News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Anybody use Photoshop? Which version do you use...

Started by Willow, April 02, 2010, 10:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

I'm looking to get another version of Photoshop, as my current version (Photoshop Elements 6.0) doesn't have the pen tool, which I use for inking. And really this is putting a big limit on what I can do art wise :/
I have been using GIMP, but now that's not working, so I thought I might as well save up for something better ^^

I'm downloading a trial for CS4, but it is quite expensive, so I'd like to know if anyone has any earlier versions - with the pen tool - that are slightly cheaper and just as practical :)
~Willow

WillowDragon

I use CS3... i used to use photoshop7, which i liked, but i don't use the pen tool, so i can't tell ya if its any good! lol

W xx

Neocridders

I have never used the pen tool, but goodness I'd love to know how. I have CS4 extended. It's pretty great, but I honestly can't see why it is so expensice. I have not done anything but animation that is better than elements.
I suppose the quality is better, and it is very nice looking, but I don't understand the program at all and it is a ton of money, when elements is honestly just as good in my opinion.

I don't have any older versions at the moment, though. Just this one.

Willow

I've downloaded the CS4 trial, and the pen tool is nothing like the pen tool on gimp 0__0
I guess I'll just have to see if there's any way to get round fixing gimp X3

Thanks for the comments though :D
~Willow

Neocridders

GIMPs Pen tool is impossible for me to use. I have never, until I got photoshop CS4 extended, had a program with a decent pen tool.

Now that I have this program, though, I have no clue how to use the tool
Haha... ><

WolfieArt

I use photoshop 7 and it's pen tool works great. :)

Tobyana

I use CS 2 at home, and CS 4 at school, and quite frankly, the only thing that I've noticed thats different is the command r is not the short cut to blur on CS 4, which infuriates me to no end, cause I use that tool a LOT at home.  Its the rotate tool on CS4, which I never use.  Ever.  x.x

Anyways, what I'm saying is CS 2 is just as good as CS 4.

Leafy

Hey, just adding my 2 cents, I use 7 (which if you have the right connections you can get for free *whistles*) and the pen tool works exactly how it's supposed to, and most computers handle 7 a lot easier than the newer *PRICEY* versions lol

Delicious

I have CS3 and love it. :) The most recent version costs a fair amount, but a lot of the other older versions you can pick up for a fairly cheap penny on ebay or the like. Also, if you're a student - you can get a student version for fairly cheap too at such places like journeyed.com