News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

WildGrowths: There's a What In My Park?

Started by WildGrowths, May 08, 2010, 02:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaCrest

Nordin made a funny sound as the green snakelike WildGrowth of Ryuu's approached. Happy? Inviting? Angry? Annoyed? I wondered as Nordin got up and warily sniffed the snaky creature.

Ryuukokoro

Mountain Dew (or Dew for short) darted up to its full "height," a stance holding its upper body upright in an S shape with its tail on the ground for balance. It made no noise, as it hadn't shown a mouth or place for sound to emerge since its discovery. But its head swayed slowly side to side as Nordin got closer. Suddenly it darted forward, straight at Nordin, but turned at the last moment and slid past him. It turned around, facing Nordin from behind, and resumed its stance.

SeaCrest

Nordin swiped his nose, and settled into a crouch, watching this strange, swaying creature. Suddenly, he pounced, landing just behind Dew.

"Nordin! Be careful!" I cautioned.

Ryuukokoro

Dew's head jerked up and back, tracking the large red body as it leaped over him and landed behind him (although tracking with what...? It didn't seem to have any eyes). Dew then lowered its head almost to the ground, as if creating a coiled spring, as Nordin came down. As soon as the red blob's "paws" touched the grass, Dew shot forward and coiled around Nordin like an attacking anaconda.

SeaCrest's voice alerted me to the trouble and I turned my head down just in time to see Dew curl around Nordin. "Oh!" I exclaimed in shock, cursing myself for not paying closer attention. "I'm so sorry!" I crouched and reached out a hand to try to separate the two blobs, although I was a little afraid to touch them.

SeaCrest

Nordin rolled over and shook Dew off. He promptly sat upon the blobbie's head with his paws, ignoring Ryuu's hand.

"Nordin!" My hand hovered over his head, and I finally held out his favorite - as far as I could tell - food; girl scout cookies. "Here, boy!"

Nordin ignored me and continued sitting on top of Dew, tail thumping on the grass. Was he play fighting?

Ryuukokoro

Play fighting hadn't occurred to me, in my own mind my new blob had just attacked someone else's. I could feel my face was bright red with embarrassment and worry. "I'm so sorry," I said again. "I just found him here in the park and he seems really aggressive toward other blob things..." I held out my hand again, but both blobs were ignoring me.

Dew quivered under Nordin's paws. His tail, with its little hovering orb, flipped back and forth on the ground behind Nordin. Slowly it curled up over Nordin's shoulder and tapped the little red blob on the back of the head.

WildGrowths

(Still trying to get things worked out irl, sorry!)

Keys!  The little blobbie is attracted to these as well.  She tries chewing on the edge of one, but it doesn't seem to be quite what she's looking for either.

The paper is deemed uninteresting, though she does give a longer look at the pencils and things.  These aren't exactly what she wants.

The bark holds no interest to the blobbie at all.  She doesn't seem to be interested in eating things from the natural world...

The receipt is viewed with slightly more interest than the plain paper, but perhaps not quite as much as the keys. 

(I love all of the RPing!)

indigowulf

Soothe looks at the 2 wrestling on the ground, and looks at me, and makes a strange churring noise. Is he afraid? Is he asking permission to join? Is he hungry? Does he just have gas and was actually burping in my face? I decide there is enough going on to document, but I forgot my normal journal. Good thing I have this blank one! Its real pretty, bound like a book with a laminated plastic cover.

I sit on the grass near the other 3 and search for something to write with. All I can find is a black scented marker. It smells of licorice. Ick. I begin to write in the journal, fending off Soothes attempts to eat the marker, and I don't notice the new little blobbies reaction to my plastic-paper-licorice scented journal book......

SeaCrest

Nordin whipped his head around and attacked this new object, only to discover it is Dew's tail. He rolls over and lays on his back, apparently playing dead.

"Hm...not a receipt, eh? What about...a coin?" I drop some loose change in front of the little blobbie.

Ryuukokoro

Dew surged upright as soon as Nordin fell over, finally freed of the larger red blob's weight. Its head whipped around, shaking back and forth, but the green blobbie went still when it saw Nordin lying on the grass.

Slowly Dew slithered closer, until its "nose" was just inches away from Nordin's leg. The nose wiggled as if sniffing. Then Dew turned, interest in the other blob completely gone, and started to slither away.

I was about to scoop up my errant WildGrowth so he couldn't cause any more harm, but I noticed Dr. Kayesh's young blobbie was becoming interested in people's things. I saw her attach to the keys momentarily and then lose interest. I checked my pockets and pulled out some lint and a few odds and ends.

"Hmm, do you need some metal?" I ask, offering the purple blobbie a paper clip.

SeaCrest

Nordin's ears droop, and he rolls over to curl up at my feet. I grin as Ryuu offers the purple newborn a paperclip. "Never thought of that," I comment.

WildGrowths

The purple blobbie regards metal with interest; is she licking the coins and the paperclip?  How strange!  None of these are exactly what she's looking for, however.  She seems to have lost interest in the paper and ink. 

Somewhere across the park, a phone begins to ring and the little blobbie perks up.  A phone might not be the only thing to catch her interest. . .

indigowulf

Getting a little bored and deciding to liven things up, I pull out a small radio and tune it to an 80's station. While Im tuning it, Soothe seems to really like the white noise between channels, but he will have to deal with actual music.

WildGrowths

The little blobbie makes a small meep at the appearance of the radio and leaps from Dr. Kayesh's hand.  She bites at the radio, evidently ecstatic at its appearance, but it appears to just be too big for her to swallow...

Ryuukokoro

I laughed a little at the blob's clearly happy reaction. "Aw, you little thing, you're adorable," I said. "It's too big, huh? Oh, wait, I might have something that is more your size." I reached into my pocket and pulled out my iPod. Quickly I turned it on and chose my randomized track list. Tinny music came from the headphones as I held the small device out to the purple critter.

YourLoveOnly

((Hehe I had totally planned to make it listen to music from the very beginning, because I am always listening to music when I'm out :P But I'm so very very busy. I'll try to get back to this soon, I promise.))

indigowulf

((lol I was gonna say ipod too, but showing my age, i couldnt remember what it was called.. i could only think walkman... so radio came out instead))

WildGrowths

The purple blobbie eyes the iPod, which is likely about the same size at her, before she leaps at it ecstatically.  Unless someone can somehow stop her(which might be a little difficult), she's going to swallow it whole.  Oh, dear!

(Well, the key wasn't exactly music.  I was trying to give good hints towards her reactions, but it was a little hard to direct them without being too blatantly obvious.  lol  In actuality, this little blobbie has a distinct craving for technology.  Further oh, dear!  lol  She will likely be a very expensive blobbie to keep around as she will be swallowing tv remotes, car fobs, and the like-- with a definite taste for cell phones! 

Because Ryuu presented an item I knew for sure she could swallow, the little blobbie will go home with her.

However, because indigo put us on the correct track, she will receive a Frilled Mushroom.  I hope this an acceptable turn of events; I very much want to be fair to everyone.)

Ryuukokoro

(Eee yay! ^_^ Thank you to everyone as we worked toward the answer! I actually was going to write cell phone at first but based on the sentence "A phone might not be the only thing to catch her interest" I decided to go with something other than a phone lol.

Aw, I'm going to name her Margarita because we had to mix all our info together to make her. XD And my WildGrowths are all named after drinks.)

I drew in a breath to say something to Dr. Kayesh, but at that moment the little purple blob leaped into my hand and before I could say anything, the iPod was gone. The headphones dangled on their cord out of her mouth, but after a second they were slurped up like a dangling strand of spaghetti.

I stared at her for a moment and then I let out a light laugh. "Well, I DID hold it out to her while we were trying to get her to eat things," I chuckled. "I guess acting surprised at this point would be silly."

Lem poked its yellow body out of my pocket, pointing it toward the little purple blob. But she was focused on her plastic snack and didn't take any notice of the other WildGrowth. At my feet, the snake-like green blob was still sniffing around the grass not far from Nordin.

indigowulf

((congrats Ryuu :) Im surpised you didnt name it iBlob hehe. Thank you for frilled mushroom, you didnt say there was more then the blobby so I didnt expect it :)  ))

*carefully puts it where Soothe cant find it*

SeaCrest

Nordin wriggles at the sound of the music and bounces up and down when Margarita swallows the iPod. "It looks like Nordin likes music too," I say, laughing. I pull out my own iPod and am about to turn it on when Nordin swallows my key. "Nordin! I need that!" Luckily, I have a chain attached to it, and yanking on it, I manage to pull out the key from Nordin's mouth. Wait...not quite. There's no key!

Nordin appears to have swallowed my house key! Now I'll have to go hunt down my spare!

((Congrats Ryuu!))

WildGrowths

(Feel free to continue RPing, though my official role will end here.  Thank you, everyone, for participating and putting up with my newness at this!)

Dr. Kayesh, glad to be rid of the extra blobbie, especially since Miki showed no maternal interest in it, collected her and his other items.  He made quiet farewells to everyone still near him and headed back for his lab.

(For RP Participation:
YourLoveOnly receives some Green Nuts.
SeaCrest receives a Yellow Sticky Potion.
indigowulf receives a Rounded Green Shell.
Lookky receives a Spiky Blue Rock.
Ryuukokoro receives a Small White Shell. )

YourLoveOnly

Lookky has left Secundi with no intention of ever coming back. I still need to announce this somewhere because he owes a lot of people things, including myself >.>