May. She's a puppy (kinda) too. But we've had her a bit longer!

:D
Annnndd new picture of scale glove for smaug costume:

Starlight Tavern

That glove is overflowing with sheer awesomeness. Just saying.

Neocridders

Gloves are close to finished. They are finished being knitted and I'm sewing them. I'm not finishing them off because I haven't decided how exactly I want the thumbs to be.
Anyway, yeah.

And today little Pippa got on the table. A short little corgi. Is on the table. This is what I do all day: Look after these things.