Main Menu

I drew a kitty XD

Started by Keeper, March 14, 2010, 11:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

doing an adoptable with them so no need for this thread anymore. we are here

http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=1477.0

Tribe

OH you did cats ^^ they are so lovely i really wish i had usd to offer!

Keeper

I still have to try to do other poses so it may fail yet hehehe. May end up running them on here if anyone wants to help run them. <3

Tribe

*raises hand* oh oh pick me XD i would love to help run them i must say i wouldnt really want to do much more then color and maybe run a couple events a month but id love to be with the team if you do open them!

Keeper

ok cool, will see how i get on with the other poses and then decide if i still want to sell the dogs or run them all together XD

Tribe

:D awesome!

and i totally have to tell you ive found this new way of shading i adore, though i think its a gimp only thing. I cant wait to get my computer and wacom though so you can show me how you do your awesome stuffs!

Keeper

ooooh would love to see the shading XD

Tribe

First time i used it so its kinda ruff but basically you copy the template layer (like the whole body template coloring layer) and duplicate it. On gimp you can change the mode of the layers and you set the mode to grain merge. Color the duplicated layer a medium grey (its basically see through in grain merge layer but must be on top of the other layers you want shaded) Then you just burn & dodge the grey layer and smugde it to make it smooth. Rather easy actually.

Keeper

looks really really nice, does that keep a template or do you have to do that everytime you color one?  :)

i have heard some people use the dodge and burn tool but never tried it before.

Tribe

It keeps the template :D its kinda neat i can send the psd to that fish so you can see what it looks like in layers >.>

And usually when someone uses the dodge burn tools its on custom shading and they just dodge burn the actual coloring template, this way you dont have to do that every time.

Keeper

Atachi

Whoa...I checked out the thread and I must say that the art is fantastic!
HOLY MOTHER OF PENGUINS, IT'S SONIC!
FEAR MY SHINY ROCK!
*puts rock into machine and presses random buttons*
IT'S TOO LATE, SONIC!
All I have to do is push this little button...
*BOOM*