News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Ways to see if your message was read?

Started by Math, March 12, 2010, 05:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Math

I sent a message to someone who has been on various times since then, but I didn't get a reply. Is there a way to check and see if they are just choosing not to answer, or haven't checked yet?

Thanks,
Math

Neocridders

Well, I don't know the answer to your question, but I think that it is not that she or he is trying to ignore you. Some users might be getting online just to check a certain thread, or just to play the games, and then get off to continue with what they were doing in their real life.

It might be that she or he has in fact read it, but are not ready to respond, because depending on the response needed (ex: if for an adoptable, she or he might be trying to finish before replying).

Don't worry. People are busy sometimes.
If it is an emergency, and you were messaging an admin for some urgent reason, I suggest asking another of the admins.
If it was an admin, but an individual question or message, they might have a bunch of messages (as if they are an admin, I expect they get quite a bit of mail!) so it might be a little bit before they answer.

Of course, if it is a user, not admin you are contacting, I suggest you just wait. ;) I don't think anyone would just be ignoring you. When did you send the message?

Math

Earlier today. :) But, I'll just be patient and wait, if I get the reply that I'm hoping for, the wait will be worth it. :)

Silvanon

As far as seeing if the person has read the PM or not, if you chose to save the PM to your outbox I believe you can see there whether they've read it yet or not.

Keeper

try sending it again they may have missed it, sometimes i know i miss messeges because just being on the page makes the messege look read if i done pay attention XD