News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

[Miniwyvs] Icemelt '22!

Started by Miniwyvs, March 01, 2022, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miniwyvs

Winter still clings to the land, but the ice is starting to melt and signs of spring are peeking out here and there. Snowdrops push their way out of the soil, and the faint hint of buds begin to grace the tree branches. The world is coming back to life after its slumber.

One particular forest clearing is abuzz with activity. The clear area is split down the middle by a wide, rushing stream, and at the far end is the waterfall that feeds it. The waters are clear and cold and energetic - the snow is melting further up, pouring its newly-freed liquid into the water sources.  At the base of this waterfall is a small pond where the water rests momentarily before merrily burbling on its way downstream.

The Miniwyvs have flocked here in droves, and you find yourself ducking to avoid their small bodies as they fly and cavort. The pond is the center of attention. You had just been out for a forest stroll, as the sun was out and it seemed a good day for it, and you'd heard the rush of wings and small chirps and it drew you to this place.

You wonder what on earth is going on when a small, high-pitched sound gets your attention - the distinct, if quiet, noise of someone clearing their throat. You turn, and a small fairy is sitting on a nearby tree branch, little pointy-shoed feet swinging.

"'Ello! Come to see the Icemelt Plunge?"

You blink, unfamiliar with the event he seems to be referring to, and the fae goes on.

"Once a year, when the snow and ice starts to really melt and this waterfall is at its strongest flow, the 'wyvs like to do a little challenge." He pauses, head tilted to one side slightly. "I think sometimes humans do it too, actually. Seems crazy, but the point is to dive into the really cold water." The fairy boy shrugs with a laugh. "Wouldn't catch me participating, but I like to watch!"

Nor is he alone - the sound of small voices reaches your ears, and a group of more fairies arrive, perching in the trees around the pond and claiming good viewpoints.

"We've got a little game going, actually." The fairy boy continues, a glint in his eye. "Perhaps you'd like to participate? I promise - no lasting fae repercussions. Just some friendly betting!"

Miniwyvs

The Event

Groups of 6 Miniwyvs dive into the pond each round. Each will try to dive as far under as they can, braving the cold to collect baubles that rest on ledges under the water. When the Miniwyvs surface, they will present their baubles to show how deep they managed to dive. First, second and third place Miniwyvs will advance to the next round, joining three new 'wyvs. They continue this until... well, until they get bored!

Where do you come in?

You get to choose a Miniwyv to 'bet' on! Each Miniwyv can only have 1 person sponsoring them, and one of the 'Wyvs each round will be bet on collectively by the fairies in attendence. (That will be randomly determined.)

If the Miniwyv gets first, second, or third place, your sponsorship carries over to the next round. The more rounds a Miniwyv wins, the more prizes they accumulate. Once a Miniwyv is 'out' for getting fourth, fifth, or sixth place, they go home with you, bringing any of the prizes they got along the way!

Each wyv who moves on has a handicap on every next round - because it's tiring swimming in icy cold water time after time!

You can only be betting on one 'wyv at a time, but as soon as you no longer have an actively participating 'wyv, you can bet on another. There is no limit to how many you can bring home throughout the course of the event.

Whenver a fairy-sponsored 'wyv is out, it will be raffled to all of the participants up to that point, and will come with some sort of special gift from the fae.

The prizes that the 'wyvs can accumulate through this include accessories & armor, little pet friends, etc. The fae-gift is a surprise ;)

Out-Of-Character Nitty Gritty:

The success (and fairy wyv) will be determined randomly by dice roll. In the case of ties, there may be multiple 'wyvs placing.

Handicaps: for each round a wyv has participated in, there will be an 'x' out of 12 chance for them to not dive as deep, where x is the number of rounds they've already completed. So, for a wyv that participated in round 1, round 2 will have a 1 of 12 chance of their score-roll being bumped down by 1.

Wyvs will only be shown when they have been won because it's easier for me to put the accessories and such without having to save files multiple times along the way

The TL,DR version: Pick an unclaimed wyv to bet on! That's really all you have to do. The rest is basically randomly determined. ;)

Miniwyvs

ROUND 10

2. Aralie (1 previous dive)
4. YLO (1 previoius dive)
5. SunshineWarrior (3 previous dives)
6. Fairy Sponsored

You bet using, well, whatever you've got in your pocket. Shiny pebble? Cool twig? Some lint? It's up to you and just for fun!

To bet, fill out the following form! Make sure someone hasn't already claimed the number wyv you are betting on, and that spots aren't full up yet!

When the spots are full, the 'Wyvs will dive into the pond and we'll see how they do, then the next round will begin!

[b][color=purple]Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: NUMBER GOES HERE
And I'm betting with: ITEM GOES HERE (just for fun, can be whatever you want to put!)[/color][/b]

Miniwyvs

Have at it! (and let me know if there are questions)

SeaCrest

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 4
And I'm betting with: a perfectly round puffball mushroom

YourLoveOnly

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 3
And I'm betting with: some colorful hairties

Aralie

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 2
And I'm betting with: Handful of Jolly Ranchers

Kahlira

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 6
And I'm betting with: A unicorn throw blanket

Luv007

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 1
And I'm betting with: A stale horse treat dug out of my coat pocket?

Miniwyvs

Each Miniwyv dives, bringing back a bauble showing how deep they were able to go. The levels of depth and bauble colors are:

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Green Level!
Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Blue level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Yellow level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Green level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Green Level!

Miniwyv 2 moves on, having dove the deepest!
Miniwyvs 1, 4, and 6 all tie for second deepest, so all three of those will also be moving on, and so those sponsorships carry over to the next round.

Miniwyv 3 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with YLO!

Miniwyv 5, bet on by the fairies, is out, but will go home with a participant:
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
[blockquote]Rolled 1d5 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]
(Winner announced in next post!)

ROUND 2
1. Luv (1 previous dive)
4. SeaCrest (1 previous dive)
5. Fairy-sponsored!
6. Kahlira (1 previous dive)

There is one open spot that a new bid can be placed for!

YourLoveOnly

I love my new wyv! I see it says you can bet again when you're out but I'll give someone else a chance to jump in too. If no one has jumped in tomorrow evening I'll happily sign back up :D

Miniwyvs

Congrats Luv on winning the first of the fairy-blessed 'wyvs!

(I will probably tweak that animation when I have a bit more time!) Fixed the animation!

Luv007

Aww.  I love it!  Thank you!

SunshineWarrior

Round 1
And I'm betting with: Calico (semi-feral cat)

Miniwyvs

Each Miniwyv dives, bringing back a bauble showing how deep they were able to go. The levels of depth and bauble colors are:

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Orange level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Orange level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Purple Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 1, 3, and 6! Luv, Sunshine Warrior, and Kahlira retain their sponsorships for another round!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Aralie, with 1 accessory!

Miniwyv 4 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SeaCrest with 1 accessory!

Miniwyv 5, bet on by the fairies, is out, but will go home with a participant:
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
6. Sunshine Warrior
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

ROUND 3
1. Luv (2 previous dives)
2. Fairy Sponsored!
3. SunshineWarrior (1 previous dive)
6. Kahlira (2 previous dives)

There are two open spots that new bids can be placed for!

Miniwyvs

Congrats SunshineWarrior on winning the second of the fairy-blessed 'wyvs!

SeaCrest

Round 1
And I'm betting with: Tarnished silver ring

YourLoveOnly

Round 1
I'm betting on Wyv #: 5
And I'm betting with: licorice

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Orange Level!
Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Orange level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Blue level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Purple level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Yellow level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Green Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 3, 4, and 6! Sunshine Warrior, SeaCrest, and Kahlira retain their sponsorships for another round!

Miniwyv 1 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Luv, with 2 accessories!

Miniwyv 5 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with YLO!

Miniwyv 2, bet on by the fairies, is out, but will go home with a participant:
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
6. Sunshine Warrior
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

ROUND 4
3. SunshineWarrior (2 previous dives)
4. SeaCrest (1 previous dive)
5. Fairy Sponsored!
6. Kahlira (3 previous dives)

Miniwyvs

Whoops on dice roll, haha.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Miniwyvs

Congrats Kahlira on winning the third of the fairy-blessed 'wyvs!

Aralie

Round 4
And I'm betting with: Bottle Cap

Luv007

Round 4
And I'm betting with: A little bit of recently clipped poodle fuzz

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Yellow Level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Purple level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Blue Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 1, 5, and 6! Luv, Kahlira, and the Fairies retain their sponsorships for another round!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Aralie!

Miniwyv 3 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SunshineWarrior, with 2 accessories!

Miniwyv 4 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SeaCrest with 1 accessory!

ROUND 5
1. Luv (1 previous dive)
5. Fairy Sponsored! (1 previous dive)
6. Kahlira (4 previous dives)

There are three open spots that new bids can be placed for!

YourLoveOnly

Round 5
And I'm betting with: polyhedracl dice set!

SeaCrest

Round 1
And I'm betting with: river pebble

Aralie

Round 5
And I'm betting with: stuffed animal

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Orange Level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Blue level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Yellow level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 3, 4, 5, and 6, due to ties! So YLO, Aralie, the Fairies, and Kahlira retain their sponsorships!

Miniwyv 1 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Luv, with one accessory!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SeaCrest!

ROUND 6
3. YLO (1 previous dive)
4. Aralie (1 previous dive)
5. Fairy Sponsored! (2 previous dives)
6. Kahlira (5 previous dives)

Luv007

Round 6
And I'm betting with: handful of organic skittles called 'giggles'

SeaCrest

Round 6
And I'm betting with: a single sock with rainbow toes

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Purple Level!
Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Yellow level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Blue level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 1, 4, and 6! Luv, Aralie, and Kahlira retain their sponsorships!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SeaCrest!

Miniwyv 3 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with YLO, with 1 accessory!

Miniwyv 5, sponsored by the fairies is out, with 2 accessories. They will go home with the winner of the dice roll!
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
6. Sunshine Warrior
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

ROUND 7
1. Luv (1 previous dive)
3. Fairy Sponsored!
4. Aralie (2 previous dives)
6. Kahlira (6 previous dives)

Miniwyvs

Congrats to SeaCrest, who wins the fairy-blessed wyv... who also happens to be number 1400!

(The fairies may have been cheating by betting on an aquawyv... probably best not to bring it up to them, though...)

SunshineWarrior

Round 7
I'm betting on Wyv #: 5
And I'm betting with: My new rainbow pride bracelet

YourLoveOnly

Round 7
And I'm betting with: cookies

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Green level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Purple Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 1, 5, and 6! Luv, SunshineWarror and Kahlira retain their sponsorships!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with YLO!

Miniwyv 4 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Aralie, with 2 accessories!

Miniwyv 3, sponsored by the fairies is out. They will go home with the winner of the dice roll!
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
6. Sunshine Warrior
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

ROUND 8
1. Luv (2 previous dives)
3. Fairy Sponsored
5. SunshineWarrior (1 previous dive)
6. Kahlira (7 previous dives)

Miniwyvs

Congrats to Kahlira on winning this round's fairy wyv!

Aralie

Round 8
And I'm betting with: Pizza

YourLoveOnly

Round 8
And I'm betting with: cat cuddles

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Blue Level!
Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Red level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Green level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Orange Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 1, 3, and 5! Luv, the Fairies, and SunshineWarrior keep their sponsorships!

Miniwyv 2 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with YLO!

Miniwyv 5 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Aralie!

Miniwyv 5 is unfortunately finally out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Kahlira... with a full suit of armor, a pet, and some extras!

ROUND 9
1. Luv (3 previous dives)
3. Fairy Sponsored (1 previous dive)
5. SunshineWarrior (2 previous dives)

There are three open spots that new bids can be placed for!

SeaCrest

Round 9
I'm betting on Wyv #: 6
And I'm betting with: A mobius strip

Aralie

Round 9
And I'm betting with: Ritz Bits Cheese Sandwiches

YourLoveOnly

Round 9
And I'm betting with: glue stick

Miniwyvs

1. Red - most shallow
2. Orange
3. Yellow
4. Green
5. Blue
6. Purple - deepest

Miniwyv 1: Dives down to the Yellow Level!
Miniwyv 2: Dives down to the Purple level!
Miniwyv 3: Dives down to the Orange level!
Miniwyv 4: Dives down to the Green level!
Miniwyv 5: Dives down to the Blue level!
Miniwyv 6: Dives down to the Red Level!

The Miniwyvs moving on will be: 2, 4, and 5! Aralie, YLO, and SunshineWarrior keep their sponsorships!

Miniwyv 1 is unfortunately out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with Luv, with 3 accessories & extras!

Miniwyv 6 is unfortunately finally out, but that means that the 'wyv goes home with SeaCrest!

Miniwyv 3, sponsored by the fairies is out. They will go home with the winner of the dice roll!
1 - Luv
2 - Aralie
3 - YLO
4 - SeaCrest
5 - Kahlira
6. Sunshine Warrior
[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]

ROUND 10
4. YLO (1 previoius dive)
5. SunshineWarrior (3 previous dives)
6. Fairy Sponsored

Miniwyvs

Congrats to Aralie on winning this round's fairy wyv!

Luv007

Round 10
And I'm betting with: A handful of fireweed and other alaskan wildflowers