News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Coming closer to a crappy anniversary

Started by PonyMama, September 24, 2009, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PonyMama

ok so the story is, I am my mother's first child but my dad's second.  I had a half sister when I was a baby for just about 2 years.
Tanya loved me, as I was a sister she always wanted and she was 6 when I was born.  She came to visit whenever she could, but the visits were never pleasant when it came to ehr mom, she sent her with old ratty clothing and refused to phone her, she wanted everything to be paid for by my dad, and he was happy to do so.
The birthday just before she turned 8 after a wonderful summer with us, she went home and was in school, from heer we don't quite know what happened, all we know is it was a murder suicide, and there were only two dead, my sister and her mother, something obviously was not right in tanya's mom's head and she snapped.

Sad story so far I know, sorry, I need to make you aware of why I may be crabby.

Well here I am, not even 2 yet, about to get a brother of all things and my sister is gone forever.  It left a very large void in my family forever.  Even my mom still grieves every year as they had a great ralationship when she was visiting.  My mom tell sm e stories even now of how Tanya used to cart me around, and stroke my cheek when I was sleeping, and make sure I was always cute as could be.

So now I look at my calendar and it is coming closer to the anniversary of her death, but to make matters worse it has been 25 years, and she has yet another new niece she will never meet.
I am not too sure why it is harder to me at the 25 year mark but it is just not making this easier.

So over the next couple months I will maybe be a little less me, as I usually am in RL, but not too sure if it will be the same online.  I am sorry for that too if I am, but now you guys know why.  Thanks for reading and I hope most people understand.

CutieePiee

*hugs*  :(

I can't imagine what you and your family have been through because of this terrible tragedy. We all have our own ways of grieving, so don't worry. My thoughts are with you. <3

Poupou

*Hugs tightly*

This is so sad, a real tragedy.  :'(
I am very sorry it happened, and I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for you and your family... 

Just know that we are all here for you and we always will be.  If you need to talk, rant or just let the emotions out, you know where to find me. <3

springacres

*hugs very tightly*

That is terrible, to lose your sister at such a young age.  And it obviously left deep emotional scars, knowing how much she loved you.

I cannot imagine losing my own sister.  My sister and I are 6 years apart too (she's younger) and as annoying as she can be at almost 23, I still love her.

PonyMama

Thank you guys and as it gets closer to the date I may come to chat Pou
Glad to hear you still have your sister, and I like hearing of those close bonds, my daughters are 7 years apart and I hope they are as close as my sister and I would/could have been