News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

is there a place to ask?

Started by indigowulf, March 11, 2010, 04:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

is there a place or method we should use to ask about updating pedigrees for imported dogs? or is this not going to be done? my dog Storm (5517) came from 7234 and 7236, and Im trying to find his siblings. Ive already sent a PM to the owner of the parents to see if she can help me track them down, just wondering if there is a procedure for this, or if we should just hold on to our britches :)

eta: i realized i could just search the system ID sequence to either side of my pup's id, and Ive located all 6 littermates. so that part Im good on. but question still stands, is there a place/method we should be reporting our broken-heratige creatures post-import?

Lectral

I'd say it will probably have to wait until all the dogs, (or at least, most, since some people haven't moved to Secundi) have been imported.  Some dogs just haven't been imported yet, so they aren't available yet to put in their proper places.

I know when Garney was doing that big round of imports just recently, she imported some parents when she found their pups in some lists - 2 dogs that weren't on my import list made it in before the rest of mine because their puppies were on someone's list ahead of me.  Of course, those two were from early litters, and now they have broken pedigrees, cause their parents weren't on their certs, and their parents were not on my list to import XD

I am pretty sure that once more of the imports are done, we will ask for any corrections.  Once all the dogs are in the system, it shouldn't be too hard to fix the pedigrees, as long as you remember who the parents were.

indigowulf

thanks hun. so i was right in my guess that the answer was "learn patience, young padawan!" hehe. i have my only un-linked pup's parents and siblings safely recorded for later.

Poupou

That's a good thing you asked, so I didn't have to do it myself. LOL!  :D
But I figured the answer was something along the lines of what Lectral said in her post.

And I'll certainly need corrections, my Kagu is not happy to see that big 'F' under his name. XD

Taruia

At some point I will be making a thread to do edits for the Kennel, actually I have some free time today...loooooong story, so I'll get to that. Basically it's going to be on individual owners to post the puppies and the system ID#s of the parents. But yeah...it's a time consuming thing for edits XD

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.