News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

{Spongequines} Main Thread- Come and take a look!

Started by JellyThunda, June 13, 2011, 06:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfilly94

Lol, Yeah, I'm gunna stalk this thread for some Spongequines, cause I want them! >:)

JellyThunda

Sorry for being away for so long, guys! I was caught up in rodeo drama. -ugh- (I had to get together everything so my chaps, vest, and hat would all be in order and looking nice before we headed out).
I'm planning on hosting an event maybe tomorrow, when I have time. It just happens that I have a bunch of stuff to do.. :P
Horses are a lot of work.

JellyThunda

Here's some eye candy for you guys. ~

This is me and my beautiful horse, dreamer, standing in the dark. :P I blacked out my face for privacy reasons, but you shouldn't mind because dreamer is the star of the show! <3 This picture was taken this past winter, so I'm wearing a big clunky ugly-man jacket. XD

Neocridders

Wildfilly94

JellyThunda

Yeah, she's a great horse. I have to lease a different horse soon, though, because she's pregnant (the father is a purebred, award-winning friesian <3) and I can't use her for drill team because her owner doesn't want her to lose the baby (though she's still going to be used for light riding so she gets exercise). She has the best confirmation of any thoroughbred I've ever seen; she only needs 2 shoes on her hooves (the front ones) cause she has tender frogs.

Anyways, here's Kahlira's growings~

I'll need the names for those two. <3

Wildfilly94

Aw. :) I bet she'll have a beautiful baby!
And omg!! Kahh, I love your mare. :3

Kahlira

Wow, that mare is pretty and the stally is gorgeous XD

Mare: Name: Beauty to Behold
Stallion: Name: Star Pupil

(Both are born on my niece's b-day)

JellyThunda

Gah! Horses are taking up all my time! (not necessarily a bad thing..)
Your babies have been re-uploaded, Kahlira. <3 They are in pick-ups.

JellyThunda

CrystalAngelNeko's two babies~!

I will need their names as well. <3

CrystalAngelNeko

!!! I got 2 cute little boys! Eeee~ Ummm the first boy Will be Twilight and the second boy will be Smiley!

JellyThunda

<3 I'm glad you like them.
They have their names now and are in pick-ups.

JellyThunda

... I know what kind of event I'm gonna hold...
I'll try and put it up on the forums right now, but I'm leaving soon so it might not get posted until very late or tomorrow.

CrystalAngelNeko

JellyThunda

The CYO contest has been put up, it ends when I deem it so. (expect it to last around 1 week, or until I have found at least 2 people that want the colorist job and have good coloring skills)

YourLoveOnly

My little sponge still isn't in pick-ups, did I miss something I needed to do? ^^

Victoria

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/tcddc4/FriesianStallion1.png

Name: Light Brite
Owner: Victoria
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?: Yes
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?: No

Wildfilly94

I just downloaded my beloved Gimp again, I'm going to definantly play around and color me some Spongequines. :3 Shame I don't have Photoshop, I'td be fun to be a colorist.

Wildfilly94

EDIT: I use GIMP to color these, but  I just got Photoshop 7.0, and tested out the certin and it works! <3

'I want to help JellyThunda!'

(Buckskin/Gruella)

Name: Isabella
Owner: Wildfilly94
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?: N/A

(Red Roan)

Name: Amistad
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?: No
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?: Sending after I post this ^^

(Tobiano Paint)

Name: Rosalind
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?: Sending after I post this ^^

Luv007

Name: Forgotten Love
Owner: Luv007
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?: yes

CrystalAngelNeko

Name: Neytiri
Owner: CrystalAngelNeko
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?: yes

Ryuukokoro

Hee hee, Neytiri is born again as a horse! X3

CrystalAngelNeko

I wanted to ad braids to her hair.... but I couldn't get it to look right x3

Wildfilly94

Whoa *Jaw drops* I wish I was that amazing, Crystal D:

Winged

Name: Becca
Owner: Winged dreams

I'd apply for the job but i'm not sure if i'm really good enough (i always worry about my colouring) and my version of photoshop doesn't like the folders. I couldn't see inside them. To colour Becca, i had to simplify the colour folder and only use that as a base. I'm not even sure what the different layers inside the filders are. Anyway, i hope that Becca's okay even though i didn't colour the way i was supposed to with the layers.
Owner of Gliders!

Wildfilly94

EDIT: Gifting to luv007 - I already paid for him so she just needs to post his name ^^

kunaisa

Name:Lizeena
Owner:kunaisa
Breed: friesian
3 Colors: brown, blue, green
Preferred Markings:anything
Description of Personality:goofy and silly but can also be serious when she needs to be. She loves her markings because they show that she is different from everyone else and not boring like a robot.

Sorry it has taken me sooo long

JellyThunda

Thank-You for the semi-custom form, kunaisa. I'll get started on that when I get home from my vacation. (I didn't bring my tablet with me)

Sorry for not being around for so long, guys. As I said above, I am on vacation and I'm struggling to find time to be online. :P
All your entries have been great so far, and I'm estimating that the event will end on this coming Saturday or later. (the 23rd) Winged dreams, is it possible for you to download GIMP? I'm going to allow people to compete for the colorist job even if they only have GIMP since I realize that it's just as good as photoshop with the right skills. (I'm not sure that the folders work in that one, either, though, so you'll have to try it out). I'm assuming you're using Photoshop Elements, because that version of photoshop cannot create folders, thus it cannot open them.
I do think that you may have a shot, I'd need to see more examples of your coloring before I'd consider you as a colorist, though.
*goes to cert the CYOs*

Winged

Yeah it is photoshop elements i have. Sadly no it's probably not possible for me to download GIMP, since my dad's really strict about what i download and for now i'm still using his internet. Anyway i don't think folders work in GIMP and i wouldn't like to have to adapt to a whole new program when i've only just got used to photoshop.
Owner of Gliders!

JellyThunda

I could try and edit the .psd files for the Spongequines so that there are no folders, but it would sacrifice the organization of the layers. I could do it, though, so I'll try and fix it.

Wildfilly94

Hey Winged and Jelly, I used GIMP to color mine, and it works just fine in the psd files. It works  great, actually. And I got Photoshop 7 for certing, which also works great. The certing in GIMP does NOT work at all, but it DOES in Photoshop. :)

**Not sure if you saw, but I said I was willing to help out and color and cert for you, JellyThunda. :) I can do customs, semis, premades, wahtever you tell me to do. :) I think I'd enjoy semis and customs ALOT though. Hehe.

JellyThunda

I've posted the files for Photoshop Elements. There is no folders, and I've labeled which layers you shouldn't edit so that you won't accidentally mistake them for layers you should edit.

And I did see that you wanted to be a colorist as well, Wildfilly. I really like your coloring, and I think you may get the job, I just can't reveal the winners until the contest ends. <3
And could you explain why GIMP can't cert so that I may try and fix the problem?

Luv007

Thank you for the beautiful boy, wildfilly!!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd159/Wildfilly94_PI/PaintFriesianS.png

Name: Abu

Which means nobility.  I love the coloring!

JellyThunda

All of the CYOs up until Neytiri have been certed and are in Pick-Ups.

Wildfilly94

Ohh, okay! :)
And its the program, not a problem you can fix.
1: Gimp doesnt have the font you need to cert (I searched through every font)
2: In order to type a name even without the right font, you have to erase where you wrote 'name' an such and try to align your text with the cert, which can be difficult.
3: Unless you know exactly what your doing, the text wont wrap around if its a long name, itll just run right off the cert.

So, yeah, Gimp and certing=not working. Lol. Photoshop is the ideal program to cert these guys. Hehe. Which thankfully I was able to get.

JellyThunda

Oh, that makes sense. That's why I like photoshop; it saves the font faces with the .psd file so that you can edit fonts that you don't have downloaded on your computer. But it seems like GIMP can cert, it just takes a little preparation to do so. I'll add instructions in the "event" post for users who are entering the competition with GIMP so that they can edit the cert when they need to.

Wildfilly94

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the first page. :)

Wildfilly94

Sorry I'm so anxious, but do you know when you'll be closing the colorist job hunt?

JellyThunda

Um, I'm planning on closing it on this coming saturday, the 23rd, or I'll at least wait until I get back home from my vacation. <3

Wildfilly94

JellyThunda

Oh, and YourLoveOnly, I've added your baby to Pick-Ups. Sorry about that, I had forgotten. :P

EDIT:
Neocridders, your babies (both batches) are in Pick-Ups as well. Your Jillian had 5 babies (!) and the father was a pure black color. Teagan had only 1 baby, sadly, yet it has inherited a very bright and interesting coloration. We'll just have to wait and see if it inherits its father's pegacorn breed.
All breedings have been finished! :D

JellyThunda

I have finished certing all the CYOs that have been made as of now. They are in pick-ups.

Wildfilly94

<.< ........... >.>

Another over an hour long project...
And I SWEAR my last Cyo this time. XD

Mimic of my kitten, Symon

Name: Symon
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?: .... No
Sending SG now

He's the smaller one:

<3

Luv007

Victoria

They are beautiful! I want kitties with those shades of browns!

Link: http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/tcddc4/art/ArabianStallion.png
Name:Lando
Owner: Victoria
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?:Going to

Link: http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/tcddc4/art/ArabianMare.png
Name: Hestia
Owner:Victoria
Is this your first Spongequine CYO?:nO
If not, have you sent the 20k payment for this order yet?:Going to

They are mates (:

Wildfilly94

Hehe, thanks guys ^^ They are both VERY BAD SPOILED cats though. >.> Noooooo of COURSE I didn't spoil them.. not Me..
And by the way, I love your pair Victoria. :)

YourLoveOnly

I totally don't have time for the CYO.. Does anyone maybe wanna color for me? I have some horse mimics I'd love to have so even if I get just one that'd be great.

Wildfilly94

I'll do it!! ^^ I'm completely addicted. >.<

Victoria

Thanks haha! They are my characters Lando is my newest one he was made for fun by someone on Chickensmoothie i ask and they gave him to me for free (: So happy.

Wildfilly94