News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

New adopt or ST only?

Started by SkySong, October 11, 2020, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkySong

Long time no see guys!

I've got a bit of a status update as well as a new adopt idea to throw at you, apologies in advance for the wall of text.

Regarding adopts that have been around for a while, I still have the lines for Starlight Tavern and Little Chimaera. I'm NOT interested in running LC anymore, and as it stands it'll probably go to Aralie since she's the only other active colorist if she is so inclined to run it. As for ST, I don't think I want to abandon the shop, but I want to be able to keep adding to the lines and I'd need to figure out the shading style all over again. I also likely need to redo the program I used for spitting out breedings for me. They will probably make a reappearance in a month or so depending on how rl goes for me.

On the other end of things, I've had an adopt knocking around in my head for a while that I could start immediately but it'd mean I'd be splitting my secundi time between this new adopt and ST. It'd only start off with a single set of lines (no baby stage, no different poses for male/female) but that means I could finish mutations more quickly.

These guys would run similarly to Quinsta. They would come with their own genetic system like Quin do (sorry not sorry, I love me my genetics). There'd be a breeding season, you get a written description, pick your hatchlings, then I color. Premades would be sporadic and generally the purpose of them would be to release new markings/mutations.

I suppose the 'help' part of this is; do you want to see this new adopt or would you rather see ST? This is very much just testing the waters. If people aren't ready for a new adopt and would rather see ST return that's no skin off my back.

As always, if I owe you anything ST wise (or LC) please let me know! I realize the ST white elephant event I ran three years ago might not be completely wrapped up but I believe it was all various customs and nothing has been colored yet. At this point unless there's a good reason for me to continue it I'll call it done and move on.
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

SeaCrest

These are lovely and I would absolutely be interested in seeing them around!!

YourLoveOnly

Starlight Tavern is my love, but whatever makes you happy works for me! So if you'd enjoy being able to alternate two shops, go for it!

Pinkshadow

I like the lines, they are beautiful, but i tend to prefer adopts where there is at least male/female lines. :)

I love the ST, and i would love to manage to get hands on those, when they make a return :)

SkySong

SeaCrest - so nice to hear you like them!!

YLO - <3

Pink - ST will be around eventually! Is it necessarily the male/female lines or just a variety of poses?

Pinkshadow

Hmm props just a variety of poses and these are super beautiful so if you bring them i will participate what i can. ❤️

Also because i really being here <3

SkySong

<3 back at you dear~

I have plans of mutations (oni teeth, feathered whiskers, more facial fur, extra fur along legs, different scale types) but would also be interested in doing different body shapes for these guys and making different breeds.

Pinkshadow

Ryuukokoro

Those are very pretty lines but I love ST! I would like to see it return and the more events, the better!  ;D You could always change the ST breeding to be more like what you described for these lines? With genetics and everything. That would be fun!

YourLoveOnly

ST breedings are already based on genetics ^^

red_uni387

The art for these is beautiful!! I would love to see them as an adopt, but please don't push yourself if 2 shops would be too much <3 <3

SkySong

Ryuu - YLO is correct, ST has always had genetics backing it. Part of the reason I'm looking to pass on LC is that I like having breedings but hate trying to combine parents without genetics telling me what the offspring should look like. I will probably also move ST off kitten lines since iirc that was part of what made them hard to run for me.

red - thank you hun <3 I'm not sure if having two shops going at the same time will be too much or will help me stay engaged since they're fairly different.

Sunchaser

Sent you a message on dischord :)

Silvanon

I'm definitely interested in both ST and these new lines, but in a choice between the two I'd pick for ST to continue.

skysnolimit

The way you colored coat patterns on ST was incredible.  I also miss them :-)  Any chance of such intricate coatwork with the dragons, or are you aiming for something different with them?

Riverwind

These lines are certainly beautiful and I would not want to see beautiful art wasted. I see so much potential in them. On the other hand, I would not want to see ST lose the attention it deserves either. I would follow both shops for sure, even if ST is adjusted a bit to make it more comfortable for you, but I think in the end it would be more a question of if you have the time and more importantly the mental energy to devote to two different shops. <3

SkySong

Sunny - <3

Silv - thank you!! I appreciate you letting me know~

skys - they'll have the possibility for it! But I'm planning on making them a little bit of work to get. Complicated coats are pretty but they're not very sustainable for me to make many of, all the time.

River - I do have other places I can take the lines, so I wouldn't see it as a waste if people don't like them. Thank you for the support <3 I think so long as I pace myself it won't be a problem.

Aralie

These new lines are amazing, I would love to see them come here but I also love ST and want to collect more of them too XD I would be happy to see either or both of them being available here <3

Luv007

I love these lines and the coloring!! Beautiful!

SkySong

<3 to you both!

I think I will see about starting these guys up soon, then. Thank you everyone for your kind words and support <3

Lectral

I am extremely far behind reading stuff right now... but ST is one of the things I keep coming back to look for.  I miss them immensely >.>

Wildfilly94

My heart has been with ST since they came onto secundi, and without Feli, it'a what helped fill the void. I would love the focus to be on ST. New lines are also awesome and cool, but choosing between the two I'd absolutely say ST.