News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

RIP Patrick Swayze

Started by PonyMama, September 15, 2009, 08:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

Well yesterday Patrick Swayze died after a hard battle with Pancreatic cancer.  He was looking bad but it is still a shock.

He gave us some great movies that I know I personally love.  My all time favorite of his was To Wong Foo.  For anyone who has not seen it, it is great.

Dirty Dancing was also a great one of course and then his movie Ghost.  He will be missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just have to rant:
did this thread on PI and it got deleted becasue apparently there was a nother thread.....I looked there was NOT.  This morning there is, so they deleted mine which was created first. Grrrr

Taruia

Yeah, I read about this as I was going to bed last night. It's very sad. I lost an uncle to Pancreatic cancer, it's a really horrible disease. He most certainly will be missed :(

~~~~~~~~~~
Re: Rant
PI being stupid...who would have ever thought >.>

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

PonyMama

Gladly I have not yet lost someone to any type of cancer, but I lost my gramma to MS, which is not a fun thing to lose someone to either.
Pancreatic Cnacer seems to have no mercy that is for sure.  They need to find a cure for cancer, they really do.

I watched Patrick Swayze slowly look sicker and sicker.   We knew it was just a matter of time that he left, but it still comes as a shock.

~~~~~~~~~~
Pretty much.  Still grrrrr

Poupou

I'm so sad that he's gone.  He seemed to be such a great person.  He will be missed for sure. :(

CutieePiee

Although it's very sad that he has passed, the cancer took a toll on him. We know that he won't have to suffer anymore. May he R.I.P.   :(

Sunchaser

I will definatly miss him. He was one of my favorite celebs that i actually checked up on. As to the curing cancer i hope they will find a cure. However i know there will be different cures for the different types of cancer. for instance i had a skin cancer. it is definatly different from pancreatic cancer as well as others. I think personaly thats what is taking awhile to. They are trying to cure all of them at once and that just wont work.

yes i know i fail *hangs head and retreats to her corner*

indigowulf

what aggrivates me is they *have* cured cancer, they just wont let anyone know, cuz theres more money in the drugs they sell and the research. Just like cars that run on ethonal and a simple set up with magnets on a wheel that could provide electricity for your whole house off 1 car battery.

they wont ever let this stuff be released to the public because they wouldnt make money.

same reason tobacco is legal (farms are large and easily restricted, taxes are easy to impose) but they wont legalize certain other smokable plants.

Things like this dont have to happen. I hate the world government.

Poor Patrick.

Ryuukokoro

Nighthenge

So sad.  My cousin worked with him on a Youngblood and talked about what a lovely, kind man he was.  He was quite the horseman too.

Quote from: PonyMama on September 15, 2009, 08:11:21 AM
He gave us some great movies that I know I personally love.  My all time favorite of his was To Wong Foo.  For anyone who has not seen it, it is great.
My favorite Swayze movie.  I've a soft spot for DD and Red Dawn too.  More of my childhood slipping away :(

PonyMama

Yeah no man could look that good in a Big red dress