News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Question about artist permissions

Started by indigowulf, April 27, 2010, 11:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

I was wondering, is there any rules certain artists have concerning displaying thier art of pets you own? Example, if I have a pet named George drawn by Alice, and Alice hates the color blue, but I wanted to display George in my profile on blue.com (yeah its all made up) is there any rules any artists here have about displaying?

For myself: Any adoptable through me, I dont mind it being displayed places, but if there are several of them, I'd appreciate a link back to either Secundi or the adoptable in question's website.

Does anyone else have things like this? If so, could they be mentioned somewhere for anyone else who's wondering the same? (question came to mind because my BF has things displayed on Gaia, and I thought we should double check)

Ryuukokoro

I know the Skyreels have a rule that says if you display the Skyreels on a separate website they want a link back to skyreels.com, but I dunno if they've ever enforced it. But it sounds similar to what you're asking so I thought I'd mention it.

springacres

The Kennel and The Stable have rules like that for registered barns and kennels, too 8-)

Goddesss

Thats a good question.  I am going to be getting rid of all my PI adoptables other than my family ones and I would love to be able to display them here and on my site.  I was going to send a PM to all of the adoptable owners and see if it was ok.

sera

Generally people will allow you to display your pets elsewhere as long as there is a link back to them somehow.  Some people won't allow you to display on certain sites, like Neopets.  This is because there is traditionally an enormous amount of art theft on those sites. X__x;

i know that for the Naa, i prefer that they aren't displayed on sites like Neopets or on MSN group pages.  Since they've moved to Secundi, things are slightly looser since i'll be keeping them all in the photobucket account. 

springacres

Also, when displaying adoptables, I generally move mine to my own Photobucket account to avoid stealing other people's bandwidth.