News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Who's your FAVORITE Quin?

Started by Ryuukokoro, October 03, 2020, 11:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

I know, I know, I'm so cruel!  ;) But I thought this would be a fun idea for a thread.

If you could only choose ONE Quin that you own as your favorite, who would it be? Only one! I know it's hard!

For me, I have a lot of Quins that are "faves," but if I could only choose one, I think it would be this girl.

I know she's not a special breed or even a successful breeding project, but for some reason she's always been my fave. Her name is Brown Sugar Sunshine and I just love all her different brown tones and how the tobiano covers her shoulders like a little cape.

Feel free to use my thread here to post your own Quin as a reply, I'd love to see everyone's favorite Quin and hear why he/she is a fave.  :D

Kahlira

She is very pretty XD

Gah, choosing one? But so many I love for so many reasons...

I think I'll go with Redelna'Leui(Nature's Majesty) though. She was my first. She might not be the flashiest of things, but she was mine. Iirc I was allowed to use her mum as a RB and.. I dunno. Red and me, we're besties. When I was a child, I had a horse toy I named Nature's Majesty. It was a bay with 4 stockings and a bald face (Came with two identical foals too) And so the name. Red was my first.

springacres

You are cruel, Ryuu!  I have so many I love for all sorts of reasons.  But my favorite?  That would be Florica.

She was my first, a plain black tobiano Vanner mare, and she's been the cornerstone of my Vanner herd ever since.  I own four of her daughters, both of her sons, one granddaughter and one grandson, and every one of her children has been tobiano.  I couldn't have asked for a better first Quin.

YourLoveOnly

This is SO hard! But I think I am going with Mil'tupten.

I swear he looks like he has tobiano, but his pedigree and description say otherwise. He's from a regular breeding season and didn't have a magic marking ticket used, so I consider this a very fortunate accident. I love his soft colors and the fact that his personality (calm and sweet) seems to match it!

Aralie

Only picking one is so hard! There are so many that I love <3 Rowe would have to be one of my top favs though. Brown is one of my fav coats and her blanket appy and splash overo just give her such a gorgeous look ^_^

Pinkshadow

skysnolimit

BEAUTIFUL Quin, all!

So... I think I have some real stunners XD.... but James has always stood out to me.  He positively glows and is magnificent, and was my first chestnut Andalusian after I had been coveting one for a long time.  As I recall, I was in the middle of a long breeding project for it (the recessive ee gene required two independent breeding lines to get it into Andalusians without inbreeding), when all of a sudden a chestnut Andalusian just popped up in the bribes.  The gene had been there, hiding, all along!!!!!!

That's just how I remember it.  I don't even think I got to claim that chestnut Andalusian; by the looks of it, CrystalAngelNeko did!  But it seems she let me have an RB with her mare soon afterward, and out came James <3 <3 <3

Ember

Such a hard choice but my favourite has to be Legatus! So many of my favourite genes on one Quin!

Sarah Badr

Sunchaser

Even inbred I'd have to say ethereal :)

Country

Ok, I have several that I love, but I think this girl has made it to my Favorite spot!

Rosewood

For me, I would have to say my absolute favorite has to be this boy. He has yet to find a name, but still. I still cant believe I was the first to breed Leopard Appaloosa into the Fjords. He brought me so much joy even just as a description.