News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

The Kennel Importing Dogs... I need help!

Started by Wildfilly94, July 22, 2010, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

Okay, I have two Labs I need to import for sure, and I know what to do, I jsut don't know how to get the import tickets and how much are they?
Also, I have two litters of puppies, but I'm Not a registered kennel yet (Been meaning to do so, but got lost when The Kennel switched to Secundi. I'll figure that out though.) so what should I do there? Can I get a registered kennel and then import my (6 total) puppies?
And do the dog beds have to be imported with a ticket too? (And champ packs)

And another thing, does the same thing apply for The Cattery? I have one cat and a champ pack too.

I also have a couple skyreel items (cant remember what they are, I think something for a horse type skyreel and a breeding item) and how do I get those registered on this site?

YourLoveOnly

I'll start with the two easiest questions first: Skyreels are not currently active, so right now you can't do anything with those. TheCattery has a thread for importing cats and items, no passport needed, but the thread is currently on hold I think?

Import passports can be found here: http://www.secundi.net/agencystore.php?ID=2
You need to buy one per adult dog. No passports are needed for items.

You need 2 females and 1 male of the same breed. So with 2 labs you cannot register a Kennel yet. You can also not keep your pups, register and then claim them all. They were born when you were a basic user, so the litters will count as being bred by a basic user. This means you can only keep one yourself. Back then you couldn't trade the remaining pups if you were unregistered, but you are allowed to do that now. Buuut this is an old litter, so I am not sure if the staff will or will not allow you to trade those spare pups. I would post in the current thread to ask that.

Wildfilly94

Okay thank you for all your help. Do you know where I can find the thread for TheCattery?
And Okay I'll just make things less complicated and PM Garney to keep One pup from each litter and leave it at that. :) Then I'll register my kennel, after I make a webpage. Hehe.

Neocridders

If you get registered before the litters were born, then I think you could keep all the puppies. But since you had the puppies, and they are already born, I'd say you can't register your kennel until after you grow them...

And that means for at least one of the litters you'd only be able to keep one puppy. But with new secundi stuff, I remember normal kennel owners can only keep one puppy, but I think they can get rid of their other puppies too? By trading them to users or giving them away?

Don't quote me on that, but I feel like I remember something like that

YourLoveOnly

This is the thread:http://www.secundi.net/forum.php?topic=639.0 but it hasn't been posted in by staff since March so that means it's not active at the moment. I would wait until it is.

As far as the litters go, I would send a PM to TheKennel to ask if it is still possible to grow your litter after all this time. Once they say it's okay you can send which pup you are keeping (or post in import thread, whatever they request you to do).

@Neo: before secundi you could keep one and the others could be used to pay stud/RB fees. If you used your own dogs then you can't do anything with the other pups. It's different on secundi now, but because these weren't born on secundi I think they would follow the old rules but you could ask the staff to be sure.

Wildfilly94

I send a message to TheKennel account reguarding the pups and my TheCattery kitty.
Thanks again though for all the help and clearing some things up. :)

Lectral

Cattery stuff needs to be posted in the Cattery thread, not sent to the Kennel.  Cattery has its own account, the Kennel does not deal with Cattery stuff now - if you would like to wait a few days, I am planning a new Cattery thread very soon...

As for puppies and registration - the only time a non-registered owner can "give away" extra pups, is as a breed fee to the owner of the parent(s), if they are using dogs they do not own, otherwise, they have to follow the limits. 

Taruia

The new rule that has been in effect for months here on Secundi is as follows:

QuoteAny puppies beyond the limit rule still in the possession of the breeder at the time of growing will randomly be retaken by TheKennel. To avoid this, simply trade away puppies so you only have the amount you are allowed to keep.

You can't make money, but you can trade them.

Reality is only for those who lack imagination.

Lectral

I thought I had seen a new rule, but couldn't remember what it was!  Bad Lectral >.>  Cats are pushing out puppy info