News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hello fellow Refugees!

Started by Tari Mithrandir, September 04, 2009, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calomel

Wanders in from the long, dusty road, plops down her hobo-bag of art supplies and waves cheerfully! Hello!

Took me a while to find this place, good morning everyone!

My name is Jen, but my online name is Calomel and has been for several years now. For those wondering, calomel is a tasteless mineral compound (mercury chloride) that is highly toxic as a poison, a member of the Feldspar family and was used extensively in medicinal practice up into the nineteenth century as a purgative and treatment for diseases. It has also been used as an insecticide.

Probably an odd name to be choosing for an online alias, but the name was that of my first priest on WoW. My first character ever, and I thought it was ironically funny to name my awesome little holy priest after a poison. Over the course of a few years, she became a fully developed RP character and the name stuck. I've been using it everywhere ever since. I'm a computer gamer, playing primarily WoW, though I've been trying to download the new Aion beta without much luck.

I am 24, married with no kids but we do have a cat and a whole lot of fish. I'm in the U.S. Air Force, and my enlistment is up come next March. I'm looking forward to being a housewife! I met my husband in Warcraft, he was/is a true Paladin, online and in person. My wonderful knight in almost-shiny armor. Normally, I'd say stay away from online relationships, but I've become the exception to my own rule...so I keep my mouth shut.

I currently run the Flames, a cutesy moth-type adoptable. I don't have any plans to move them from PI yet, but I will eventually.

And...that's me. ^_^

Mr. Pooka

Hiya, Mr. Pooka checking in.  Even though I've technically never really had a PI account everyone there knows me as Mr. Pooka.  I'm sneaky that way.  You might find me as ElmshireLancer in a few other places if you look hard enough (and why would'nt you!.... oh I see...)  

I'm feeling up to balancing the male/female scales around here and am quite happy to give my completly manly opinions on any topic you might need.  Uhm, if thats ok...  Its still like 600 to one, (-8  

I help Pooka out with Sphinxes and I really love colouring them.  I'm probably best know for some of my 'creative' colouring jobs.  (being colourblind is no reason not to colour!)  

I (fairly obviously) live the same place Pooka does, way up north here in Canada with the bears and foxes and wolves and moose and other assorted interesting wildlife.  

I just started going to college after an awfully long break from school and its a little intimidating but I'm enjoying myself.  Its a distance education course kind of like the 'School of the Air' in Australia, exept over the computer.  We have a teacher who gives instructions and lectures through a chat program and we comunicate back and forth like this, sending our papers through a different program.  Either way I'm studing a lot of Psychology.  Soon I'll actually have a degree allowing me to actually tell people their crazy and totally mean it.  I mean who are you gonna belive, the guy with the Bachelors degree or the crazy person?  Exactally...

I can get addicted to certain games and when I'm in the mood I can play them a lot.  Sims 2 and runescape are usually on my list.  I'm a complete addict to Sims custom content and my poor game has trouble keeping up and crashes often enough...  and while I'm reloading everthing it gives me time to download more custom contet...  terrible vicious circle that one.  I think Pooka mentioned my Runescape account Sir_Onwen.  I'm usually a member but I let it lapse knowing I was going back to school and I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to devote to my various hobbies yet.  If you'd like to be added to my friends list there just mail me.  I frequently have to have my chat set to friends only cuz of my high lvl I can get tons of people asking me for stuff and it can get.... bothersome... now my actual friends on the other had I'd totally love to help out any way I can!

Other then that I love cooking and baking, watching entire tv series in a row (I don't have the patience to wait a whole week for anything any more, I just avoid comercials so I don't see and spoilers and wait to watch the whole thing over a weekend), playing RPG games, reading comics, harvesting misc. edible things out of the wilderness and reading (fiction and how too books or sites for me!).

There ya go, now you know way too much about me and you have a boy on Secundi!

Edit * Pooka said I had a lot of spelling/grammar errors and I told her I'd edit my message.  So here's the edit, uhm, I type faster then I think, make lots of spelling mistakes regularly and feel that grammar is over rated.  At least after 10 PM, (-8

PookaWitch

Quote from: Mr. Pooka on September 12, 2009, 09:17:52 PM
Edit * Pooka said I had a lot of spelling/grammar errors and I told her I'd edit my message.  So here's the edit, uhm, I type faster then I think, make lots of spelling mistakes regularly and feel that grammar is over rated.  At least after 10 PM, (-8

Yeah, what can I say... I'm a harpy.

WORK BETTER! *cracks the whip at her husband*

Inferdramon

Hello, the name's Inferdramon, although I go by a couple other names: Bluedramon on Deviantart and Veoh, DarkHououmon on another messageboard, Night Bear on yet another messageboard, and Counterinsurgency on YouTube. You can call me Kacie if you'd like. I was introduced to this site by a good friend of mine, Ryuukokoro. I was never a member of PI, however.

I'm currently 23 years old, soon to be 24 on November 13. I have been diagnosed with high-functioning autism (Asperger's Syndrome). I have an interest in writing, computers, and art and hope to pursue these fields as soon as possible. I'm really interested in dinosaurs and enjoy drawing them quite often, as well as watching programs about them. I also enjoy playing video games and chatting online. I live in Pennsylvania and have a male siberian husky named Cheyenne. I have three siblings, two sisters and one brother. My younger sisters are currently away at college while my older brother stays home.

I'm interested in maybe, sometime, making my own adoptable. If anyone is interested in seeing my artwork, I can post links to some of my work from DA.

Well, there's my introduction. ^^;
"You could say Shredder was the father, Krang the mother, and Bepop and Rocksteady their retarded children."

Ryuukokoro

Bwa ha ha. Ryuu will continue to bribe/encourage/threaten non-PI friends to come to Secundi. XD Welcome Infer!!