News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Hello fellow Refugees!

Started by Tari Mithrandir, September 04, 2009, 02:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aya

Hello i am Aya, some people might know me better as black cat as that was my PI name. I am 15 years old and from what i have seen am one of the youngest on here so far though i might be wrong. I am right in the middle of my GCSEs and am hoping i do well so i can go to uni after i finish form 6.

Biadora

*peers* this place need more males. Seriously, has to be some male adoptable collectors around??

Hi my name is Biadora. The one and only, as the state graciously let me take my 10+year old online alias as my real name. So now I am one of those internet insequre ppl using my real name on the net :P
As the idea of taking an alias as a name might indicate, i am a bit nuts.
I once upon a time joined PI due to the lovely adoptables (as I too am one of those grafic incapable persons. Have failed drawing a straight line with a rule, yup.)
Due to the great economic status in the world, I am currently unemployed, stuck at my lovely parents place with a really crappy internet, so I have not been able to really stalk anything the last 6+months due to that (and before that, due to finishing a degree).

I like to ramble, to play computergames (mainly WoW and Sims or webgames or.. never had a console though, only pc's), and I am epic phail at spelling and gramatics -as you all will notice when the rp part of this site gets going.
I am owned by my mums poodle, yet dreams of the day I can get a cat.
My goals for the future is to get a job, earn money, get a computer, a house and then allow myself to become a crazy catperson :P
Up until then I guess I have to settle with pixels.

Vanyel

Lol, we might have scared all the males away :P

Tari Mithrandir

Yeah, it would seem so!
*waves to all the introduced people who came on while I was sleeping*
~Tari

Taruia

Wow so many wonderful peoples! *waves and hugs to all*

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Shades of Venus

Quote from: Biadora on September 05, 2009, 06:31:35 AM
*peers* this place need more males. Seriously, has to be some male adoptable collectors around??

Hopefully, my RL friend will be following me here, he's an awesome artist :D I introduced him to PI and now am introducing him to the adoptable world in hopes he'll give it a try and I don't think we'd be able to scare this one away x3

I turned my mother into a crazy cat woman. She used to hate cats with a passion, but when I was younger I begged her to get a cat (which she wouldn't let me take when I moved out)..and now she has five o.o To prove she is crazy, she knitted one of them a scarf for Christmas XD

Vanyel

Lol!  Now the question that I have about that scarf and cat is...does the cat like its scarf?

Shades of Venus

Lol >.< I'll try and upload the picture she sent me when I get home from work.
You pretty much almost want to rescue him >.>

Vanyel

@_@  uh oh

Something tells me this will be interesting.

Poupou

*cant wait to see the picture*  Poor kitty lol! XD

hiyoko

Hey everyone, I'm hiyoko and I think that's the only name that I've been referred to as on PI.lol I'm a 19 year old college student in Cali, who wants to be a child development teacher and then flight attendant.  :D I love animals, especially my 3 little demon girls. ;) I also love Jdramas, anime, comics/mangas, RPG, TheSims3, and sushi. I have a lot of game consoles, my newest is my 360 and I have Gears of War 2 and if anyone has a Gold membership, we should play against each. ;D

I think that's it for me, but feel free to message me if you have any questions. 8)

Ravvana

I've finally signed up :) *waves to everyone* Not much to say at the moment, but I wanted to at least announce my presence XD

WillowDragon

*jumps and waves*

Hi!  My name is Willow, i'm a 27 year old Care worker from sunny old England  :)

In my, limited, spare time... I enjoy annoying my good good friends Chemmie and Taru on MSN and Leafy on AIM  hehee

I also love drawing, colouring, reading and singing.

Recently I have taken up keeping mice again, my mousery is called Willow Walk Mousery and I am aiming to breed and improve the type in gorgeous satin furred mice, and maybe one day start showing them!  ;D

Willow xx

Shades of Venus

*flails to hiyoko* I will so play GoW2 with you :D My xbox live account is expired but I will be getting it renewed soon. I use to be really good at that game online but am scared to see how bad my shot gun and torque bow skills have weakend >.>

Chichiri

*scratches head and ponders what to type*

Hmmm...well... I am Chichiri.  I have been called Chichi and don't mind it.  I'm shivering because it's very cold in this room.  *grabs blanket* better.

I'm 23 years old and also living with my parents.  I tried that living on my own thing for awhile, then my jeep blew up.  Something about engines needing to have oil in them or something.  *shrugs*  Crazy I know right?  Then I was broke because I had to make car payments.  Well, I'm waiting for my boyfriend of three years to get into the Army, hopefully this month it will happen.  Then I will move away from boring town USA and become a wife.  But my Mom and I decided that I should stay home and save money until that happens.  It's the smart thing to do anyway.  

I too do not possess the art skills that so many others do.  I have my days when I'm doodling and it turns into something great, but those days are very few and far between.  So, I just stick to helping my best bud Art Foxx color her soon to be adoptables.  

Hmm, I love chocolate and white cheddar popcorn but I cannot eat it because I lost 36 pounds and have about 46 left to go.  *is proud*  And I'm doing really really well. :)  I love to write, I have written countless fanfics on fanfiction.net including two very popular Fruits Basket fics.  One was "Full House" the other was "Petting Zoo" or something like that.  

I'm writing a book with my boyfriend that we're hoping will be published.  If that day ever comes, you all will get an autographed copy.  Of course, I'll be 87 and won't remember who any of you are. :)  I'm really slow with it right now because it's just not perfect.

I LOVE video games.  I'm really into the older games though.  I just bought Orcarina of Time for my N64 because my Dad's dog puddled on the other one and ruined it about 5 years ago.  I love odd games too, like the kinds you can really only buy in used games stores.  And I love spy games.  

Ok, that's all I got for the moment.  *dances*  I love to dance when I'm happy.

Chichiri  

Everyone has a wild side.  Me and my friends just choose to make ours public.

indigowulf

Just to be a pain, I wanted to point out- this post is the 666th post in the forums! Growing pretty fast for being such a young site

Tari Mithrandir

Yes it is! Tons of members already too :D
~Tari

YourLoveOnly

Hi everyone. I'm Nona, people online usually call me YourLoveOnly or YLO for short.
I'm 17 years old and live with my parents. I live in The Netherlands.

I'd like to tell everyone upfront that I am unfortunately related to degrassi, a member who caused a lot of trouble on PI a couple off years back. Lots of people ended up losing quite a sum of money.
I understand that some people might not trust me because of this and not want to do any bussiness with me. If this is the case, just drop me a PM. I'll respect your decission and stay away from your adoptable shops if that's what you'd like. I'd even leave secundi if that's what people really want, but I hope I am welcome here.

I got kicked off PI due to being related to degrassi. Luckily TheKennel staff trusted me and told me I was welcome to stay there and be a part of their community. I'm really not a bad person and I'm glad some of my online friends always trusted me. I can promise I don't have any sort of contact with degrassi anymore and I plan on keeping it that way as well. She has done a lot of damage with cannot be undone, and caused my family a lot of pain and misery (we too ended up losing a lot of money).

Now that that's out in the open I'd very much like to talk about fun stuff now ^^

I'm happily in love with my boyfriend, who I wish I could drag over here to show off xD I love stalking adoptables as well as running my own. My artistic skills aren't as good as I'd like, but I love to color and organize events so after buying some great lineart and shading templates I'm good to go. Hopefully I'll be able to start up all my adoptables again (I used to run Chirroc Town, Neptune's Oasis, The Jaeman Prophecy and Living a Dream on PI and/or gaia) and bring them here. But I'll do that one at a time as  I'm going back to school tomorrow after taking a year off. I have a busy social life and some great friends. Places like TheKennel brought more joy into my life than I could've ever imagined. I've met some amazing people there and I'm really excited to join the community here as well. I recently got diagnosed with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) and busy getting treatment. Luckily it's not as bad as it could've been and I'm dealing with it quite well. When I'm not feeling so well I like focussing on adopties to keep me happy again and escape out of reality.

Secundi is looking really promising so far and I think I'll love it here!

Ryuukokoro

*hugs YLO* Welcome welcome! I always wondered why you decided to leave PI! I never heard of this degrassi person... anyway, glad you're here, friend! :D

YourLoveOnly

Not so much left.. Basically kicked off xD
I always told people to PM me about it if they wanted to know.
But this is a new community with a bunch of adopties, so I figured I should just tell everyone.
Hopefully people will trust me, but I could understand if they don't.

I must say this big move off PI can't bother me that much.
I think it's a horrible place that they try to cover up with a bunch of rainbow colored ponies xD
This wasn't the first ridiculous decission I've seen them make and I think we're much better off without PI.
Though there are wonderful people on there and it's sad that the community must be torn apart by stupid rules.

((That took some time to say nicely xD YLO doesn't like PI at all ^^'))

Ryuukokoro

XD You are skilled with words, ma'am!

Poupou

Welcome to the new Refugees!!! :D

Chichiri

I think it took a lot of guts to come out and say that YLO.  And I think that it's very respectable and I don't think anyone here would hold that against you.  I certainly hope they wouldn't.  I for one feel like I could trust you already. *gives you a cookie*

Everyone has a wild side.  Me and my friends just choose to make ours public.

hiyoko

Really SoV?! ;D Cool and I'm sure you're still better than me, I've only be playing for a month or two on my friend's game. :D

Nighthenge

*wanders in*

Hello, I'm Nighthenge or Night.  I work in education at the high school level (basically, I'm an assistant librarian).
Aside from spending too much time on the internet; I love to read.  I'm also a history, model horse, and horse racing buff.

Vitreous

*comes in and waves*  Ello.  My name is Vitreous, or Vitty to friends.  I recently turned 24.  I have a useless certificate in massage therapy.  It's useless because in the state of Ohio you have to also have an Ohio liscense by the state medical board.  I have failed this test 3 times, proving once again that Vitty is a complete idiot.  :P  So useless Vitty lives at her mother's house still and babysits a neighbor's kids.  Also does some massages on the side.  Annnnd pretty much nothing else.  I'm still a big PI fanatic, but would love to support both it and Secundi.  Loving what I'm seeing so far.  Can't wait to see more.  ^__^

I also love video games, books, drawing, and Michael Jackson.  I hate painting, Care Bears, babysitting, and my dad.  I'm 90 pounds away from my 120 pound weight-loss goal.  I have a cat I affectionatly refer to as the Cassie, Devil Kitty.  I haven't been behind the wheel of a car since I was 15.  And I sleep with a stuffed horse named Murphy Corneilous Howard Howie.

Lectral

Hello!  I'm Lectral, though I have gone by the names Tervenna and Utaku Koma, mostly on PI.  On one forum, I have been known as jess d, a very long time, as I had no alias when I first started playing online, and I couldn't think of a good one XD

I'm 28, married to a wonderful guy three years younger than me, just got out of the Navy, and taking a break while I get ready to go to school.  I want to work with animals, and I plan to be a vet tech at this point, assuming I can handle the job.  There is a vet clinic just down the street from my new house that I would love to work in, at least for a while.  My ultimate work goal is to work in a zoo.

I have 3 beautiful cats (Valdamari, Morgana and Ranmaru), 5 fish (currently - two goldfish: Fsh and Oro, two algae eaters, and 1 new betta: Ghostfish), and 1 horse (Aidan).  Once my new house and property are properly fenced and equipped, I plan to get some goats and chickens, possibly a second horse, if I can find just the right one.

I like reading, drawing, singing, painting miniatures/models, baking, crocheting, roleplaying (mostly D&D) and playing some video games (a lot of pokemon, some final fantasy, a few others).  I collect model horses (mostly Breyer, some Stone), stuffed animals, books, dragons, a few other things I don't remember off the top of my head XD

I collect lots of adoptables, and help out in two.  I am one of the Murrah workers, though my main focus right now is inventories.  *looks around tentatively*  I also work for the Kennel, though I have never divulged this before... well, one or two people knew, but not many.  I am the Puppy Colorist, and occasional cat colorist for the Cattery.  I have also done a few of the Franken-kennel events, so some of you may have adults that I colored.

Ryuukokoro

XD Gasp! Lectral's out of the closet! Hahaha. Puppy closet!

FeliciaQueens

*waves to Ryuu*  Hello, fellow Indianan!  I'm 27, unmarried but dearly wishing I could meet the right one, have three cats, three dogs (don't worry I will bring pics), and a niece and nephew aged 8 and 4.  Tasha-2000 is just beginning to get interested in the compy and things online, and she and I play The Sims 2 together.

I work a crappy paying job in retail, in a thrift store whose greedy onwers make huge profits while paying the rest of us minimum wage.  My closest friend in both distance and heart is viol8r, who lives in Ohio.  We get together when we can but mostly are both pretty lonely.

I love reading, my fave genres include fantasy, sci-fi, and, well, manga, though my collection of it is pretty small.  Recently read books include The Strain, Night Angel Trilogy and Sookie Stackhouse novels.  I love games, too, and when I"m not online, or playing The Sims, I'm working my PS2 for all tis' worth.  I prefer RPGs, with FF being my fave series, but I also enjoy simulators.  I recent found A Dog's Life again, and am playing it now.

Oh yes MUSIC!  Without which there would be no life as I know it!  I'm a HUGE NIN fan, possibly the biggest on PI currently.  I've only been to two shows, and since Trent's retired the band, I'm not likely to go again.  However I did get my copy of The Downward Spiral-original press-signed by the last line-up. so I have a special piece of memorabilia to hold on to.

I also love Insane Clown Posse-I can't really explain why right now but then I'm stuffed with a head cold.  BANG!POW!BOOM! is currently in my stereo, along with one or two of my NIN mp3 discs. I also enjoy Tool, Voltaire, and Blur, with a few others floating around my collection.

OK I think I'm done now.  Going to have a nice long hot bath and try to feel less stuffy.

Shades of Venus

Well I did put waaay too many game hours into the first one..
I remember playing that game for over 24 straight, just taking small breaks to eat and then got sleep deprivation and started seeing things.  XD

YourLoveOnly

Nine Inch Nails <333
Okay, I just had to comment on that :3
I'll shut up now xD

Poupou

QuoteSookie Stackhouse novels

TRUE BLOOD FOR THE WIN!

I swear I am addicted to that serie on HBO.  I haven't got the chance to read the books yet, but I think that will be my next purchase. *needs new books since she finished her newest last night*

I'm a book-a-holic *grins*

Angeenia

Hello...

I am late for the party but i will NOT be left behind....

Sunchaser

My sister got us teh novels for Sookie and we where fighting over who could read which cause first my mom started reading them, then i did and then my dad was like a book behind me. Till the most recent book i was ahead of him then he stole my book and hid it while he read it before i could finish it :-p then we watched the trueblood each day for three days so we could know what season 1 was about and if it was similar to the books or not.... i love eric and bill <.< even if bill fails in the books.

Yruvian

I guess it's time to come out of the cupboard as well...

Hi all, I'm Yruvian (or at least that's what most of you know me as). Regularly used nicks: Yruvie, Yru, Yruvu. Still prefer Yruvian myself, but I'll react to any of those... and even to Levi or Leviange.

I'm 35 going on 200. I live together with my little brother (age 34 in 3 days). I'm the pet of 3 cats and share the mastership of 6 dogs and 1 angora bunny with my brother.

I got on PI because I ran into a stray link somewhere, registered... and stayed for the adoptables. After Garney (and Fae Starwing) made me an adoptable addict, I eventually ventured into the other side of adoptables (after about three months of collecting) and started The Aerean Faeries, which turned into World of Maxic about half a year afterward.

World of Maxic will be available both here and on PI, though both sites will have their exclusive lines (PI because some artists don't like their art leaving PI). I'm still a little PI-holic, though I will keep all really new releases to Secundi instead of PI and downgrade my 16 accounts to 2 as soon as they expire.

I'm a collector of just about anything, from books over comic books, dvds, adoptables to dogs (poodles, Schipperkes, Chinese Cresteds. In greeting cards, statues, plushes and even real life.) I'm usually a habitual buyer... and a loyal customer. In other words, I keep coming back if I can.

If I seem to disappear sometimes, it's because I suffer from fybromyalgy (diagnosed a few months ago, after three years of doubt). That's really all I want to say on that subject...

I love reading, writing, rendering, animals and role plays (though I tend to skip most because I feel insecure in groups I don't know... and because I know I may fall away without a moment notice.)

I dislike spelling errors, grammatical errors, excessive/no punctuation, unending sentences and PI rules. Oh. And the colour pink.

I think that's enough about me... Going to make someone PI appropriate.

Jadzhia

I see many familiar names!  ;D

I'm jadzhia from PI, I also play on Aramii (where I'm zentimes), Runescape (when I have time! Not so much these days), Moutonking, Mafia Wars and Farmville!

I'm older than the hills and live with my partner and three lovely kitties in England. :) Hobbies (apart from the online games!) include gardening, knitting, weather, web design, playing round with graphics. My partner and I made the PI Colour Matcher (my claim to fame!  8) )

Am not in paid work owing to health problems but keep myself busy with our recently-purchased house, trying to learn to be a decent decorator!   8)

FeliciaQueens

LOL Yes, True Blood is win.  My mum and I are really into it, and we're slowly catching up to the current plot.  We missed all of season 1 but it is happily available elsewhere to watch.  I was hooked after my SciFi book club sent me the last novel thus far....now I'm eager to go and collect the rest.

And NIN=luff.  On that note...

The last show he played here in my home state, he's squooshed lovingly between myself (left) and viol8r (right).  Meet and greet for donation to help someone needing a heart transplant.  Best $300 we ever used for anything. Pic is a thumbnail; if you click it you can see it in all its glory.   ;D

PookaWitch

HI!

I'm Pooka, and that's actually a nickname that I've had since my Sr. year of Highschool. So my username isn't exactly creative, just an old nickname and 'witch' added on because, well, I'm a wiccan priestess. ^^;

I'm 34 (cries), been married for nearly 13 years now and the mother of a very imaginative, ADHD son who is just about to turn 12. (No, I was not pregnant before I got married, I get asked that a lot. ^^; My son's birthday is a couple of weeks before our anniversary, so he was born nearly a year after the wedding.) My husband picked up the online nickname of Mr. Pooka, and he should be on this site very soon as well.

Currently my only job is my art and commisions, and my husband is going back to college (starting today actually), my son is homeschooled because I was so very dissapointed with the school in this small town and their excuse for an education. (I mean, come on, most of the kids couldn't even carry and borrow with math when going into the 5th grade!)

Oh, BTW we live in a very, very small town in the middle of the Ontario wilderness. Bears walk through my backyard and foxes hang out near my front steps to chat with me and beg for cheese. ;)

I created, draw and co-run the Sphinxes adoptables. My husband finally came onto PI to help me manage them because I couldn't handle both that workload and the other adoptables that I had been helping out with. ^^;

I love, love, love ancient history and mythology. I'm addicted to dice and paper roleplaying games and if I don't get a chance to even talk out some of the background rp with my husband from our home games for over a week I go through withdrawl. Heh. (Our home games are more like interactive storytelling then dice-rolling now anyhow.) I'm also very easily distracted by SIMS and sometimes vanish for short periods of time due to it. >.>

You can check out my art gallery at www.pookawitch.deviantart.com

springacres

Jadzhia!  *noms*  Some of us would say that the PI color matcher is not your only claim to fame *coughFunattheFaircough*  And what's your Runescape username?  I'm springacres2 on there.

Pooka!  *tackles* Are Sphinxes going to be leaving PI, or will there be events on both PI and here?

Jadzhia

Quote*coughFunattheFaircough*  And what's your Runescape username?  I'm springacres2 on there.

Oh! Good lord, zombies for the win! XD 

I'm Blue Latis on Runescape :) Are you a member or a free-to-play? I've been a member since I began as there's so much more to do. :) I'll add you next time I'm on. :)

Poupou

FeliciaQueens - OMG you got to touch Trent????  :o  I am not sure if I could have handled myself appropriately after that! LOL!  He's teh smex! You lucky you!!!  :D

I also know one of my friends who would openly dislike you because you did - that is, because he would be SOOOOOOOO jealous hahahaha!!! XD  He's one of the biggest NIN fan that I knew off back when I was in highschool.  I mean, the only thing he was talking about was NIN. O.o

Speaking of True Blood and vampires, there is a new series starting tonight?  I think it's called Vampires Diaries or something like that?  I hope it will be good, but after seeing True Blood, I wonder how they could ever top it off.  It's really quite awesome. <33333

*Edited for some spelling! Ack!

springacres

Quote from: Jadzhia on September 10, 2009, 11:56:21 AM
Quote*coughFunattheFaircough*  And what's your Runescape username?  I'm springacres2 on there.

Oh! Good lord, zombies for the win! XD 

I'm Blue Latis on Runescape :) Are you a member or a free-to-play? I've been a member since I began as there's so much more to do. :) I'll add you next time I'm on. :)

I'm a member too, for the same reasons.  :)

Sunchaser

POOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *tackles* yay! im so glad you are here i was worried about leaving PI and not being able to keep my sphinx's who i just love *wiggles* now im happy ^_^

Rekka

-crawls out of the closet-

Hello, I'm Rekka. Formerly known as Drakohn on PonyIsland. I am...an observer. So if you get that feeling you're being watched, quick! Look around the corner. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a ninja, it's.. Rekka!

I'm a 19 year old college student who just recently got her license and is prone to freaking out at the thought of getting in a car, but would love to pilot a mech. Irony, it is delicious.

[ But hey, mechs can blow the idiots clear off the road! Let's see you text and drive in front of me now. ]

Anyway, I'm a digital artist, somewhat casual gamer, and really casual anime fan. It's hard to get me riled up about anything in particular, so my biggest interests are contained to Fire Emblem, Code Geass, or any possibility of a new console ( not handheld! bleh) Zelda or Smash Bros. game. Used to be that Pokemon excited me, but nothing's interested me up til recently with Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Remakes of my favorite games! Huzzah!

I tend to prefer games that travel off the beaten path. Unlike a lot of folks here, if you want me to shut down immediately, just say "Final Fantasy". Can't stand the stuff! Also have a large amount of hatred for any Pokemon game after Gold/Silver/Crystal. There are very few turn-based games I can tolerate. Oddly, I like the ones that are less popular - IE, Fire Emblem and Baten Kaitos. Some of my other favorites are Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Fatal Frame and Fable. I prefer free-roaming games to constrained turn-based, so if you know any I might like, let me know!

Oh, and first-person shooters can perish with the turn-based games that force level grinding. I'll laugh if you poke Halo at me. >w>

I spend most of my non-school time on PI and that's not fixing to change any time soon, I will say that right now. I work as an item artist for the site and I've run the Miths there for about 3 years now ( we'll be having our 4th Christmas celebration this December, I believe). Got far too many obligations over there to even consider bringing Miths here, so I'll be sitting back and watching you all. Try not to mind my occasional evil cackle. Consider it background music. Or something less ominous like that.

TLDR END.

Poupou

QuoteI am...an observer. So if you get that feeling you're being watched, quick! Look around the corner. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a ninja, it's.. Rekka!

... and because of you I've lost my sleep! *sobs*

*Huggles Rekka* Welcome aboard!  It's nice to see you here, even if the Miths are not coming!  :)

Taruia

Welcome welcome to all the new peoples! I love you all...even if you are just here to stalk XD We like stalkers...just not the creepy serial killer type >.>

usedog2

Quote from: Taruia on September 10, 2009, 05:48:15 PM
Welcome welcome to all the new peoples! I love you all...even if you are just here to stalk XD We like stalkers...just not the creepy serial killer type >.>

:D!...

*hangs head and walks away*
Bum bum bee dum...

Taruia

>.> does that mean you're the creepy serial killer type usey? *hides behind lightsaber* >.>

usedog2

Welllll... *cough* I prefer the name 'professional observer/disposal personnel'.

Put that light saber away. Before I find somewhere creative to stick it. >3

(^^')
Bum bum bee dum...

PookaWitch

OH, no no, the Sphinxes aren't leaving PI, but we're talking about extending them to this site as well. ^^

And Sun, don't worry about your Sphinxes, we don't reclaim them if you leave PI. Basically just let us know in a message that you're leaving, and if you're keeping your sphinxes (or gifting, or whatever). I mean, it's your owned little piece of art, I wouldn't demand back a commision piece of art that I did for somebody on DA if they quit posting on their gallery there. *nods*

Oooh, and I'm Ldy_Rosalynd on Runescape, Mr. Pooka is Sir_Onwen. :D He's uber skilled on that site, and I just bask in his glory. ;) lol