News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Started by indigowulf, September 05, 2009, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indigowulf

I just thought I would bring it to your attention, there is a "stay logged in" option. However, if that option is checked, you do not earn daily log in SG. I suspected that was the case when my starting SG didnt change, so I logged out and back in. Sure enough, there was my daily log in SG.

Silvanon

Well, here's the deal - I could set up the site so it checks if you've received your daily SG each time you visit a page while signed in.  However, that will slow the site and put more burden on the server.  That might not be a problem right now, but it could become a big issue with very many users on the system.  This site is paid for out of our pockets right now, and we can't really afford to upgrade our account right now, so we need to minimize server burden.

If you would like I can include a button on the Games page that you go click to get your daily SG if you don't want to log out and log in again.  Actually that was the original idea, but then I decided to make it a bit more convenient and give it to you automatically if you logged in.  But if you feel it's more convenient to stay logged in and go click the button instead I can offer that option.

indigowulf

personally I would love that. Ill just remember to log out/in every day until then lol.
On a side note- I fully intend to win the lotto, at which time Ill make a massive donation :P *nod nod* But honestly, maybe a donation chest thingy? Couldnt hurt. Not implying that you need anything, just to help ease the pocketbooks a bit.

Tari Mithrandir

I concur with both suggestions XD
~Tari

Garney

At the moment we're okay, but it is a big leap to the next stage in the servers. At that point we have to be -sure- that we're stable as a game, userbase, and growth before we commit.

At this just getting starting basically 'intro' period we'll probably make due off USD custom critters from our shops. Split six ways the cost isn't that bad, but we have to be aware of our limitations on this cheaper package and stay under those limitations as much as possible, like Silv said. Streamline the code, reduce server lag, no one likes lag anyway XD

When we do get to that point, I'd like to offer some sort of donator's reward. But that's down the line and something we'll have to talk about as a team. Do we want special paid only features in accounts (there will always be free options), or a special critter or item. And where does that money go, into someone's paypal or bank or a special site account we need to set up. Lots of things to talk about.

Tari Mithrandir

Ah, such is true.
Well, no rush on the donate feature then, but I do like the idea of putting the daily salary into the Games section rather than having to log out and back in ^^;
~Tari

indigowulf

lol now I can log in on the forums but not the main page. Everytime I log in on the main page it sends me to the forums, and when I go back to the main page Im not logged in. It was also the first time I logged in from a different computer, then came back home, so Im wondering if I forgot to log out there. Ill call him when he gets off work in 4 hours and have him check for me.