News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Horse-Like Critter

Started by red_uni387, May 08, 2010, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_uni387

I can't draw anything that doesn't end up looking like a horse >.> and all my drawings have to face left or they turn out horrible lol

I was bored and my sketchbook was still out, so I drew. Then it looked too plain so I added feathers and the marking :]

Neocridders

That really looks cool. That would be a cool design for a character :)

It reminds me of something from Viva Pinata. Haha. I like it!

You know, since you say you can only draw things facing left, you can always just flip it when you scan it in.
But you should try more with other angles/positions/directions. It will help you grow as an artist. It may seem really hard and look not so good at first, but just go out of your way to draw in more unique positions. It really will help. Eventually you figure out how to make things look right, and before you know it you'll be better at drawing anything.
:) Horses are great animals, I can't draw one to save my life though. Maybe, if you are looking to try new creatures, just force yourself to change the leg size and face shape.

I mean, you don't have to... and it might not even help if you do, but I used to draw like that a few years ago, and I was in some sticky spots. I could not draw anything that was not a cat, or some animal with pointy ears. When I started PI, people were asking for things like bears and other creatures, and I struggled, but by going out of my comfort zone I improved so much and learned a lot, and although I feel like I have not gotten better, I look at my old drawings from so long ago, and I know I've improved.
And now, I was recently notifyed for gifted in art. I don't think many people have that sort of honor as a sophomore in high school, or from what I've heard anyway.

And here I am, going on and on. You're really good Red. I hope you post more drawings soon :D

red_uni387

lol I draw too many weird things to make charcters out of every one of them. This is another I'm proud of though :D

I didn't think he looked like a pinata XD Thank you though!

and this isn't a scan, it's just a picture. the scanner we have doesn't connect properly with the computer so I work on picture taking skills ^^
I have been trying with more poses, but I always get discouraged when I take out my mom's old pictures Dx Horses have always been my favorite animals, and I told myself that's what I wanted to learn how to draw perfectly, so my room's nearly covered in horse pictures and figurines. Plus everything just seems to have the same shape as a horse's head to me heh

aww that's so awesome! Your family must have been very proud to hear that! <3

thank you~ When I first started PI I posted more of my random doodles, but since I was always overshadowed by the totallyamazingawesomewanttobuyartfrom artists I stopped >.<