News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Art Exam...

Started by Neocridders, March 31, 2010, 11:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocridders

Well, Monday morning, First period, I was worried about my art exam.
You see, there was a field trip to see an exibit or something by Shepard Fairey. I was unable to go on this field trip because of the classes I would miss being my hardest classes (and nearly impossible to make up).

So, I skilled the trip, promising to go over spring break (and I do hope to go this week).

Well, I was freaking out Monday for my exam because... turns out the whole exam would be on Shepard Fairey. My teacher said 'If you didn't go, I suggest going to his website or else this exam will be really hard'.

I did happen to go on the website that afternoon. I swear, there is almost no useful fact of knowledge on that website. I felt unprepared walking into class Tuseday to an art exam.

Backing up. Monday morning, about 10 minutes into first period, the news was told that a fellow classmate had been hit by a bus just 40 or so minutes before. She died from head trauma.

I believe that was the quietest art class in the history of the world. I have never in my life been so shocked and sad.

My teacher was crushed (but, if I were her, I would have been too. How difficult it must be to have a student pass away so suddenly!)

But, it was such a sad way to start out exam week on such a dark, rainy, early morning. It was the longest day of my whole life.

Tuesday morning, just 24 hours later, my teacher can baraly talk.
"So much has happened in the last 24 hours. I had an exam printed up for you, but I feel that in a time like this, everyone needs to just use art as an outlet. You can draw what ever you want, you can do any topic, I don't care if it is anime or whatever. You can write a letter to her family if you want. As long as you do something, I'll give you credit."

I drew this as my exam. I thought of nothing by this poor girl who passed before her time.
I drew this in under 70 minutes, so for the time allowed I believe it is pretty good.

I dedicated this drawing to this girl. I do know her name, but I feel it is none of my business to post it here, so if you were wondering why I avoided her name, that's why.

I believe my phone killed the quality. Sorry.

To you, my friend, who is now in a better place.