News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

How to get decent leopard spots?

Started by Willow, June 05, 2010, 11:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willow

Is there a brush you use that you've downloaded, or do you draw them by hand?
When I try and do them by hand they look awful T.T

Just a little question :)
~Willow

PonyMama

draw by hand....that's why I hate them soooooooo much!

Leafy

I use a brush ^_^; I found some really great ones on deviantart

Willow

Eep PM 0.0
They're very good though :D

Think you could point me in the direction of them Leafy?
~Willow

Leafy

http://cyb3rpaw.deviantart.com/art/Animal-Print-Brushes-41815923?q=boost%3Apopular+Animal+Print+Brushes&qo=3

I think this is the one I use, just click download, then unzip it, and extract the file to Adobe> Photoshop (version here) > Presets > Brushes

You can just drag and drop it into there, then once you've added it, restart your photoshop and at the top right there'll be a tab called brushes, select that, there'll be a drop down menu thingy and a little arrow in the brush tab that you just clicked. Click that little arrow and find the filename for the animal print brushes, click that and it'll ask if you want to replace current brushes with (insert filename here), click Append. Cause for whatever reason, instead of replacing ALL your brushes, it just adds the new brushes to the end of your brush list <_< pretty spiffy and it makes it easier to go back to the defaults lol.

Dunno if you needed all the above info, but it's nice to have on hand XD;;

Willow

indigowulf

I hate using brushes, I consider it cheating. Besides, brushes never follow the anatomy of a creature, which is my #1 pet peeve. I do mine by hand.

Leafy

yeah they don't really follow *that* well, but when done right they look good