News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Entering a traded dog into competitions?

Started by Neocridders, March 06, 2010, 04:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Hi! I have recently traded some dogs, and one or two have a champ pack equipped.

I am a little unsure of what I should do. How do I know if the old owner already competed with it, or if it has points already?
Or how do I know if the dog has won before in a category?
I've never signed up secundi dogs for a competition before, so I don't know if I should put in the agency id or the system id.

And, if it was competed, how do I know the old owner is not competing with it still? Is the dog taken automatically from the competitions if he or she is traded? Because I don't think it would know.

:) Would love some help, so I don't mess this up.

Lectral

That's a good question

Give me the old owner name, dogs' names (old ones, if you have changed them), and the system ids and I will check the shiny to see if they are in there.  Or you could ask the previous owner if they had been in the comps.

If they're in there, all their point info will already be there.  If they haven't been entered yet, they won't have any point info to worry about.

Also, if they are there, let us know (preferably me, since I have been handling the comps, but any of the kennel workers can edit the dogs in the shiny), and we will change the owners for the dogs.  In general, use the secundi system ID for the shiny

Neocridders

Her name is Sue, previously owned by YourLoveOnly
She is a corgi.
Thank you. :) At the moment, I think she is the only traded dog I'll need to worry about.
And I don't know when YLO will be back, I think she recently made a thread about being away, so if you could search the shiney that would be fantastic!

Thank you! :D

Lectral

She is in there

I'll update her owner information, then you should be able to edit any of her other info, like her show name, if you plan to change it.

I'll post info about future trade stuff with the next competition thread, so there is less confusion :D

Neocridders

Lectral

YourLoveOnly

@Neo: I am here, I am just not around as much. I read and post daily, but my adoptable will be slower and I am less active with most other adoptables as well. The only one I really really refuse to stop stalking is TheStable.