News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Clicky adoptables website creation

Started by indigowulf, June 16, 2010, 11:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

http://www.adoptablehaven.myadopts.com/index.php

How fun is this? A templated clicky adoptable website place! I'm trying my hand at it.

If anyone would like to join me in this venture, Im open to accepting spriters, with 2+ stage sprites. I can pay in SG, your spriter credit goes on the forum. Also, you can be made into a forum "spriter" group member, if you decide to make more then 1 sprite.

The only problem with the site, is when its too busy, the images replace themselves with links to be clicked. Which makes things slow way down for clicks, because who wants to click a random link? But, they are working on this. Ive also asked them if they could implement some way where we can enter our own photo hosting for the generated codes. The whole thing is still rather beta at this time.

(btw, there are beta-only eggs available right now!)

Im also looking for someone who knows CSS, and would like to play with the layout.

indigowulf

Beta eggs- for anyone interested in poking around while I get things up and going.

Solistia

Hmmm, the images aren't showing up for me D:

(do you know you can put the template on your own webspace? or does it have to be on theirs? If it could be on your own, that might solve the issue =D but I have no idea XD )

EDIT (several hours later) oh, seems like that show up now!

sera

*Click click click*

i am interested and am okay at CSS, but i'm mostly concerned about my arm and pixel work. =P  lol  Looking forward to seeing where these go. ^^

indigowulf

They say its an issue of, when theres too much activity on thier server, the images stop showing. They are "working on it" but as they have only been up on thier current server a short while, I consider it beta. I dont know enough about the coding or the CSS to change the layout or make it so the auto-generated codes for images link to like my photobucket or something instead of thier overworked server. I think that's the only thing that needs to be fixed really, the rest looks nice.

They are also working on a breeding system, and theres a trade system active.

Im not in any rush to get this running, I just want to play with it for a while, and maybe have others play with it as well until we have something nice. Once the kinks are worked out, we can make it a real active thing and advertise it. Until then, its just a "between us" thing, unless someone stumbles on it and signs up :)

Neocridders

I saw that site forever ago, and I've been trying to download the codes so I can get that on my sites, but I think I may try again now. I love the main website that hosts all of those codes. It's wonderful.