News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CLOSED - [Plamps] The Plamp Tent

Started by Plamps, May 22, 2021, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plamps

The tents of the Plamp sale have been rearranged, and look a little bit more organized now. There is also more equipment laid out on tables -- pots of different sizes, potting soil, little garden rakes and spades, etc. The different tables all have different things on them, and you go to take a look at each.

Basic Plamp Information

Plamps are alive, but... well, not quite creatures. They grow much like normal plants, with soil and sunlight or whatever other special things they might need, but they also thrive on interaction with the world around them, in a limited sort of capacity. Ever heard that plants grown better with music playing? Well, this is extra true for Plamps! And if you talk to them, while they can't talk back, you might find that the leaves wiggle in a way that suggests agreement or excitement, or a mushroom stalk might seem to do a little dance.

When you first obtain a cutting or seedling, it will appear rather plain. Starting out, the Plamps are mostly shades of gray or very pale colors, and if they have markings, they are quite subtle. But with fertilizer and cross-pollination and other techniques, you can create more vibrant and unique varieties! Who knows what sort of genetics those Plamps are hiding under the drab starter exterior?

The Basics:

• There are many species of Plamps, with more being discovered as time goes on!
  • Starter plamps will be gray or pale, and if marked, it will be very faint. In some cases, starters will have no markings or colors at all, but they always have the potential to carry them genetically!
  • Plamps can pass on their markings and colors.
  • Plamps can be 'bred' via cross-pollination to create offspring.
  • Plamps can also reproduce via other methods, like cuttings and grafting, to create similiar offspring or combinations of Plamp species.
  • With each generation, Plamp colors and markings will get brighter and more pronounced. The opportunity for multi-colored, multi-marked Plamps is very possible!
  • And never forget... Plamps can be full of surprises!

Plamps

New Plamp-people

Do you have less than 6 Plamps? Well then, you're in luck!
Fill out the following form, and you'll be given two free Plamps of the same breed!

[b][color=red]New Plamps Please![/color][/b]
Name:

Plamps

Plamp Proliferation

'Breeding' will now work a bit differently thanks to the auto-breeding item!

For all Plamp crossings, you will need two items.
Each will need Sunshine in a Bottle, plus either a Bee or a Grafting Wand*, depending on the type of breeding. Other items may also be used when they become available.

The Sunshine in a Bottle is the auto-breeding item, so you can submit your request via the Use Agency Items option in Secundi. Please list the other items you are using in the Comments of that. (And make sure you have them in your inventory!)

Bees, Grafting Wands, and some of the extra items will be sold via the Plamp Secundi Store when they are available. (We're still waiting on some of those shipments...) Other items may be findable via Secundi Adventures or Plamp Events. (You can view what's currently in circulation here!)

Sunshine in a Bottle is a little hard to come by! Please see the next post for how to obtain more.

You may submit as many Plamp crossings at a time as you wish. The only limiting factor will be how many Bottles of Sunshine you have. Please note that it might take Saturn some time to get you your Plampbabies, especially if you submit a ton at once, and it might be wise to space them out to use the Plamps you get from one crossing in your next request! They will be done in the order that Saturn receives them.

Bees are needed for same-species Plamp breedings. Grafting Wands are needed to cross two Plamps of different species.

As the Plamps are being crossed and not bred, inbreeding is of no concern!

*Grafting Wands (and other items) coming soon

Plamps

Collecting Sunshine

You find one table is full of empty bottles and a basket of corks. "Ready to gather some sunlight?" Saturn asks, gesturing for you to take a bottle. "There's not really a specific technique. You kinda just have to convince a sunbeam to go into the bottle, and then cork it up real fast. Good luck!"

Well then.

Every week, you can try to fill some bottles with sunshine. (A week will be considered the point of time between 12:00am (midnight) Secundi time at the start of Monday, to 11:59pm on Sunday night. You don't have to post exactly a week apart or anything like that, you can just only post once within that time frame each week.)

You will receive at least 7 Bottles of Sunshine, but have the chance to fill up to 17, if you're willing to put in a little extra effort!

To fill your bottles, please roll 1d20. Your roll will determine how many bottles you fill!
1, 2, or 3: 7 bottles
4, 5, or 6: 8 bottles
7, 8, or 9: 9 bottles
10 or 11: 10 bottles
12 or 13: 11 bottles
14 or 15: 12 bottles
16 or 17: 13 bottles
18: 14 bottles
19: 15 bottles
20: 16 bottles

To receive an extra bottle, write a little blurb about what you're doing to trap the sunshine in the bottle! It can just be a few sentences long.

Sunshine in a Bottle is also findable via the Secundi Adventures!

As a thank you, anyone who participated in the Introductory post will find 5 Bottles of Sunshine already in their inventory!

Plamps

Acquisition Expedition

Another table has flasks of water, sunscreen, small flowerpots, bug catching nets, and other such equipment. "We've discovered more Plamps farther out around the grounds of this place! Feel free to venture out once a day and see if you find anything! I've heard rumor that there's more than just Mushrooms..."

Once a day, you may post the form to see if you find anything. You could find Plamps, items, or sometimes maybe just a sparkly pebble or some cool sticks.

Places you may explore:
The Patch of Forest
The Overgrown Flowerfields
The Berry Brambles
The Fishing Pond
The Unkempt Pastures
The Winding Stream
That Swampy Place in the Back

Post the following:

[color=purple][b]Acquisition Expedition[/b][/color]
Place to Explore: [i]Pick one from the list![/i]
Choose a # from 1-10:

The findable items in each location will change! Don't assume that you'll find the same thing in the same place as someone else!

Plamps

SkySong

Woooo!

New Plamps Please!
Name: SkySong
Adoptable threads: None currently ~ Trading thread: N/A ~ Breeding thread

LC Custom Status: Closed
LC Breeding Status: Closed

Luv007

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 20, total 20[/blockquote]

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Patch of Forest
Choose a # from 1-10: 7

Luv007

I forgot the blurb for sunshine!

Luv wraps a blanket around her as she stomps off into the forest.  There is one specific place that the sun always seems to come through the trees.  The floor of the woods in that patch is covered in greenery, making it her favorite place to enjoy nature.  Tucked under the blanket, she held a glass bottle.  She wasn't quite sure how to catch the brilliant sunlight, but this seemed like the perfect place to try!

SkySong

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: That Swampy Place in the Back
Choose a # from 1-10: 9

Plamps

SkySong, here are your new Plamp friends!

---

Luv has a hugely successful day of capturing sunlight, coming away with 17 bottles in total for the week! Saturn makes sure they get safely delivered back to Luv's Secundi inventory.

---

Luv ventures to the Patch of Forest, a familiar place after all of the Mushroom hunts. Looking around, perhaps it would be expected to find another of the Mushrooms, but what Luv finds nestled in a patch of drier soil is something else entirely!

Congratulations!! You have found the first Succulent Plamp, an Echeveria!

---

SkySong heads back to that Swampy Place at the back of the grounds, which most people avoid. After all, it sounds like a pretty good place to spot a Mushroom! But when SkySong gets there, it's not Mushrooms that are found, but... a beehive! Good thing you brought your bug catchin' net! You take a bee home! (Don't worry, they find their way back to the hive after helping to pollinate!)

SkySong

After returning from the swamp with a buzzing bee and mud clinging to my boots I stop to observe the bottles set out for sunlight collecting. Perhaps..... I wander back home to deposit the bee for safe keeping and return the the Plamps Tent with all the hand mirrors I could find. I start setting them up at various angles to attempt to force the sunlight directly into the bottles. It's only after I've finished setting things up that a thought occurred. I sure hope focused sunlight doesn't.... explode the bottles, or something.

Plamps

SkySong's plan works like a charm! The mirrors do their part in directing the sunlight into the bottles, and thankfully, the glass is tough and doesn't have any problem holding the golden beams. SkySong heads home with 17 bottles of sunshine!

SunshineWarrior

One morning, I asked my mom if she could help me catch the sun, she says yes about helping me catch the sun!
mom and me go on a space ship to the sun!When we get there we ran into a space worm!we are very quiet and the worm gos away!we go to the sun and catch it!I ran back to the ship and scream WE COTE THE SUN!

THE END!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Overgrown Flowerfields
Choose a # from 1-10: 5

toffeeca

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 15, total 15[/blockquote]

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Berry Brambles
Choose a # from 1-10: 3

skysnolimit

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 8, total 8[/blockquote]

In the unkempt pastures, I find a spot of ground where it looks like an animal slept last night and set my bottle in the center of it, then kneel down and rest my arms and face on the ground too, letting the sun tan the back of my neck and praying for a ray to nestle down and slumber in my bottle the same way that animal did last night!

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Unkempt Pastures
Choose a # from 1-10: 12

YourLoveOnly

I head to my favorite spot. Once there I play some music and dance my heart out! After all, if rain dances exist, it must work for sunshine too, right?!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Berry Brambles

Luv007

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Overgrown Flowerfields
Choose a # from 1-10: 8

Saturnalia

SunshineWarrior's awesome adventure is full of excitement and some danger, and brings in lots of sunlight! She goes home with 8 bottles of sunshine!

SunshineWarrior
goes out to explore the Overgrown Flowerfields! There are lots of wildflowers blooming, and they have grown tall enough to make looking for anything underneath them hard! Still, she spots a familiar shape and finds a Mushroom!

Toffeeca heads out with some bottles, determined to catch some sunshine! It works out, and 12 bottles are brought home! Nice!

Toffeeca heads out to the Berry Brambles. As the name suggests, there are quite a few berry bushes! Raspberries and blackberries are just about ripe, but it looks like other types of bushes, some spent and some with berries still to come are also mixed in. It's a spiky place, but worth the trouble... Toffeeca finds the second ever Echeveria!!

Skysnolimit tries to lure the sunlight into that cozy spot, and has some success! In the end, 10 bottles are brought home! Well done!

Skysnolimit - can you pick a number from 1-10 for the Expedition? (Not sure if that was a typo for 2 or not) It will still count towards May 22 though so feel free to post again today as well!

YLO dances away! And it does make sense; why wouldn't sun like dancing, too? In the end, some happy little sunbeams find their way into 8 bottles!

YLO is called to those Berry Brambles... after all, if you get hungry, there are plenty of snacks just waiting to be picked! It does make for tricky searching, but in the end YLO finds not a Plamp, but a little bee friend!

Luv treks out to the flowerfields! There's plenty of blossoms of regular ol' plants to be found, and it's tempting to pick a few to bring home to brighten things up! Too tempting to resist, in fact. In the end, Luv doesn't find any Plamps, but does emerge with a nice bouquet!

Wildfilly94

New Plamps Please!
Name: Wildfilly94

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

To catch sunshine, hmm, difficult task. Where shall we start? I try to hold a bottle raised up over my head to coax the sunlight in! Hmm, but the trees are in the way. Okay, I have a sub visor, maybe if I just lay that out and set the bottle on top... -rummaging around to set up the sunshine collector station-. Well, I'm not sure how well that worked since I'm new to this, but it looks like the suns rays trickled down between the clouds a little, hitting the opening at the top of the bottle, so fingers crossed!

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Berry Brambles

SeaCrest

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Winding Stream
Choose a # from 1-10: 4

Kahlira

New Plamps Please!
Name: Kahlira
(Only have 5)

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Pick one from the list! The Unkempt Pasture
Choose a # from 1-10: 2

How does one bottle sunshine you may ask yourself? Well, it's simple. First, you need a bottle. It can't be just any old bottle. It's got to be a special bottle. I prefer the "reuse" method. So using my smrt water bottle, I'd go outside, wait for the rain, and wait for the sun to shine again afterwards, and allow it to fill the rest of the bottle. Bonus! You get a rainbow!

SunshineWarrior

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Overgrown Flowerfields

SkySong

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Unkept Pastures
Choose a # from 1-10: 10

skysnolimit

Silly me!  Expedition number for yesterday: 8, please!  Thank you!

skysnolimit

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Winding Stream

I drink some water from the winding stream and start lifting up rocks every now and again to see what's underneath!

toffeeca

Acquisition Expedition

YourLoveOnly

Singing a very off-key rendition of Walking on Sunshine, YLO returns for a new week to bottle up more sunshine! Hopefully the sunshine will care more about effort and heart than actual musical ability, otherwise this isn't gonna work XD

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Fishing Pond

Luv007

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Berrry Brambles

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Luv gathered her comfy blanket around her shoulders, enjoying the coolness of the morning.  Last week's expedition for catching sunshine was so successful that she thought she might sit and see the magic this week.  Finding a place amongst the grass to sit, she carefully checked for spiders before sitting down to enjoy the sounds of nature and observe the experiment ahead.

toffeeca

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 19, total 19[/blockquote]

Acquisition Expedition
Choose a # from 1-10: 6

SkySong

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Fishing Pond

SeaCrest

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: That Swampy Place in the Back
Choose a # from 1-10: 2

Plamps

Wildfilly
Here are your new Plamps!

Wildfilly makes a solid attempt to lure in some sunlight, and manages to go home with 9 bottles!

Wildfilly tromps out to the Berry Brambles, eager to see what there is to be found. Berries! There are berries to be found. Lots and lots of berries. But alas, no plamps!

SeaCrest heads over to the winding stream, a pleasant little waterway full of tiny fish and smooth, round pebbles. It seems a solid place to look for Plamps, after all, normal plants seem to like it's banks quite a bit. That does make it a bit difficult to search, since it's such a lush area, but the hard work absolutely pays off... a Succulent is found!

Kahlira
Here are your new Plamps!

Kahlira heads out to the pasture, hoping the tall grass doesn't hide all of its secrets away. But seriously, how does grass even get this tall?! How has it not fallen over yet?? Can a lawnmower even mow this anymore?!? As Kahlira ponders these things, a friendly bee bumbles by, interrupting the thoughts. A quick-but-gentle swipe with the bug net catches it!

Kahlira ventures out with her bottle, determined to catch that sunshine and with a plan to do just that. And it works, with that added bonus of rainbow! 8 bottles are obtained!

SunshineWarrior can't resist all of those wildflowers, and ventures out to the flowerfields. There are so many different kinds of blooms! Pink and red, blue and purple, yellow and orange, and with petals all shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, it's easy to become distracted by the flowers, and no Plamps are found!

SkySong heads to the pastures! It's good that it's daylight; that tall, tall grass would be kind of spooky to try and navigate through in the dark. It would be hard to see anything crouched down in it, aside from the movement of the stalks. Just as that thought comes to mind, there's motion from a nearby stalk-- but just a very tiny motion. Out pops a chubby bumblebee!

Skysnolimit heads to the pastures as well, to see what might be found. It's like a sea of gently waving green, and with subtly different hues - emerald and seafoam and some that has tints of lime. A sound not quite like the ocean comes to the ear, and pushing aside some of the stalks of grass, a beehive nestled into a fallen log on the ground comes into view! Well, that explains all the bees out here... might as well snag one!

Skysnolimit heads out to the stream the next day, eager to see what awaits! The water is cool and sweet, very pleasant and clear enough to easily see to the bottom. The gentle sound of it flowing is almost hypnotic, as is that buzzing... wait, buzzing? Oh, well, it's a bee friend!

Toffeeca heads to another section of stream, and finds a nice, shady tree at the edge to look around under. A small movement catches the eye just in the water-- oh no! A bee has ended up in the stream and is struggling to get out. Toffeeca rescues the lil' bug and brings it home.

YLO does a lovely job with her rendition, though perhaps it makes the sunlight more inclined to dance around than to settle in the bottles! Still, 8 bottles are brought home!

YLO heads on out to the Fishing Pond, though not with the intention to catch any fish. After all, there are Plamps to find! Some may argue that Plamps are not as exciting as fish, but that is clearly just not true. And as if to prove the point, right smack dab in the middle of the bank is a Mushroom!

Luv tries the Berry Brambles today. It really is a win-win, because even if you find no Plamps, you get berries. But Luv gets the ultimate win and finds not just tasty berries, but another Succulent! Woohoo!

Luv gets comfy and waits for the sunshine to come. And apparently, the sunshine wants to be comfy, too, because it streams down in golden beams and settles in 16 bottles!

Toffeeca goes out to collect some sunshine... and comes back very successful with 15 bottles!

Toffeeca ventures to the patch of forest. It's a known Mushroom hangout, after all! And it's a lovely place to spend some time, as well. Unfortunately, the forest's peaceful greenery is all Toffeeca finds today!

SkySong is drawn to the fishing pond today, hoping to find something good. The edges of the pond are a bit overgrown in some areas with tall reeds, and the surface of the pond is full of water plants, but it still makes for a lovely place to explore. While bending over to get a better look at a water lily, SkySong spots a familiar shape right on the edge of the bank!

SkySong breaks out the bottles and hopes for a good day of sun-catching! And a good day it is, with 16 bottles full at the end of it!

SeaCrest heads out to the swampy place. Perhaps there will be Mushrooms to be found! It's a good place for them, after all. Alas, SeaCrest just finds... mud. A lot of mud. Enough that a shoe is almost lost to it and a heroic rescue mission must be undertook to retrieve said shoe. Ah, well...

Aralie

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 13, total 13[/blockquote]
Sunshine... how do I put sunshine in a bottle!? Oh well, may as well try... *Runs around crazily with an open bottle trying to chase sunbeams*

Acquisition Expedition

YourLoveOnly

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Winding Stream

Luv007

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Fishing Pond

skysnolimit

Acquisition Expedition
Choose a # from 1-10: 1

Refreshed from the Winding Stream, skys is ready for another delight to her senses and heads to the Overgrown Flowerfields!  What will she find?  Flowers happily spreading and overtaking one another?  Or are they overgrown with... weeds?

SkySong

Acquisition Expedition

Plamps

Aralie has a rather energetic approach to catching the sunbeams, and it seems to work out well! 12 bottles are brought home!

Aralie heads on out to the fishing pond. Others have had pretty good luck there, so it seems a good place to search for Plamps! Gazing out over the water, every now and then a fish breaks the surface. One fish jumps quite far out of the water, snapping its mouth at a bug, who is flying as fast as its little buzzy wings can carry it-- it's a bee! Aralie manages to save the little buggy from being a fish snack.

YLO tries her luck out at the stream! There's a bend in it where some rocks make a tiny little waterfall of sorts, and it's a lovely place to look around for Plamps. And splashing through to the other side is hardly a chore, as the water temperature is perfect and the bottom isn't too rocky or slippery. A bush on the other side, right on the bank, makes for a good place for searching. No Plamps come into view, but there is a beehive!

Luv heads on out to the Fishing Pond. It's so nice and peaceful, with birdcalls and the quiet noises of insects (thankfully none too close by, though!) There's a bit of a path that goes around the pond, and Luv walks it, looking for anything of interest. Alas, there's nothing to find today, but it's a very pleasant way to spend the afternoon all the same!

Skysnolimit makes her way out to the overgrown flowerfields. The scent is intoxicating; not overwhelming, but a wonderful mix of the various flowers in the area. A patch of bright red poppies catches the eye, and not too far off are purple asters. Even the weeds seem determined to put on a show; the dandelions are huge and cheerful, and wild phlox is scattered around everywhere. It's beautiful! Which is good, because there is, alas, nothing else of note to see while out today.

SkySong decides that the patch of forest is a good choice for today. A little bit of shade sounds nice, and there's still plenty of places to explore in there where Plamps might be hiding. SkySong spends some time poking around in a half-fallen tree, and finds a cache of acorns probably belonging to a squirrel, as well as the remnants of an old bird's nest. But the best find is a Mushroom!

toffeeca

Acquisition Expedition

SunshineWarrior

In an attempt to avoid the distraction that the flowers caused last time,

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Forest

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14[/blockquote]

I GO TO THE SUN! I CATCH THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aralie

Acquisition Expedition

Wildfilly94

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: The Unkempt Pastures

Kahlira

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Pick one from the list! The swampy place in the back!

skysnolimit

Acquisition Expedition

After frolicking in the fields, skys really needs... A BREAK.  She casts a line into the pond, leans the rod against a pretty log nearby, reclines back, and sinks into slumber.

toffeeca

Acquisition Expedition
Choose a # from 1-10: 4

SeaCrest

Acquisition Expedition

YourLoveOnly

Acquisition Expedition
Place to Explore: Swampy place in back