News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Quinsta Mini Game! To celebrate upcoming breeding season!

Started by Ryuukokoro, August 30, 2021, 09:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryuukokoro

(PS: Sil gave the okay for this event :) )

I wanted to celebrate Quin breeding season coming up so I thought it would be fun to have a little game here!

The game: Simple raffle. I'll probably pull about 5 random winners after the ending date.

How to enter: Post the image of one of your favorite Quinsta that you own here in this thread, along with a little write-up (a sentence or two is fine) about why he or she is your fave. But keep it in-character! Tell me why they're your favorite Quin, not your favorite adoptable, if that makes sense. (I.e. personality or backstory about how you met your Quin or something amazing they did in their life, etc.)

The time: Everyone has until September 11 at end of day to enter. I'll pull winners when I wake up on the 12th.

The prizes: It'sa seeeeecret oh ho ho! I shall have some Quin things of my own to give away to the winners, free breedings with my mares and such.  ;D

Luv007

Luv rolled the window down as she turned into the farm's drive, letting the smell of hay and manure float into the car.  Familiar, comforting.... home.  Hakli'dixa's ears perked from where he was grazing in the field as the familiar blue vehicle parked under a shady tree, greeting Luv with a nicker as she stepped out of her car.  The side of her mouth crinkled into a smirk.  That big, pretty boy always knew how to put a smile on her face.  She grabbed her barn boots and threw them over her shoulder-- she always left the laces tied together between wears for exactly this kind of convenience.  Hakli pricked his head up and set off in a showy, slow trot towards his feed bucket.  Luv let out a chuckle... always thinking with his tummy.  She dropped a few of the sour skittles from the bag in her pocket into his feed bucket.  Hakli had grown to appreciate the diabetic's tendency to always have a sugary treat at hand.  She ducked through the hot wire that fenced the pasture as Hakli finished his treat.  He relaxed his neck as Luv ran her hand down his smooth neck.  His mane was tangled again, of course.  It never seemed to stay "pretty" for long.  She half-loved that since it was evidence of the frolicking that always brought her so much joy to watch.  "You'll always be my boy, buddy," Luv whispered as she cradled his giant head against her own face.

springacres

Florica is easily my favorite Quin.  She's definitely a slow and stubborn girl, and nowhere near my flashiest, but she won my heart when her first foal came out a stunning flaxen red dun tobiano.  Every one of her foals to date has been tobiano, and she and her offspring have produced some truly lovely Quinsta.   (I just now found out that the first tobiano appaloosa Quarter Horse is a descendant of hers!  *tear*)

Ember

Legatus here is my favourite not just because he's such a handsome boy - with an excitable personality to match - with so very many of my favourite genes but because he was the start of my very first breeding project of dun and roan into Shires! He was such a good boy to start with and looking at how far the project has come makes me so proud of him as the origin of it and made me excited to continue with different projects afterward.

Aralie

Aralie walks over to the pasture that her mustangs are currently occupying.
"Pick a favourite and tell us why.... Ryuu must know that that will make the rest jealous... they are going to demand so many extra treats... Oh well." She mutters to herself as she let's herself through the gate and gives a sharp whistle. It takes a few moments but then a thunder of hooves comes over the slight hill as a rather large herd of mustangs come up and start vying for her attention. After giving everyone a quick pat Aralie makes her way through the herd until she comes across Rowe.
"Hello my sweet, how are you today?" Aralie coos as she gives Rowe a good scratch on her neck. "Rowe here has been a fav of mine since she was just a little filly. She of course has an absolutely amazing coat, the different browns shimmer in the sun and her markings are so pretty, but she also is such a sweet girl who loves to follow me around and trusts me enough to try things even if they scare her at first."

Midnight Phantom

White light prism is my favorite because of his coat and personality. He's sweet calm and fast which makes him look like there was a rainbow on the field when he runs. Makes me wonder a lot more about the mages and the world he comes from.

Kahlira

You never forget your first. Years ago (just a smidge over 11 to be precise,  her birthday was the 28th!) I was a newbie to this adoptable. I was given permission to use a pretty lady (Dunkel's Anise) and went in search of a perfect match for her. It didn't take too long to settle on your own Big Red Thunder.(I wanted a bay with four stockings and a bald face) Now, she might appear to be a super plain lady, and by today's standards, she is. But that's perfectly fine with me. When I was younger,  I had some cheap dollar store horses that were about the size that a GI Joe could ride (the smaller guys, not the 12 inch ones) and one was a bay with four stockings and a bald face. Breed uncertain. But it had a draft feel to it. Her name was Nature's Majesty. Going through the Gavanian dictionary,  I found Nature's Majesty. It translated to Redelna'Leui. And so Red became my very first Quin. And being the newbie I was, I was offered another foal, but I think I turned it down because I didn't want to impose or take something that wasn't mine.

Red really isn't the fanciest of Quin, but she is my most beloved.

YourLoveOnly

Picking a favorite is nearly impossible, but Lume is truly a one-of-a-kind Quin. You see, she was a very special kind of surprise! Normally, a Quin only gives birth to a single foal. But Lume is a twin, which makes her pretty special already. Even more interesting, she was only discovered days after her twin sister, so imagine my great surprise! The Gavanian program let me keep both, which was very generous. I also love the soft shades in Lume's coat, it makes her look extra sweet and graceful.

((Or OOC the story of how Silv didn't mark my foal as colored and I ended up with two very pretty ladies <3 <3))

SeaCrest

Relatively young, Moonriver was born to Adastreia Stables on the night of a new moon. She has a lot of energy, enjoying long hacks through the Secundian countryside, but can always be tempted to stand still for a bit of bartlett pear—her favorite treat! She's also an excellent mount for beginner riders—she seems to know exactly who is inexperienced, and will be on her best behavior. I can't say that about all our quinsta! Besides that, she's got beautiful coloring, and is the first silver dapple black friesian ad Adastreia.

Ryuukokoro

Thank you to Sil for editing the posts so we can see the pretty Quin!  :-*

Entries:
1. Luv
2. springacres
3. Ember
4. Aralie
5. Midnight Phantom
6. Kahlira
7. YLO
8. SeaCrest

And thank you all who entered! I loved reading your writing!

Random.org has put our entries into random order and the results are as follows:

1. Midnight Phantom
2. Luv
3. YLO
4. springacres
5. Kahlira

6. Ember
7. SeaCrest
8. Aralie

The first five are the winners! Now on to our prizes... *drumroll*

I have 5 Quin who are breeds I'm no longer collecting so I wanted them to go to good homes! They are:

Quarter Horse: Luv

Chestnut Roan
https://secundi2.com/critterpage.php?ID=553728

Thoroughbred: Midnight Phantom

Grey
https://secundi2.com/critterpage.php?ID=553177

Appaloosa:

Grey Blanket Appaloosa
https://secundi2.com/critterpage.php?ID=563500

Bay Blanket Appaloosa springacres
https://secundi2.com/critterpage.php?ID=563568

Shetland Pony:

Dun Buckskin Frame Overo
https://secundi2.com/critterpage.php?ID=528970

In order of random.org, you may choose a Quin! (So that's MP, then Luv, then YLO, then springacres, then Kah.)

If none of these breeds interest you, you are welcome to an RB with any of my mares for this upcoming season instead. I have a lot of different breeds so hopefully there's something for everyone here. :)

Midnight Phantom

Luv007

This is such a lovely treat, Ryuu! Thank you!!

I chose the pretty roan QH, my first of the breed! And I do love roan!

YourLoveOnly

Oooh yay!
Could I use Brown Sugar Sunshine this season pretty please?

springacres

Kahlira

Woo hoo! Shetland lad is left, I'd like him, please? And thank you <3  This was fun ^_^