News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Site-wide Clock (Functional)

Started by Aya, September 05, 2009, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aya

Well i know there is still alot to be done of the site and i dont know if one will be added but as there will be people from allover the world on here i think it might be a good idea to have a clock on here. I just looked at an auction on an adopti and was trying to figger out what the end time would be were i am. I am not good with that sort of thing and maybe other user are not also so if we had a clock and we went by that time it would be easyer. Again i know this idea might be already in works so if it just pass other this post.

jeanstarwind

Oh, good suggestion! I would definitely second this. I don't know how complicated it would be to code, but when it comes to auctions I think it would be invaluable. It would save a lot of time (no pun intended, lol) and confusion for everybody.

Midnight Phantom

hehe, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the auction, it would be helpful ^.^;

indigowulf

I just came to this forum to suggest the same thing lol

Silvanon

That is a good suggestion, thanks.  I'll see what I can do. :)

Ryuukokoro

lol I wondered how to word it for the auction, as well!

I will post a few hours before the auction closes, saying exactly how much time is left, in case anyone is far from the eastern time zone. ^_^

MadMooCow

Hehe saw the same auction and thought the same thing.

It would be very useful to have a clock that applied to all of Secundi. It would definitely save confusion.

Silvanon

One clock for your viewing pleasure, now appearing on pages throughout Secundi!  :)

Edit: And since you're probably wondering, the clock displays the server time, which happens to be Central time.

Garney

Because the server is in Central time, not because Silv loves my timezone XD

Poupou

Yay for clock! 

Silv, you are a genius!  Amazing!!! :D

Tari Mithrandir

~Tari

Lectral

My timezone too :D

But I don't see a clock anywhere O.o

Tari Mithrandir

Upper right hand corner, over your log in :) Took me a minute too, and it loads after the rest of the page ^_^
~Tari

indigowulf

is it not IE compatible? I dont see it either.

eta: nm, I can see it on the home page, just not on the forums

Ravvana

Quote from: indigowulf on September 07, 2009, 09:33:15 AMI can see it on the home page, just not on the forums

Same with me

EDIT: And I use AOL.

YourLoveOnly

Ryuukokoro

I'm using Firefox and I see it on forum and main page both. :)

indigowulf

thats so strange. I guess Ill just have to pop over to the main site page to check the clock, then back to forums if I see an auction or something. Even after logging out/in and waiting to see if it was delayed, I have no forums clock.

Silvanon

.... that is really odd that you'd see it on the main site and not here.  *puzzle puzzle*  The clock itself is pulling from the same script for both places, it's not that.  It's got to have something to do with the forum layout.  *puzzle puzzle*

Um, I'll try putting a second copy of the clock in a different location on the forum and we'll see if that makes a difference.

Aya

Well i saw it on the forms till just now

ETA:Its back other then just then the clock has worked fine for me

Poupou

For me it's like when I'm in the forums, I see it just above the Hey, Poupou and when I'm on the game side, it's in the upper right corner, but alot smaller and I didn't see it at first because the colors are in the same tones, just a bit darker for the clock.

Maybe it's because people are expecting the same size all around the site? :)

Aya

Now the clock has a lovely purple background cool :D

Silvanon

Ok, the clock is now purple with white font, and should appear the same size and font throughout the site.  It's in the upper right-ish for both templates, but not exactly the same place.  Are people still seeing it just on the main site and not on the forum?

Ravvana

This is what I see now:

I assume the purple line is the clock?

Silvanon

Thanks Rav, that at least gives me a clue what's going on.  Now to figure out a fix.

Edit: Ok, I moved the clock to truly the same place as the main site.  Does everyone see it on the forum now?

Tari Mithrandir

Still working for me, though I did a double take when it was moved way up there XD
~Tari

Ravvana

indigowulf

Vitreous

Last night the clock was obstructed by my avatar in the top corner.  Now I can see it fine.  ^__^

Star

Question : Is this clock affected by the profile time setting?

I was attempting to set the forum to show my time zone as there is an option for that in the profile settings but it seems to have no affect.

It's not a problem at all if it doesn't, just wondering if it should or not. :)

Tari Mithrandir

No, that preference setter is forum embedded and is what shows you the time/date on posts.
If you want the site clock to match the posting times you are seeing, set your preferences to CMT :)
~Tari

YourLoveOnly

Thanks Tari, I wanted the posting times to match the clock and now I know how =]